On this page:
- Definition of the noun martini
- Phrases with Martini
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Martini
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Martini
- Photos about Martini
- Video language resources about Martini
- Sign language
- Quotes about Martini
- Scrabble value of M3A1R1T1I1N1I1
- Anagrams of MARTINI
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun martini
What does martini mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: martinis
- a cocktail made of gin (or vodka) with dry vermouth
- examples: A vodka martini, please. | I can't remember the last time I had a martini. | I want a martini. | Tom polished off his martini and put the glass on the waiter's tray.
- lexical domain: Foods & Drinks - nouns denoting foods and drinks
- more generic word: cocktail = a short mixed drink
- more specific term: vodka martini = martini made with vodka rather than gin
- substance: gin = strong liquor flavored with juniper berries
Alternative definition of the noun martini
- a cocktail made with gin or vodka and vermouth
- [proscribed] any cocktail served in a [w, cocktail glass] often sweet or fruity and aimed at women.
The Martini is a cocktail made with gin and vermouth, and garnished with an olive or a lemon twist. Over the years, the Martini has become one of the best-known mixed alcoholic beverages. H. L. Mencken called the Martini "the only American invention as perfect as the sonnet" and E. B. White called it "the elixir of quietude".
- also known as 乾馬丁尼
"Martini" is a book by Arturo Martini.
"MARTINI" is a musical album of Masayuki Suzuki.
- released on (24 years ago)
Martini was a pioneer Swiss automobile manufacturer, in operation 1897 to 1934.
- Martini a.k.a. Giuseppe Sammartini: Giuseppe Baldassare Sammartini was an Italian composer and oboist during the late Baroque and early Classical era. Although he was from Milan, most of his professional life was spent in London and with Frederick, the Prince of Wales.
- read more about Giuseppe Sammartini (composer)
- Martini a.k.a. Derick Martini: Derick Patrick Martini is an American screenwriter and film director.
- read more about Derick Martini
- Martini a.k.a. Otto Martini was a cinematographer.
- read more about Otto Martini (cinematographer)
- Martini is a fictional character from the 1975 film One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
- Martini is a fictional character from the 1997 film A Doll in the Dark.
- Martini is a fictional character from the film The Gadfly.
- Martini is a fictional character from the 2003 film Under the Tuscan Sun.
- Martini is a fictional character from the 1911 film The Thumb Print.
- Martini is a fictional character from the 1977 film It Happened One Christmas.
- Martini is a fictional character from the 1999 film Olive, the Other Reindeer.
- Martini is a fictional character from the 1997 film The Relic.
- Martini is a fictional character from the 1976 film Dear Fatherland Be at Peace.
- Martini is a fictional film character.
Martini is the Jack Russell terrier owned by Kendra Wilkinson, of The Girls Next Door fame.
- Martini is a brand of Italian vermouth, named after the Martini & Rossi Distilleria Nazionale di Spirito di Vino, in Turin.
- official website: www.martini.com
- Martini a.k.a. Mārtiņi or Mārtiņdiena is the name of the festival in Latvia celebrated on November 10, marking the end of the fall and the beginning of winter. In ancient Latvia the festival marked the passage from Ūsiņš to Mārtiņš, two horse deities. Ūsiņš is invoked during the summer, while Mārtiņš is a winter god. The festival marked the end of the preparations for winter, such as salting meat and fish, storing the harvest and making preserves. Mārtiņi also marked the beginning of masquerading and sledding, among other winter activities. Nowadays, Mārtiņi is commemorated by young people and rural Latvians as a way to be connected with Latvian traditions.
- MARTINI is a coarse-grained force field developed by Marrink and coworkers at the University of Groningen, initially developed in 2004 for molecular dynamics simulation of lipids, later extended to various other molecules. The force field applies a mapping of four heavy atoms to one CG interaction site and is parametrized with the aim of reproducing thermodynamic properties.
Phrases with Martini
- Dry Martini
- Acer Martini
- Arca Martini
- Boea Martini
- Musa Martini
- Rosa Martini
- Trox Martini
- Usia Martini
- Acoma Martini
- Cueta Martini
- Delia Martini
- Lobus Martini
- Maesa Martini
- Nomia Martini
- Opius martini
- Tetra Martini
- Vicia Martini
- Vitis Martini
- vodka martini
- Zaria Martini
View more phrases with the word Martini in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Martini
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Guardian of Lies (2009)
A Paul Madriani Novel by Steve Martini
Martini is a very fine writer, period.
Steve Martini is the author of numerous New York Times bestsellers, including Shadow of Power, Double Tap, The Arraignment, The Jury, The Attorney, and others featuring defense attorney Paul Madriani.
The Last Temptation of Bond (2013)
by Kimmy Beach
Because let's face it, ladies, a Vesper Martini is a true work of art.
Saul Kripke (2014)
by G. W. Fitch
The woman over there drinking a martini is a famous philosopher. Suppose...
by C. Iten
Because the man drinking a martini is a famous philosopher, you should treat him with respect .
8 Laws of Business from One of the Most Innovative Business Leaders of Our Time by Robert A. Lutz
The dry martini is a uniquely American cocktail, and its translation into other cultures, especially in expensive and traditional establishments not daily frequented by Americans, is complicated by three factors. First, “Martini” is the name of a ...
365 Tips for Living a Full Life by Mims Cushing, Dr. Norman Latov, MD, PhD
Exercise physiologist Stephen Martini is a former member of President Kennedy's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports. For the past 40 years, this celebrity fitness trainer has worked with Hollywood's major motion picture stars such as ...
The Man's Manual (2008)
Poker Secrets, Beer Lore, Waitress Hypnosis, and Much, Much More! by Gregg Stebben
Now a cold martini is a hot item. Here's how to be the Bond of the bar: • Cold start. Keep your ingredients on ice or in a freezer until you're ready. One option: Mix your martini in a pitcher or large flower vase and chill the thing. • To make one ...
by Lee Child, Michael Connelly, John Sandford, Lisa Gardner, Dennis Lehane, Steve Berry, Jeffery Deaver, Douglas Preston, Lincoln Child, James Rollins, Joseph Finder, Steve Martini, Heather Graham, Ian Rankin, Linda Fairstein, M. J. Rose, R.L. Stine, Raymond Khoury, Linwood Barclay, John Lescroart, T. Jefferson Parker, F. Paul Wilson, Peter James
MARTINI is the author of numerous New York Times best-selling novels, including Shadow of Power, Double Tap, The List, The Judge, and Undue Influence, the last two of which were produced as network television miniseries on NBC and ...
by New and general biographical dictionary
" Martini Bracarensis episcopi Collectio Canonum Orientalium." This Doujat revised and corrected, for insertion in the " Bibl. Juris Canon ...
by Alexander Chalmers
Martini at Lubeck, in 1730, where the author attempts to assign the natural causes for the astonishing capacity of this great nian in embryo, who was just shewn to the world, and snatched ...
The Encyclopaedia Britannica, Or, A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, and Miscellaneous Literature (1823)
Martini, iii, t. 94. f. 908 and 10. - plumbeum 69. Subglobose, ponderous, glabrous, with a deep transverse groove near the base of the body whirl, and an obsolete one lower down, and ends in a projecting tooth on the pillar lip, which is thick; ...
Dictionary-catalogue of Operas and Operettas which Have Been Performed on the Public Stage: Libretti (1910)
("Martini. V.") Y Soler.
An Encyclopedia by Rachel Black
MARTINIS The martini is an iconic American cocktail. Its standard ingredients are gin and dry vermouth with an olive, lemon twist, or onion, served ice-cold. There are numerous variations, chiefly the vodka martini. It is distinct from the Italian ...
An A-Z of Alcoholic Beverages by Ned Halley
Martini, Louis Recipes have included progressively diminishing proportions of vermouth since the First World War. For a Dry Martini stir 4 parts dry gin and 1 dry vermouth over ice then strain and squeeze lemon peel over. For an Extra Dry ...
Comprising the History, Institutions and Antiquities of the Christian Church, from the Time of the Apostles to the Age of Charlemagne by Sir William Smith, Samuel Cheetham
Martini as the preparation for Christmas, corresponding to the Lenten Quadragesima before Easter.) It does not appear what were the canons appointed to ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Martini
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Martini
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: DmitryLaVallee
Photo credit: LHOON
Photo credit: lorda
Photo credit: _BuBBy_
The Adml Drunk
Photo credit: AdmlCrunch
Photo credit: ShawnHenning
Photo credit: fredcamino
Photo credit: Alex Butterfield
Day 74 of 365 13/06/09 once again this shot has some meaning, it signifies the end of a relationship yet the beginning of a friendship and a celebration of good times past, a bitter sweet celebration.
Photo credit: Identity [email protected]
Photo credit: Simone & Pino Berettoni
A Martini to be enjoyed
Photo credit: fitzsean
- Martini Glasses
Candy filled Martini glasses
Photo credit: A Train
- Chilled Martini
Photo credit: cogdogblog
- Martini Silhouette
Photo credit: Tom Hilton
- Martini Shadow
Photo credit: Tom Hilton
- Crisp martini
Photo credit: magerleagues
- Kumquat Martini
Posted via web from Ines yet again
Photo credit: miamism
- A warm Martini
Photo credit: Ken30684
- Jamestown Martini
Photo credit: Tom Hilton
- BSA Martini
Old gun, still accurate
Photo credit: Mortimer62
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Martini
Click on an item to play that video:
- Kebzer x Butter Churn "Definition" [Drum Martini EP]
All Music by Butter Churn Scratches by Kebzer Mixed by Kebzer Produced by Kebzer and Butter Churn Mastered by ALX @ 396-RainLab Taken from the Drum ...
- 30 Seconds To Mars- HIDDEN MEANING in Hurricane!- by Martini Beerman & Rock.com
30 Seconds To Mar's Tomo revels the hidden meaning of the note and the key in Hurricane !!
- Nico Martini's Self Branding Plan Explanation for ATEC 4370
- Tonight Show Kid Dictionary - Martini
- Tonight Show Kid Dictionary #martini
View more videos about Pink Martini.
See also the pronunciation examples of Martini!
Shira shaking a martini ( or saying more in sign language)
Quotes about Martini
Scrabble value of M3A1R1T1I1N1I1
The value of this 7-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of MARTINI
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Martini!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Martini to see it in context!