On this page:
- Definition of the noun marvel
- Definition of the verb marvel
- Phrases with Marvel
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Marvel
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Marvel
- Usage statistics about marvel
- Photos about Marvel
- Videos about Marvel
- Quotes about Marvel
- Scrabble value of M3A1R1V4E1L1
- Anagrams of MARVEL
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun marvel
What does marvel mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: marvels
- something that causes feelings of wonder
Alternative definition of the noun marvel
- That which causes wonder; a prodigy; a miracle.
- Surprise, astonishment.
Definition of the verb marvel
What does marvel mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: marvelled, marvelling
- be amazed at
- example: Sam and Sue marvel over the results of the experiment
Syntactic formula Example for the syntactic formula Verbs with the same syntax [Cause] [Verb] by [Experiencer] The beauty of the Grand Canyon has been marveled over by countless tourists Verbs of Psychological State: cheer, cringe, enthuse, exult, fume, gladden, madden, rage, rejoice, sadden, sicken, swoon, thrill, wonder [Experiencer - being] [Verb] I will suffer [Experiencer - being] [Verb] at [Cause] Megan marveled at the Grand Canyon [Cause] [Verb] by [Experiencer] The beauty of the Grand Canyon has been marveled over by countless tourists Verbs of Psychological State: agonize, anger, anguish, delight, enthuse, exult, fret, fume, gloat, grieve, gush, hallucinate, hunger, meditate, moon, mope, mourn, muse, obsess, puzzle, rage, rave, reflect, rejoice, rhapsodize, ruminate, salivate, seethe, sorrow, triumph, wonder, worry [Experiencer - being] [Verb] I will suffer [Experiencer - being] [Verb] over [Cause] I anguished over Aslan's pain
- lexical domain: Communication - verbs of telling, asking, ordering, singing
- synonym of marvel: wonder
- more generic words: react / respond = show a response or a reaction to something
- express astonishment or surprise about something
Alternative definition of the verb marvel
- To become filled with wonderment or admiration; to be amazed at something.
- Marvel is an unincorporated community and a U.S. Post Office located in La Plata County, Colorado, United States, on the Southern Ute Indian Reservation. While the town lies within the Reservation on most maps, the land within and around the town is owned by private landowners and the actual reservation only starts several miles to the South and East of Marvel. The area was homesteaded in the late-1800s and early-1900s with ranching, farming, and oil extraction being the main economic drivers in the region. The area around Marvel is very dry and the region becomes more and more arid as one travels towards the New Mexico border and further away from the La Plata mountains.
- Marvel a.k.a. Marvel, West Virginia: Marvel is an unincorporated community in Fayette County, West Virginia.
- read more about Marvel, West Virginia
Who is Marvel?
Marvel a.k.a. Marilyn Epstein is the widow of screenwriter/producer Joseph Stefano.
- read more about Marilyn Epstein
Marvel a.k.a. Märvel is a musical group.
- read more about Märvel
- The Marvel was an automobile built at 284-290 Rivard Street, Detroit, Michigan, United States, by the Marvel Motor Car Company in 1907. The Marvel was a two-seater runabout. It came equipped with a horizontal two-cylinder engine, with a planetary transmission and single chain drive.
- Marvel is a record label.
- Marvel was a make of automobile produced by Marvel Motor Car Company.
- some model: Marvel
- Marvel is a fictional character from the book and 2012 film Hunger Games.
- Marvel is a fictional film character.
- Marvel is a fictional film character.
- "Marvel" is the third full length release from the New Zealand Christian rock band The Lads. Following its release in 2001 it won "Gospel Album of the Year" at the 2002 New Zealand Music Awards.
- genre: Christian rock
- released in (14 years ago)
- "marvel" is a composition.
- music and lyrics by Susumu Hirasawa
- "Marvel" is a musical album of The Lemons.
- released in (22 years ago)
- "Marvel" is a musical album of Martin Rev.
- released in (18 years ago)
- Marvel is a 2009 and 2010 Shorty Award nominated Twitter microblog.
- Marvel is a United Kingdom brand of dried milk powder, now marketed by Premier Foods.
- Marvel is a cataloged instance, musical recording, canonical version.
Phrases with Marvel
Phrases starting with the word Marvel:
Phrases ending with the word Marvel:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Marvel
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Richard W. Barber
THE first marvel is the lake of Lumonoy...
The third marvel is a hot pool, which is in the country of the Hwicce [near Worcester] and is surrounded by a wall made of bricks and stone. Mengo into it to bathe at all times, ...
Meadows Of Gold (2013)
The second marvel is a worm which weighs between one and three mithqals.
The second marvel is the crane, which never rests on two legs at once, but stands first on one and then the other, and furthermore takes care not to press too hard ...
by Craig Bartholomew, Mary Healy, Karl Möller, Robin Parry
The marvel is that God invites us to join in.
by Andrew Lang
The marvel is that the same serene certainty of art broods over even the stanzas which must have been conceived while the sorrow was fresh. The second piece, "Old yew, which graspest at the stones," must have been composed soon after ...
Free Your True Self from Custody,and Guard Your Kids by Peter K. Gerlach, MSW
The further marvel is that you're digesting, breathing, listening, tasting, hearing, feeling, imaging, blinking, fighting off germs, cellularly dividing, pumping and filtering blood, producing and monitoring hormones—all at the same time you're ...
The Morality of Marriage (2010)
And Other Essays on the Status and Destiny of Woman by Mona Caird
The marvel is that any creature born of woman can ...
Mystic London (2013)
by Charles M. Davies
The only marvel is that there was no agitation for feminine curates. Then came reaction again. It was discovered that woman could be educated without becoming a bluestocking, and practical without wearing bloomers or going in for the ...
Treatment of Pressure Ulcers (1994)
by Nancy Bergstrom
Marvel is a member of the board of directors of the New Jersey National League for Nursing; the gerontology advisory council of Rutgers University School of Social Work, Continuing Education Program; and the advisory board of the ...
Supernatural and Science Fiction Elements in Novels, Pulps, Comics, Films, Television and Games, 2d ed. by Paul Green
The Masked Marvel [Comic book character; WW] First publication: Gunsmoke—Blazing Stories of the West #1 (April-May 1949); Publisher: Western Comics ...
by Kenneth J. Blume
MARVEL SHIPBUILDING CO. company, operated vessels flying the British flag because of the higher expense of operating under U.S. registry. In the 20th century the firm returned to its core business of stevedoring.
Finnish-English dictionary (1916)
by Karl Vilhelm Arminen, Eetu Aaltio
wonder, marvel, miracle, prodigy; (- toko) ...
Who Reside in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Cape Breton and Newfoundland by Silas Tertius Rand
by Matthew R. Marvel
Marvel. M. Links Between Market Evaluation and Successful Commercialization of an Idea. MANAGEMENT. INFORMATION. SYSTEMS. Management information systems (MIS) existed in organizations well before computers and ...
by M. Keith Booker
Even though DC has generally trailed Marvel Comics as the largest publisher of comic ...
A Botanical Dictionary (1805)
Or, Elements of Systematic and Philosophical Botany by Colin Milne
In the following list it is placed upon the filaments : bean caps;-, bay, fraxinella, marvel of Peru, bell-flower, lead-wort, roc'l/a, and commelinu. VI. In hyacinth, flowering rush, stock July-flower, and rocket, the neclarium is placed upon the ...
by John Kenneth Muir
On one day, diffident teenager Billy Batson encountered a sorcerer who revealed to him the secret of transforming into a full-blown, adult superhero called Captain Marvel. All the boy had to do was utter the strange (and now famous) word ...
by Phil Jimenez, John Wells
$848, July August '95l CAPTAIN MARVEL A A red~whlte—and-gold-costumed super hero who was granted the DOWErs of a confederatron of Greek and Roman gods and legendary mortals by ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Marvel
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Usage statistics about marvel
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English from the later part of the 20th century, both spoken and written.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun marvel:
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the verb marvel:
Photos about Marvel
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about Marvel Comics.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Marvel
Click on an item to play that video:
- Marvel Meaning
Video shows what marvel means. That which causes wonder; a prodigy; a miracle.. Wonder, astonishment.. marvel pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition ...
- The Marvel Explanation
Joey explains all of Marvel to his big sister in hope that she'll leave him alone to read...
- Deadpool #9: Behind the Scenes Explanation About Sharks - Marvel AR
SPOILER ALERT! This video contains spoilers for Deadpool comic book series! Associate Editor Jordan D. White explains the behind the scenes special effects ...
- Iron Man 3 Trailer - Official Marvel HD Definition
- Marvel Toys - Ebay Description 03-04-09
- Marvel Legends - Ebay Description 03-04-09
- Marvel Legends Series III: Ebay Description 02-25-09
This is a video description for the ebay auctions of the Marvel Legends Series III.
- Marvel Legends MODOK Wave - Description 03-13-09
- Marvel Legends Superhero Showdown: Ebay description 02-25-09
- Emma Marvel: Intro to ESL Instruction
View more videos about Marvel Comics.
See also the pronunciation examples of Marvel!
Quotes about Marvel
Scrabble value of M3A1R1V4E1L1
The value of this 6-letter word is 11 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of MARVEL
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Marvel!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Marvel to see it in context!