Mam is a palindrome (it reads the same backward as forward).View more palindromes!
On this page:
- Definition of the noun mam
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Mam
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Mam
- Photos about Mam
- Videos about Mam
- Quotes about Mam
- Scrabble value of M3A1M3
- Anagrams of MAM
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun mam
What does mam mean as a name of something?
noun - plural:
- mam: mams
- Mam: -
- a member of a Mayan people of southwestern Guatemala
- a Mayan language spoken by the Mam
Alternative definition of the noun mam
- [informal, and, colloquial] Diminutive of mother.
- Mam a.k.a. Chintara Sukapatana, born Chittima Sukapatana is a Thai film actress. Her best-known role was as Trinh in the 1987 Hollywood film, Good Morning, Vietnam, in which she co-starred opposite Robin Williams. At the time, she was a student at Krirk University.
- read more about Chintara Sukapatana (actress)
- Mam a.k.a. Vichuda Pindum is an actress.
- read more about Vichuda Pindum (actress)
- Mam a.k.a. Watcharin Jinamusi is a singer and actress.
- read more about Watcharin Jinamusi (actress)
- Mam a.k.a. Irene B. Derrickson is the mother of actor Teller.
- MAM is a musical group.
- Mam a.k.a. M.A.M is a musical group, webpage.
MAM Records was a British record label launched in 1970 by the management company Management Agency & Music Ltd.. It was founded by Gordon Mills and Tom Jones and distributed by Decca Records. Artists on the label included Gilbert O'Sullivan, Lynsey de Paul, and Dave Edmunds. Engelbert Humperdinck was a major recording artist with MAM. Gordon Mills was Engelbert Humperdinck's manager. Distribution switched to EMI in the mid 1970s.
- also known as MAM Records
- Mam a.k.a. Maam is a fictional character from the 1991 anime television series Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibōken.
- read more about Maam
- Mam is a fictional character from the 2012 film Seven Something.
- Mam is a fictional character from the 2005 film Manderlay.
- Mam is the male protagonist in the Kurdish classic love story Mam and Zin.
- also known as Mem
- Mam is a fictional character from the 1993 film Bad Boy Bubby.
- Mam is a fictional character from Mai ka Mam don ka don, a 2011 comedy film directed by Petchtai Wongkamlao.
- Mam is a fictional character from the 1995 Thai film Dark Side Romance.
- Mam is a fictional film character.
- Mam is a fictional character from the 2013 film Bradford-halifax-london.
- Mam is a fictional character from the 1981 film Der Neger Erwin.
- Mam is a fictional character from the 1997 film The Deadness of Dad.
- Mam is a fictional character in the 2009 film The fading light.
- "Mam" is a 2010 short independent film directed by Hugo Speer and written by Vivienne Harvey.
- "Mam" a.k.a. "Mum" is a 2010 short documentary film directed by Adelheid Roosen.
- read more about Mum
"Mam" is a musical EP of Superfood.
- released on
- MAM a.k.a. The Montclair Art Museum is located in Montclair, in Essex County, New Jersey, United States.
- read more about Montclair Art Museum
- MAM a.k.a. The Pérez Art Museum Miami is a contemporary art museum located within the new Museum Park in Downtown Miami, Florida. Founded in 1984 as the Center for the Fine Arts, it became known as the Miami Art Museum from 1996 until it was renamed in 2013 upon the opening its new building designed by Herzog & de Meuron at 1103 Biscayne Boulevard. PAMM, along with the $275 million Patricia Frost Museum of Science and a city park which are being built in the area with completion scheduled for 2015, is part of the 20-acre Museum Park.
- read more about Pérez Art Museum Miami
- MAM a.k.a. The Modern Academy In Maadi, Egypt, was founded in 1993 by a group of professional educationalists, Initially, The Modern Academy is located in Maadi, a southern suburb of Cairo known by its greenery and quietness.
- read more about Modern Academy In Maadi
- Mam a.k.a. General Servando Canales International Airport is an international airport located in Matamoros, Tamaulipas, Mexico, near the U.S.-Mexico border. It handles national and international air traffic for the city of Matamoros. It's operated by Aeropuertos y Servicios Auxiliares, a federal government-owned corporation.
- also known as General Servando Canales Airport
- part of Mexico
- Mam a.k.a. Mam language: Mam is a Mayan language with almost 480,000 speakers, spoken in the Mexican state of Chiapas and the Guatemalan departments of Quetzaltenango, Huehuetenango, San Marcos, and Retalhuleu. There are also thousands of Mam speakers in California, United States, as well as Washington, United States.
- Mam 'grandfather' or 'grandson', is a pan-Mayan kinship term as well as a term of respect referring to ancestors and deities. In Classic period inscriptions, the word mam appears to be used mainly to introduce the name of a grandfather, grandson, or ancestor, often a king.
- also known as The Mam
- MAM a.k.a. Sarcoglycan, gamma is a protein.
- read more about Sarcoglycan, gamma
- Mam is a file format.
- Mam a.k.a. Mam, Northern Language is an human language.
- also known as Huehuetenango Mam; Mam, Northern
- Mam a.k.a. sarcoglycan, gamma (35kDa dystrophin-associated glycoprotein) is a gene.
- also known as limb girdle muscular dystrophy 2C (Duchenne-like muscular dystrophy, autosomal recessive); Maghrebian myopathy (autosomal recessive); sarcoglycan, gamma (35kD dystrophin-associated glycoprotein); gamma sarcoglycan; 35kD dystrophin-associated glycoprotein
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Mam
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Gallo-Roman Muse (1979)
Aspects of Roman Literary Tradition in Sixteenth-Century France by Dorothy Gabe Coleman
For instance, the Propertius elegy expected the reader himself to do the work of experiencing: for example the phrase adtnota mam refers to the action of the hand, whether it is mobile, static, dynamically hovering or even roving - it called for an ...
The Hippocampus Book (2006)
by Per Andersen, Richard Morris, David Amaral, Tim Bliss, John O'Keefe
MAM is a nonspecific antimitotic agent ( sometimes used for chemotherapy). Impairment of hippocampusdependent.
A New Puzzle to Solve by Gary Olson
There are new technologies for production, MAM is a common place acronym and applications and network are part of our normal lexicon. The IP- and file- based media technologies are the core foundation to the new lifecycle of media.
Illyrian Letters (2013)
A Revised Selection of Correspondence from the Illyrian Provinces of Bosnia, Herzegovina, Montenegro, Albania, Dalmatia, Croatia and Slavonia, Addressed to the Manchester Guardian During 1877 by Arthur John Evans
Diw'a'e et mam is the motto of the Turkish bureaucrat in Bosnia, who knows that if Greek, Latin, and Mahometan were to patch ...
Essential Pépin (2011)
More Than 700 All-Time Favorites from My Life in Food by Jacques Pépin
The more esoteric ingredients — star anise, rice sticks, and nuoc mam — are available in Asian markets and can be found in the Asian section of many supermarkets. Nuoc mam is the Vietnamese name for the thin, salty, brownish fermented ...
by Edward Horace Man
chioi kihto ok- laka-lah nd'e a' mam • • mang-hala. . ke-it . . maia'l ok .. hat-lu kame-hon . . hiyoh o-di ...
A Pronouncing Gazetteer and Geographical Dictionary of the Philippine Islands, United States of America, with Maps, Charts and Illustrations (1902)
Also the Law of the Civil Government in the Philippine Islands Passed by Congress and Approved by the President July 1, 1902, with a Complete Index by United States. Bureau of Insular Affairs, De Benneville Randolph Keim
HAMBAGI (mam-bah'-hee), ver.; town on E. coast of Cebu, mid-distance between Dala- guetcand Boljo-on. MAXBAHEKAtjHAN (mam -bah - hay- nah-oo'- hahn), ver.; outlying island in 8W. corner of Sulu Sea, 29 m. 8. of Cagayan Sulu, and ...
by John Anthony McGuckin
mam—em. MONICA. M. WHITE. Hagiography is a diverse body of devotional literature connected with the cults of saints. Although its content is usually biographical, hagiography can take almost any form - prose or poetry, extended stories or ...
by George Watt
mam/an. 2111/0. [magma ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Mam
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Mam
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Camera phone upload powered by ShoZu
Photo credit: Banalities
Photo credit: gustavo.toshiaki
- Camera phone upload powered by ShoZu
Photo credit: Banalities
Rio de Janeiro
Photo credit: SheilaTostes
Photo credit: dwhartwig
Photo credit: Ben-jamin
Photo credit: antoniochequer
Modern Art Museum - Rio de janeiro - Brasil
Photo credit: marcusrg - If you fav, please, be kind and comment
Photo credit: Jim Bauer
Rio de Janeiro
Photo credit: SheilaTostes
- Madam Mam's Ceiling
Upside down umbrellas!
Photo credit: jeffk
- MAM Rio
Photo credit: Vitorio Benedetti
- Loch Duich from Mam Ratagan
Looking across towards Beinn Fhada and Dorusduain Wood, with Glen Shiel out of the frame to the right. This from the Old Military Road that runs from Ratagan across to Glenelg.
Photo credit: OliverC999
View more pictures about Mam Tor.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Mam
Click on an item to play that video:
- Johnny Lo - Mam Vwm Explanation - Dedicated Original to Maa Vue
Mam Vam Written & Composed by Johnny Lo Dedicated to the spectacular Maa Vue [ ] - the brackets indicate actual original song titles of Maa Vue's songs.
- Mam Meaning
Video shows what mam means. Diminutive of mother.. Mam Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say mam. Powered by MaryTTS ...
- Mam'selle Meaning
Video shows what Mam'selle means. Shortened form of Mademoiselle. Mam'selle Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say ...
- Ang explanation ko dyan mam "Maynard's Review paper"
- Words of Life MAM: TODOS SANTOS People/Language Movie Trailer
This is: Words of Life MAM: TODOS SANTOS People/Language Movie Trailer c14141 [c14141t] Other names for this language are: Mam de Todos Santos ...
- Words of Life MAM, HUEHUETENANGO People/Language Movie Trailer
This is: Words of Life MAM, HUEHUETENANGO People/Language Movie Trailer c04181 [c04181t] Other names for this language are: Huehuetenango, ...
- Words of Life MAM: Maya-Tektiteko People/Language Movie Trailer
This is: Words of Life MAM: Maya-Tektiteko People/Language Movie Trailer c26740 [c26740t] Other names for this language are: Mam: Tectitan, Maya-Tektiteko, ...
- Words of Life MAM, COMITANCILLO People/Language Movie Trailer
This is: Words of Life MAM, COMITANCILLO People/Language Movie Trailer c26720 [c26720t] Other names for this language are: Comitancillo Mam, Mam, ...
- Words of Life MAM, OSTUNCALCO People/Language Movie Trailer
This is: Words of Life MAM, OSTUNCALCO People/Language Movie Trailer c04511 [c04511t] Other names for this language are: Mam, Mam: Ostuncalco, Mam ...
- #1 - qTaz vs Wonsy mam - 1 Mecz ESL 2on2 (12.01.2015r.)
- Remy noun vs Oro mam
- Words of Life MAM, TAJUMULCO People/Language Movie Trailer
This is: Words of Life MAM, TAJUMULCO People/Language Movie Trailer c26711 [c26711t] Other names for this language are: Mam, Tajumulco, Tajumulco This ...
View more videos about Nuoc Mam.
See also the pronunciation examples of Mam!
Quotes about Mam
Scrabble value of M3A1M3
The value of this 3-letter word is 7 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of MAM
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Mam!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Mam to see it in context!