On this page:
- Mark Whitaker was Executive Vice President and managing editor for CNN Worldwide, until he resigned on January 29, 2013. He was previously Senior Vice President and Washington Bureau Chief for NBC News, succeeding Tim Russert after his fatal heart attack in June 2008. He oversees all Washington-based reporting and production for NBC and MSNBC, has executive responsibility for "Meet the Press" and supervises the network's election and political coverage, in addition to appearing as an on-air analyst. Before moving to Washington, he served as chief deputy to NBC News President Steve Capus in New York.
- born on (58 years ago) in Lower Merion Township
- ethnicity: African American
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Editor, journalist
- written work: "Cosby: His Life and Times"
- nomination: - nominated to News & Documentary Emmy Award for Outstanding Live Coverage of a Current News Story – Long Form - "NBC News Decision 2010" (Election Night), with Brian Williams, Tom Brokaw, David Gregory, Savannah Guthrie, Andrea Mitchell, Ron Allen, Miguel Almaguer, Peter Alexander, Tom Costello, Lee Cowan, Jose Diaz-Balart, Lester Holt, George Lewis, Ron Mott, Kelly O'Donnell, Norah O'Donnell, Luke Russert, Janet Shamlian, Kevin Tibbles, Chuck Todd, Kristen Welker, Pete Williams, John Yang, Jeffrey Blount, Jim Gaines, Ray Herbert, Geoff Hoffmann, Stephen Lucas, Mark Lukasiewicz, Doug Adams, Rosanna Arlia, Erika Angulo, Donna Bass, Anne Binford Allen, Jay Blackman, John Boxley, Peter Breen, Marisa Buchanan, Gene Choo, Patrick Burkey, Tony Capra, Martha Caskey, Jack Chesnutt, Chris Colvin, Kim Cornett, Natalie Cucchiara, Andrea D'Ambrosio, Subrata De, Chris Donovan & Carol Eggers
- Mark Whitaker: Mark Robin Whitaker is a former English cricketer. Whitaker was a right-handed batsman who bowled right-arm fast-medium. He was born in Walton-on-Thames, Surrey.
- Mark Whitaker is a San Francisco Bay Area-based music producer who was the manager of Exodus and sound engineer of Metallica in the 1980s. Whitaker acted as a producer on Exodus’ debut album Bonded by Blood and partly on their second effort Pleasures of the Flesh. He managed former Exodus guitarist Kirk Hammett to Metallica in 1983. Whitaker was one of the key persons in the emerging Bay Area thrash metal scene in the 1980s.
- also known as Уитакер, Марк
- profession: Record producer
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Mark Whitaker
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Landry R. Holmes, Judy H. Latham
Latham Stylist: Helen Owens Art Director: Greg Pope Cover Design: Diana Lawrence and Mark Whitaker Design Team: Doug Powell and Jeremy Cornelius Associate Editor: ...
Encyclopedia of Journalism (2009)
by Christopher H. Sterling
Publisher, New York Times Rone Tempest Staff Writer, Los Angeles Times David Westin President, ABC News Mark Whitaker Editor, Newsweek Carnegie Corporation of New York.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Mark Whitaker
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Mark Whitaker to see it in context!