On this page:
- Masha a.k.a. Maria Sharapova: Maria Yuryevna Sharapova is a Russian professional tennis player who as of October 6, 2014 is ranked world No. 2 by the Women's Tennis Association and is the top Russian player. A United States resident since 1994, Sharapova has won 33 WTA singles titles, including five Grand Slam singles titles. She has also won the year-end WTA Tour Championships in 2004. The WTA has ranked Sharapova world No. 1 in singles on five separate occasions, for a total of 21 weeks. She became the world No. 1 for the first time on August 22, 2005, and last held the ranking for the fifth time for four weeks from June 11, 2012 to July 8, 2012. She has been in nine Grand Slam finals with a record of 5–4 with her most recent Grand Slam coming at the 2014 French Open where she won her second French Open title and fifth Grand Slam title overall.
- read more about Maria Sharapova
- Masha a.k.a. Maria Kirilenko: Maria Yuryevna Kirilenko is a Russian tennis player and model. Kirilenko won the 2002 U.S. Open Girls' Singles and won her first WTA Tour title in 2005, defeating Anna-Lena Grönefeld in the China Open. She has reached three Grand Slam singles quarterfinals, at the 2010 Australian Open the 2012 Wimbledon Championships and the 2013 French Open. In doubles, she has reached two Grand Slam doubles finals, at the 2011 Australian Open and the 2012 French Open, won the 2012 WTA Tour Championships and was a Bronze Medalist at the 2012 London Olympics. In June 2013, Kirilenko reached her career high ranking of World No. 10.
- read more about Maria Kirilenko
- Masha a.k.a. Maria Alyokhina: Maria Vladimirovna Alyokhina is a Russian political activist. She is a member of the anti-Putinist punk rock group Pussy Riot. On August 17, 2012, she was convicted of “hooliganism motivated by religious hatred” for a performance in Moscow’s Cathedral of Christ the Saviour and sentenced to two years' imprisonment. She has been recognized as a political prisoner by the Union of Solidarity with Political Prisoners. Amnesty International named her a prisoner of conscience due to "the severity of the response of the Russian authorities.
- read more about Maria Alyokhina
- Masha is a Latvian-born American pop/rock singer-songwriter signed to Claude Kelly's Carousel Records.
- also known as Masha Shirin
- born on (25 years ago) in Riga
- Masha a.k.a. Maria Sidorova: Maria Igorevna Sidorova is a Russian team handball player, playing on the Russian women's national handball team. She won gold medal with the Russian winning team in the 2007 World Women's Handball Championship. She played for 11 years in Lada Togliatti, before moving to Zvezda Zvenigorod in Summer 2012.
- read more about Maria Sidorova
- Masha a.k.a. Mariya Koroleva is an American synchronized swimmer. After emigrating to the United States, Koroleva began participating in synchronized swimming, and competed at Stanford University. She was a member of teams that won silver medals in the duet and team competitions at the 2011 Pan American Games in Guadalajara, Mexico. Together with teammate Mary Killman, Koroleva qualified for the 2012 Summer Olympics in London in the duet event.
- read more about Mariya Koroleva
- Masha a.k.a. Grand Duchess Maria Nikolaevna of Russia was the third daughter of Tsar Nicholas II of Russia and Tsarina Alexandra Fyodorovna. In 1900 and later, her birthday came on June 27 new style. Her murder following the Russian Revolution of 1917 resulted in her canonization as a passion bearer by the Russian Orthodox Church.
- read more about Grand Duchess Maria Nikolaevna of Russia
- Masha a.k.a. Maria Konchalovskaya is the daughter of Andrei Konchalovsky.
- read more about Maria Konchalovskaya
- Masha a.k.a. Maria Taktarova is the wife of Oleg Taktarov.
- read more about Maria Taktarova
- Masha is a fictional character from the 2012 film The Empty Home.
- Masha Mironova is a fictional character from the 1999 film The Captain's Daughter.
- Masha is a fictional character from the TV series Masha and the Bear.
- Masha is a fictional character from the 1974 film The Hand That Feeds the Dead.
- Masha is a fictional character from the 1962 film On the Steep Cliff.
- Masha is a fictional character from the TV Series Realnye patsany.
- Masha is a fictional character from the play The Seagull by Anton Chekhov.
- Masha is a fictional film character.
- Masha is a fictionlal character from the 2013 film The Geographer Drank His Globe Away.
- Masha a.k.a. Clara is a fictional character from the 1977 ballet The Nutcracker and its film adaptations, the 1979 film Nutcracker Fantasy and the 1990 film The Nutcracker Prince.
- read more about Clara
- Masha is a fictional character from the Japanese manga and anime series Tokyo Mew Mew.
- also known as R2000, Minimew, R-2000
- Masha is a fictional character from the 2004 film Shadows of Time.
- Masha a.k.a. Maria Sergeyevna Kulygina is a fictional character from the play Three Sisters written by Anton Chekhov.
- read more about Maria Sergeyevna Kulygina
- Masha is a fictional character from 2003 film Babusya.
- Masha is a fictional character in the 2009 film The Last Station.
- Masha is a fictional character from the 1962 film Ivan's Childhood.
- Masha is a fictional character from Vzlyot.
- Masha is a fictional character of 2009 film Tsar.
- Masha is a fictional character in the 2008 film +1.
- Masha is a fictional character from the 2013 film Stalingrad.
- Masha is a fiction character from 2006 film Euphoria.
- Masha is a fictional character from the 2012 Russian drama film The Daughter.
- Masha is a fictional character in the 2005 drama film Seven Invisible Men.
- Masha is a fictional character from the 2011 film Dva Dnya.
- Masha is a fictional character from Piter FM.
- Masha is a fictional character from the 2004 film Twilight.
- Masha is a fictional character from the 2007 film Zhizn vrasplokh.
- Masha is a fictional character from the 1982 film The King of Comedy.
- Masha is a fictional character from the 2013 film Dora.
- Masha is a fictional character from the 1999 film At Death's Door.
There are other characters with in their name, like Masha Allah.
"Masha" is a 2012 animated short film directed by Tatyana Kabaeva.
- country: Ukraine
- genre: Animation
- released in (4 years ago)
- Masha is a town in southwestern Ethiopia. Located in the Sheka Zone in the Southern Nations, Nationalities, and Peoples Region, this town has a latitude and longitude of 7°44′N 35°29′E / 7.733°N 35.483°E with an elevation of 2223 meters above sea level. Masha had been the administrative center of the Sheka Zone until 1996 when that Zone was combined with the Keffa Zone to create the Keficho Shekicho Zone, when it was demoted to the administrative center of only the Masha Anderacha woreda. When the two former Zones were re-created towards the end of 2000, Masha once again became the capital of the restored Sheko Zone.
- also known as Masha, Ethiopia
- Masha is one of the woredas in the Southern Nations, Nationalities and Peoples' Region of Ethiopia. Part of the Sheka Zone, Masha is bordered on the south by Anderacha, on the west and north by the Oromia Region, and on the east by the Keffa Zone. Towns in Masha include Masha. Masha was part of former Masha Anderacha woreda.
There are other places with in their name, like Sange-e-Masha.
Masha: A masha is a traditional Indian unit of mass, now standardized as 0.97 grams.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Masha
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Moroz krasnyĭ-nos (1886)
by Nikolaĭ Alekseevich Nekrasov
Masha is a diminutive of Maria or Maria (Mary). Other forms of this name, used in the poem, are : Mashutka and Mashuk. Grisha is a diminutive of Grigori (Gregory) . Grishukha, used later, is a diminutive of Grisha. 10 (Line 245) bread and salt ...
Volume 1 1861-1879 by Helena Petrovna Blavatsky
Masha is a pet name for Marya (or Mary), an unidentified person. 8. A newspaper whose Russian name is unidentified, but perhaps the Herald of Odessa. 9. No theater reviews by HPB have been ...
The Academy and Literature (1875)
king Masha is an event long expected with impatience by the learned world. A com» munication from M. Ganueau, in the Room Critique for September 11, informs us that the work is all but complete, and describes at length the process by ...
by Helaine Selin
MASHA'ALLAH Masha'allah ibn Athari was a Jewish ...
by Joseph Taylor (Major.)
huree men masha, Expresses a person of a changeable disposition. Tupish says : — Mizaj zurgur buche ka hum ne jo khoob dek,ha to hue tumasha, nu- heen hue yuk hal pur ...
Encyclopedia of Adolescence (2014)
by Roger J.R. Levesque
Email: masha ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Masha
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Masha
Click on an item to view that photo:
Videos about Masha
Click on an item to play that video:
View more videos about Masha Allah.
See also the pronunciation examples of Masha!
Quotes about Masha
Scrabble value of M3A1S1H4A1
The value of this 5-letter word is 10 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine