Mart appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- A man, a plan, a caret, a ban, a myriad, a sum, a lac, a liar, a hoop, a pint, a catalpa, a gas, an oil, a bird, a yell, a vat, a caw, a pax, a wag, a tax, a nay, a ram, a cap, a yam, a gay, a tsar, a wall, a car, a luger, a ward, a bin, a woman, a vassal, a wolf, a tuna, a nit, a pall, a fret, a watt, a bay, a daub, a tan, a cab, a datum, a gall, a hat, a fag, a zap, a say, a jaw, a lay, a wet, a gallop, a tug, a trot, a trap, a tram, a torr, a caper, a top, a tonk, a toll, a ball, a fair, a sax, a minim, a tenor, a bass, a passer, a capital, a rut, an amen, a ted, a cabal, a tang, a sun, an ass, a maw, a sag, a jam, a dam, a sub, a salt, an axon, a sail, an ad, a wadi, a radian, a room, a rood, a rip, a tad, a pariah, a revel, a reel, a reed, a pool, a plug, a pin, a peek, a parabola, a dog, a pat, a cud, a nu, a fan, a pal, a rum, a nod, an eta, a lag, an eel, a batik, a mug, a mot, a nap, a maxim, a mood, a leek, a grub, a gob, a gel, a drab, a citadel, a total, a cedar, a tap, a gag, a rat, a manor, a bar, a gal, a cola, a pap, a yaw, a tab, a raj, a gab, a nag, a pagan, a bag, a jar, a bat, a way, a papa, a local, a gar, a baron, a mat, a rag, a gap, a tar, a decal, a tot, a led, a tic, a bard, a leg, a bog, a burg, a keel, a doom, a mix, a map, an atom, a gum, a kit, a baleen, a gala, a ten, a don, a mural, a pan, a faun, a ducat, a pagoda, a lob, a rap, a keep, a nip, a gulp, a loop, a deer, a leer, a lever, a hair, a pad, a tapir, a door, a moor, an aid, a raid, a wad, an alias, an ox, an atlas, a bus, a madam, a jag, a saw, a mass, an anus, a gnat, a lab, a cadet, an em, a natural, a tip, a caress, a pass, a baronet, a minimax, a sari, a fall, a ballot, a knot, a pot, a rep, a carrot, a mart, a part, a tort, a gut, a poll, a gateway, a law, a jay, a sap, a zag, a fat, a hall, a gamut, a dab, a can, a tabu, a day, a batt, a waterfall, a patina, a nut, a flow, a lass, a van, a mow, a nib, a draw, a regular, a call, a war, a stay, a gam, a yap, a cam, a ray, an ax, a tag, a wax, a paw, a cat, a valley, a drib, a lion, a saga, a plat, a catnip, a pooh, a rail, a calamus, a dairyman, a bater, a canal - Panama!
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun mart:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun mart
- Phrases with Mart
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Mart
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Mart
- Photos about Mart
- Videos about Mart
- Quotes about Mart
- Scrabble value of M3A1R1T1
- Anagrams of MART
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun mart
What does mart mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: marts
- an area in a town where a public mercantile establishment is set up
- examples: All humans buy food at the mart. | The main streets of many small towns have been all but abandoned thanks, in large part, to behemoths like Wal-Mart. | The main streets of many villages have in fact been abandoned. The main reason is the advance of big stores like Wal-Mart.
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonyms of mart: market / market place / marketplace
- more generic terms: mercantile establishment / outlet / retail store / sales outlet = a place of business for retailing goods
- more specific terms:
- public square / agora = a place of assembly for the people in ancient Greece
- bazaar / bazar = a street of small shops
- grocery store / food market / grocery / market = a marketplace where groceries are sold
- open-air marketplace / open-air market / market square = a public marketplace where food and merchandise is sold
- slave market = a marketplace where slaves were auctioned off
- agora = the marketplace in ancient Greece
Alternative definition of the noun mart
- A market.
- [obsolete] A bargain.
- 'Mart' — The god Mars.
- [obsolete] Battle; contest.
Mart is a city in Limestone and McLennan counties in the U.S. state of Texas. The population was 2,426 at the 2010 census.
- Mart a.k.a. Martin Gore: Martin Lee Gore is an English songwriter, singer, guitarist and keyboardist, and also producer, remixer and DJ. He is a founding member of Depeche Mode and has written the majority of their songs. His work now spans over three decades. Gore's best-known compositions include hits such as "Personal Jesus", "Enjoy the Silence", "I Feel You", "People Are People", "Everything Counts", "Shake the Disease" and "Never Let Me Down Again".
- read more about Martin Gore
- Mart a.k.a. Mart Hällgren is a musician, musical artist, composer.
- read more about Mart Hällgren (musical artist)
- Mart a.k.a. Mart Soer is a musical artist.
- read more about Mart Soer
- Mart a.k.a. Captain Smart is a fictional character from the 2007 Thai sitcom Pu Kong Jao Sanae.
- read more about Captain Smart
- Mart is a fictional character from the 1952 Emergency Landing film.
- Mart is a fictional character from the 1994 film Firewater.
- Mart a.k.a. Märt is a fictional character from the 1928 film Die Heilige und ihr Narr.
"Mart" a.k.a. "March" is a 1986 short film and directed by Stojan Dukov.
- read more about March
- Mart is a local broadcasting station in Amsterdam. Founded by people from Suriname, it was originally focused on the Surinamese community in Amsterdam, but is now broadening its horizons to other ethnic minorities. It is a non-profit organisation, run by volunteers and unemployed and funded by donors, sponsors and advertisements.
- Mart a.k.a. Marquesas Islands Time Zone is a time zone.
Phrases with Mart
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Mart
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Z. Turk, R. Scherer
Data Mart Data mart is a application technology for mass data that have been stored, which provides composite and essential information by...
To be concrete, data mart is a middle layer that is between data warehouse and end- user.
by Duane E. Sharp
A data mart is a subject-oriented or department-oriented data warehouse.
Blissful Data (2004)
Wisdom and Strategies for Providing Meaningful, Useful, and Accessible Data for All Employees by Margaret Y. Chu
A Data Mart Is a Small Data Warehouse FALLACY. Actually, this is another tough one. A data mart is a type of data warehouse and is typically smaller than that other type of data warehouse, the enterprise data warehouse (EDW). However ...
by Carol V. Brown, Heikki Topi
A data mart is a subject-oriented or department-oriented data warehouse. It is a scaled-down version of a data warehouse that focuses on the local needs of a specific department such as finance or sales. A data mart contains a subset of the ...
Data Mining Techniques (2004)
For Marketing, Sales, and Customer Relationship Management by Michael J. A. Berry, Gordon S. Linoff
A data mart is a specialized system that brings together the data needed for a department or related applications.
Taking Business Intelligence Beyond Reporting by Gert Laursen, Jesper Thorlund
A data mart is a specialized version of a data warehouse. Like a data warehouse, a data mart is a snapshot of operational data to help business users make decisions or make strategic analyses (e.g., based on historical trends). The difference ...
Trust in Cyber-societies (2001)
Integrating the Human and Artificial Perspectives by Rino Falcone, Munindar Singh, Yao-Hua Tan
For example, Wal- Mart is an instance of merchant, and Jim is an instance of customer. The “ISA” construct expresses conceptual generalization/ specialization. For example, a ...
by Richard Allsopp, Jeannette Allsopp
RED-NECKED PIGEON SAPODILLA Mart); SP. mangle Colorado m. (Cuba, PtRi, StDo), mangle rojo m. (Cuba, Vcnz) red-neck ed pi-geon « phr (Jmca) Columba squamosa (Colitmbidae); FR. ramier cou-rouge m. (Guad, Mart); SP. patoma ...
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms, Synonyms, and Etymology (5 Volume Set) by Umberto Quattrocchi
africana Hauman; Bucholzia maritima Mart. ; Telanthera maritima (Mart.) Moq.) Senegal, Angola. Herb, creeping, halophyte, fleshy, stoloniferous, angular stems rooting at the nodes, flowers white, fruit an ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Mart
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Mart
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: gagilas
Photo credit: Pperinik
MART 130 Middle Park
A great place to chillax for brunch
Photo credit: jonolist
Photo credit: paPisc
107A Canterbury Road, Middle Park
Photo credit: jonolist
Photo credit: Pperinik
Cell phone picture shared from Dashwire
Photo credit: zaniele
Mart - Rovereto
Photo credit: paPisc
- Merchandise Mart
Photo credit: Kim Scarborough
- Mart Bridge
Photo credit: Pperinik
- Merchandise Mart - Chicago
love the Nikon VR lens
Photo credit: LongitudeLatitude
- Merchandise Mart, Chicago
Photo credit: danxoneil
View more pictures about Family Mart.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Mart
Click on an item to play that video:
- Mart Meaning
Video shows what mart means. A market.. A bargain.. mart pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary dictionary. mart meaning. Powered by ...
- 14.08.2012 HC La Chaux-de-Fonds -- HC Red Ice Mart.-Verb.-Entr. (3-2) AP
- Birds of Wal Mart (graphic language)
October 18, 2015 at the Del City, Oklahoma Wal Mart (S.E. 15th and Sooner) at roughly 7 pm. Birds (grackles believe they're called) on the buildings, in a cell ...
- Language School in the mart
Photo(20pic) 2min slideshow with netsound and interview.
- Holiday Mart 2011 - General Description
See also the pronunciation examples of Mart!
Quotes about Mart
There will always be dissident voices heard in the land expresing opposition without alternatives, finding fault but never favor, perceiving gloom on every side, and seeking influence without responsibility. (John F. Kennedy)
more quotes about mart...
Scrabble value of M3A1R1T1
The value of this 4-letter word is 6 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of MART
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Mart!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Mart to see it in context!