Manor appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Now in a manor, is navel bat cider part lunacy?… can ultra-predictable vans iron a man I won?
- "Enola won’t lock radar on a mare!" vowed Emil now, as I saw on lime dew over a manor a dark colt, now alone.
- A man, a plan, a caret, a ban, a myriad, a sum, a lac, a liar, a hoop, a pint, a catalpa, a gas, an oil, a bird, a yell, a vat, a caw, a pax, a wag, a tax, a nay, a ram, a cap, a yam, a gay, a tsar, a wall, a car, a luger, a ward, a bin, a woman, a vassal, a wolf, a tuna, a nit, a pall, a fret, a watt, a bay, a daub, a tan, a cab, a datum, a gall, a hat, a fag, a zap, a say, a jaw, a lay, a wet, a gallop, a tug, a trot, a trap, a tram, a torr, a caper, a top, a tonk, a toll, a ball, a fair, a sax, a minim, a tenor, a bass, a passer, a capital, a rut, an amen, a ted, a cabal, a tang, a sun, an ass, a maw, a sag, a jam, a dam, a sub, a salt, an axon, a sail, an ad, a wadi, a radian, a room, a rood, a rip, a tad, a pariah, a revel, a reel, a reed, a pool, a plug, a pin, a peek, a parabola, a dog, a pat, a cud, a nu, a fan, a pal, a rum, a nod, an eta, a lag, an eel, a batik, a mug, a mot, a nap, a maxim, a mood, a leek, a grub, a gob, a gel, a drab, a citadel, a total, a cedar, a tap, a gag, a rat, a manor, a bar, a gal, a cola, a pap, a yaw, a tab, a raj, a gab, a nag, a pagan, a bag, a jar, a bat, a way, a papa, a local, a gar, a baron, a mat, a rag, a gap, a tar, a decal, a tot, a led, a tic, a bard, a leg, a bog, a burg, a keel, a doom, a mix, a map, an atom, a gum, a kit, a baleen, a gala, a ten, a don, a mural, a pan, a faun, a ducat, a pagoda, a lob, a rap, a keep, a nip, a gulp, a loop, a deer, a leer, a lever, a hair, a pad, a tapir, a door, a moor, an aid, a raid, a wad, an alias, an ox, an atlas, a bus, a madam, a jag, a saw, a mass, an anus, a gnat, a lab, a cadet, an em, a natural, a tip, a caress, a pass, a baronet, a minimax, a sari, a fall, a ballot, a knot, a pot, a rep, a carrot, a mart, a part, a tort, a gut, a poll, a gateway, a law, a jay, a sap, a zag, a fat, a hall, a gamut, a dab, a can, a tabu, a day, a batt, a waterfall, a patina, a nut, a flow, a lass, a van, a mow, a nib, a draw, a regular, a call, a war, a stay, a gam, a yap, a cam, a ray, an ax, a tag, a wax, a paw, a cat, a valley, a drib, a lion, a saga, a plat, a catnip, a pooh, a rail, a calamus, a dairyman, a bater, a canal - Panama!
On this page:
- Definition of the noun manor
- Phrases with Manor
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Manor
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Manor
- Photos about Manor
- Videos about Manor
- Sign language
- Quotes about Manor
- Scrabble value of M3A1N1O1R1
- Anagrams of MANOR
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun manor
What does manor mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: manors
- the mansion of a lord or wealthy person
- the landed estate of a lord (including the house on it)
Alternative definition of the noun manor
- A landed estate.
- The main house of such an estate or a similar residence; a mansion.
- A district over which a feudal lord could exercise certain rights and privileges in medieval western Europe.
- The lord's residence and seat of control in such a district.
- [UK, slang] Any home area or territory in which authority is exercised, often in a police or criminal context.
- Manor is a city in Travis County, Texas, United States. Manor is located 12 miles northeast of Austin and is part of the Austin-Round Rock metropolitan area. The population was 5,037 at the 2010 census. Manor is one of the faster-growing suburbs of Austin. Manor has been the location for a number of movies, notably What's Eating Gilbert Grape starring Johnny Depp. The story centered on an autistic boy, played by Leonardo DiCaprio, who regularly disrupted the town’s tranquility by climbing Manor’s old water tower. The tank, although no longer used, remains a landmark in the downtown district.
- Manor is a borough in Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 3,239 at the 2010 census.
- Manor is a census town in Palghar district in the Indian state of Maharashtra. It is located on the Mumbai-Ahmedabad National Highway and also connects with Nashik via the Manor-Wada Road.
- Manor is a village in the Canadian province of Saskatchewan. The Manor Museum is a Municipal Heritage Property on the Canadian Register of Historic Places.
- Manor is an unincorporated community in Ware County, Georgia, United States. It lies southwest of Waycross on U.S. Route 84. The community is part of the Waycross Micropolitan Statistical Area.
- Manor is a former unincorporated community now incorporated in Fairfax in Marin County, California. It lies at an elevation of 157 feet. The community is in ZIP code 94930 and area code 415.
There are other places with in their name, like Lee Manor, Cain Manor, Cato Manor, Golf Manor, Hyde Manor, King Manor, Manor Farm, Manor Hill, Manor Park, Park Manor, Pine Manor, Rock Manor, West Manor, Aston Manor, Iford Manor, Kings Manor, Manor Creek, Manor house, Manor Woods.
Phrases with Manor
Phrases starting with the word Manor:
Phrases ending with the word Manor:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Manor
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Last Asylum (2015)
A Memoir of Madness in Our Times by Barbara Taylor
Today the Manor is a celebrity address, home to a bevy of pop singers, TV entertainers and football stars–the 'bling brigade' as one...
by Julia Roles
Conveniently located in downtown Barrie, close to the waterfront, Richmond Manor is a Georgian- style home that was built in 1911 and stands impressively on its large comer lot. Parking is at the back so guests often enter through the back ...
by Mac Griswold
Mac Griswold's The Manor is the biography of a uniquely American place that has endured through wars great and small, through fortunes won and lost, through histories bright and sinister—and of the family that has lived there since its ...
Staffordshire General & Commercial Directory, Presenting an Alphabetical Arrangement of the Names and Residences of the Nobility, Gentry, Merchants, and Inhabitants in General (1818)
To which is Added, an Abbreviated History of the Principal Towns and Villages of the County ...
The manor is the property of Lord Talbot, ...
Including Its Agriculture, Mines and Manufactures. Memoirs of Eminent Natives; Statistical Tables; and Every Species of Information Connected with the Local History of the County. With a Succinct Account of the Rise and Progress of the Staffordshire Potteries by William Pitt
The manor is the property of Lord Talbot, and the land fertile, being a good loamy soil, onr a marl bottom, and well adapted to ...
The Elephant's Blessing by Aline Dobbie
The Windsor Manor is a charming hotel in that the swimming pool area is gracious and the hotel itself has wonderful internal architecture and gives a great feeling of space and light. Moreover, the hotel has a 'ladies only' floor which is nice for ...
There is Room at the Inn (2006)
Inns and B&Bs for Wheelers and Slow Walkers by Candy B Harrington
Giraffe Manor is the accessible tent, and as the name implies it is decorated in a giraffe motif. Accessible parking is available in a ...
TERMS OF INNOCENCE (2014)
by Gerald H Thornhill
The Manor is a three storey big rambling place with corner turrets and greenish coloured domes, acres of wooded grounds and its own beach. It stands on the corner of the River Deben's estuary and the sea. After a few minutes the side of the ...
Historic books etc on garden design and landscape architecture by Tom Turner
Buscot Park, Castle Drogo, Charleston Farmhouse, Chartwell, Chastleton House, Coleton Fishacre Garden, Coton Manor Gardens, Cottesbrooke Hall, Cranborne Manor Gardens, Crathes Castle Garden, Dartington Hall, Dunham Massey, ...
Lexicon Devil (2002)
The Fast Times and Short Life of Darby Crash and the Germs by Brendan Mullen, Don Bolles, Adam Parfrey
MANOR. MARK STERN We had this big house in Hollywood, nicknamed Skinhead Manor, and that became the focal point for meeting people. We moved in during the fall of '79...
Comprising the Twofold Advantage of a Philosophical and an Alphabetical Arrangement, with Appropriate Engravings by Edward Smedley, Hugh James Rose, Henry John Rose
MANOR, services, whether the same were military or of any other ' description, into a fixed money payment. In the reign of Charles II. the military tenures were altogether abolished and converted into common socage. By tin's last measure the ...
Defining and Interpreting the Terms Or Words of Art, and Comrising Also Copious Information on the Subjects of Trade and Government by Thomas Edlyne Tomlins
MANOR, [manerium,] Seems to be derived of the Fr. manoir, habitatio, or rather from manendo, of abiding there, because the Lord did usually reside there. It is called ma- nerium, quasi manurium, because it is laboured by handy- work : it is a ...
A Law Dictionary Containing Definitions of the Terms and Phrases of American and English Jurisprudence, Ancient and Modern ... (1995)
by Henry Campbell Black
MANDATORY MANOR the statute absolutely void; 11 the provision Is such that disregard of It will constitute an Irregularity, but one not necessarily fatal, it Is said to be directory. So, the mandatory part of a writ is that which commands the ...
Dictionary of Homonyms (2007)
by David Rothwell
A manor in medieval times was a unit of fields, woodland, cottages and castle or stately house, all of which were under...
Since 1924, 'manor' has been slang for the area in which a police officer works. mantle A mantle is always a covering for ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Manor
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Manor
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Manor
Click on an item to play that video:
- Manor Meaning
Video shows what manor means. A landed estate.. The main house of such an estate or a similar residence; a mansion.. A district over which a feudal lord could ...
- Grisly Manor Clock puzzle solved! Detailed explanation
- Grisly Manor Fireplace Birds puzzle solved! Detailed explanation
- Manor Courses English Language School
- Manor Courses English Language School - English
- Speech-Language Pathology at Court House Manor
- Manor Courses English Language School - Welfare
- Manor Courses English Language School - Excursions
- Activities - Manor Courses English Language School
- English - Manor Courses English Language School
See also the pronunciation examples of Manor!
Mill Neck Manor offers sign language class to families.
School Superintendent Fran Bogdanoff describes on video a new program offering sign language tutoring to families and caregivers of deaf students.
Quotes about Manor
A thug overhears, shrugs,
'What's in this for me? '
A prig overhears, swears,
'I'll tell all, I will'.
A lady, to the manor born, says
'But, darling, why say anything at all? ' (Morgan Michaels)
more quotes about manor...
Scrabble value of M3A1N1O1R1
The value of this 5-letter word is 7 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of MANOR
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Manor!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Manor to see it in context!