Definition of the noun mastigomycotina
What does mastigomycotina mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- fungi in which the spores and gametes are motile; in some systems placed in the Phycomycetes group with the Zygomycota
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- synonyms of Mastigomycotina: Mastigomycota / subdivision Mastigomycota / subdivision Mastigomycotina
- more generic word: division = taxonomic unit of plants corresponding to a phylum
- member of: division Eumycota / Eumycota = true fungi; eukaryotic heterotrophic walled organisms; distinguished from Myxomycota (funguslike slime molds): comprises subdivisions Mastigomycotina; Zygomycotina; Ascomycotina; Basidiomycotina
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Mastigomycotina
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Fungi and Allied Organisms (2005)
by P. D. Sharma
But the Mastigomycotina is a composite grouping, covering all fungi that form motile, flagellated spores-zoospores. Among others, it contains two important but unrelated classes, the Chytridiomycetes and Oomycetes, indeed the latter have ...
Encyclopedia of Pest Management (2002)
by David Pimentel, Ph.D.
Aquatic ecosystems are predominately associated with the lower fungi ( Mastigomycotina, Zygo- mycotina), probably because these produce motile spores. Entomopathogenic fungi may be exerting a high level of control in long- lasting ...
Encyclopedia of Entomology (2008)
by John L. Capinera
The phylum Chytridiomycota, once considered a member of the Mastigomycotina, is now included with the Oomycota in the kingdom Protoctista. Within the Chytridiomycetes, Coelomomyces (order = Blastocladiales) is the ...
Encyclopedia of Ecology and Environmental Management (2009)
Fungi may be classified into four major divisions: Mastigomycotina, Zygomycotina , Ascomycotina and Basidiomycotina (a fifth group, the rather heterogeneous Deuteromycotina or Fungi Imperfecti, comprises mainly Ascomycotina but its ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Mastigomycotina
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Scrabble value of M3A1S1T1I1G2O1M3Y4C3O1T1I1N1A1
The value of this 15-letter word is 25 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Mastigomycotina to find many related words and phrases!