maktub a.k.a. Maktoob Inc. is an Arab Internet services company, founded in Amman, Jordan known for being the first Arabic/English email service provider. "Maktoob" in Arabic means "letter", "written", or "Destiny". Maktoob today has more than 280 employees with offices in Amman, Dubai, Cairo, Riyadh, and Kuwait. On Aug 25, 2009, Yahoo! Inc. announced it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Maktoob.com, thus turning Maktoob into Yahoo!'s official arm in the MENA region.
- also known as Maktoob Business
- official website: www.maktoob.com
Maktub is a Seattle, Washington-based music group formed in the late 1990s that combines elements of hip-hop, rhythm and blues, soul, and funk, with a sprinkling of jazz and rock.
- genres: Rock music, Progressive rock, Jazz fusion
- albums: "Khronos", "Subtle Ways", "Start It Over", "Say What You Mean"
- official website: www.maktub.com
"Maktub" is a book by Paulo Coelho.
"Maktub" is a 2011 comedy film written and directed by Paco Arango.
- also known as Cambio de planes
- countries: Spain, Argentina
- language: Spanish Language
- producers: Antonio Aporta, Paco Arango, María José Martínez
- executive producers: Antonio Aporta & Miguel A. Gil
- production design by Llorenç Miquel
- written by Paco Arango
- Diego Peretti as Manolo
- Aitana Sánchez-Gijón as Beatriz
- Goya Toledo as Mari Luz
- Andoni Hernández as Antonio
- Rosa Maria Sardà as Guadalupe
- Amparo Baró as Merche
- Marivi Bilbao as Puri
- Enrique Villén as Raimundo
- Jorge Garcia as Carlos
- Laura Natalia Esquivel as Linda
- Oriol Tarrason as Román
- Fátima Baeza as Marta
- Pere Brasó as Adrián
- Sara Jimenez as Elena
- Arón Piper as Iñaki
- casting by Eva Leira & Yolanda Serrano
- cinematography by Carlos Suárez
- edited by Teresa Font
- music by Nathan Wang
- costume design by Cristina Rodríguez
- genre: Comedy
- released on
- official website: www.maktublapelicula.com/es
- "Maktub" is a musical album of Motherjane.
- released on (5 years ago)
- "Maktub" is a musical album of Viza.
- released in (8 years ago)
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for maktub
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The World Encyclopedia of Contemporary Theatre (2005)
Volume 5: Asia/Pacific by Katherine Brisbane, Ravi Chaturvedi, Ramendu Majumdar, Chua Soo Pong, Minoru Tanokura
whose best work is Se Maktub (Three Letters), which includes the dialogue called Susmar al dowleh (The Lizard of the State), a tale of a nineteenth-century ...
The New Encyclopedia of Islam (2008)
by Cyril Glassé
Free will, see MAKTUB; QADARIYYAH. Friday Prayer (Ar. sa/af al-jum'ah). The special Friday midday prayer is performed in a congregational mosque, that is, a large mosque where worshipers come together who may well perform the other ...
Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy: Index (1998)
by Edward Craig
The famous epistle called Maktub al-madani (Madi- nian Epistle) to Isma'il Afandi is a part of the second volume of the book. This article is a detailed description of wahdat al-wujud and wahdat al-shuhud, along with Shah Wali Allah's attempt ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for maktub
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about maktub
Click on an item to view that photo:
Scrabble value of M3A1K5T1U1B3
The value of this 6-letter word is 14 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of MAKTUB
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of maktub!
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of maktub for some fun with words!