On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun makin
What does makin mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- battles in World War II in the Pacific (November 1943); United States Marines took the islands from the Japanese after bitter fighting
- region: Gilbert Islands
- lexical domain: Acts - nouns denoting acts or actions
- synonyms of Makin: Tarawa / Tarawa-Makin
- instance of: amphibious assault = an amphibious operation attacking a land base that is carried out by troops that are landed by naval ships
- part of: Second World War / World War 2 / World War II = a war between the Allies (Australia, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Czechoslovakia, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Ethiopia, France, Greece, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, India, Iran, Iraq, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Philippines, Poland, South Africa, United Kingdom, United States, USSR, Yugoslavia) and the Axis (Albania, Bulgaria, Finland, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Rumania, Slovakia, Thailand) from 1939 to 1945
- Makin is the name of a chain of islands located in the Pacific Ocean island nation of Kiribati. Makin is the northernmost of the Gilbert Islands, with a population of 1,798.
- also known as 馬金群島
- Makin is an unincorporated community in Warren Township, Huntington County, Indiana.
Who is Makin?
Makin was the son of Taksin.
Phrases with Makin
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Makin
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Private Media Partners
MAKIN. Trish Draper Marginal Liberal, 0.9% Makin is an outer-suburban seat, a wedge-shaped slice of northeastern.
Developing effective institutions for water resources management: A case study in the Deduru Oya Basin, Sri Lanka (2003)
by P. G. Somaratne, K. Jinapala, L. R. Perera, B. R. Ariyaratne,, D. J. Bandaragoda, Ian Makin
Bandaragoda is a Principal Researcher, and Ian Makin is the Regional Director, Southeast Asia, all of the ...
Big Stone Gap (2015)
by Adriana Trigiani
Iva Lou Makin is the consummate romantic.
by Paul Joseph
When the Allied General Staff launched its first major offensive into the Pacific theater—Operation Watchtower at Guadalcanal—a diversionary parallel raid at Makin Island was also planned. There, the Japanese Navy maintained a seaplane ...
by William L. Wuerch, Dirk Anthony Ballendorf
Makin, Raid on, 1942 / 71 period of American administration following World War II and was known and respected throughout Micronesia. Mailo acquired the traditional knowledge of itang (which is an esoteric powerful military astuteness).
The Definitive Encyclopedia and Document Collection by Spencer C. Tucker
Makin Atoll is part of the Gilbert Island chain in the Central Pacific. It was the site of two World War II battles, both of which occurred on Butaritari, the largest island. Makin is shaped like a long, crooked hammer; the head is 3.5 miles long, and ...
by James C. Bradford
Makin. Raid. (1942). was executed by two companies of the 2nd Raider Battalion, U.S. Marine Corps, on a remote Japanese-held atoll in the Gilbert Islands early in World War II. Commanded by the colorful and controversial Lt. Col.
by Lol Henderson, Lee Stacey
Ellen Donaldson, Walter Donaldson's daughter, said in programme notes forHouston's Theater UndertheStars 1997 production “Makin' Whoopee,”that the collaboration was “alifelong friendship,” which included as many golf games as songs.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Makin
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Makin
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Makin sake
Photo credit: marchughes
- Makin in rain
Photo credit: L. Andrew Bell
- Makin' Cake
Photo credit: ultrachuck13
- Makin' Cake
Photo credit: ultrachuck13
- Macro makin'
Just taking a quick photo of things on the porch railing.
Photo credit: qnr
- Salad Makin'
Photo credit: Hanna_Elise
- Makin' Whoopee
Photo credit: jackol
- Makin' Waves
Photo credit: Jinx!
- Makin' Snow
Photo credit: k.steudel
- Makin' Music
Photo credit: Kila (kee-la)
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Makin
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Makin!
Quotes about Makin
From then on in, me and Sonny started makin' records. My first records, Sonny was backin' me up. Sonny wasn't singin' natural at the time; he was singin' falsetto. (Brownie McGhee)
more quotes about makin...
Scrabble value of M3A1K5I1N1
The value of this 5-letter word is 11 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of MAKIN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Makin!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Makin to see it in context!