Math appears in the following pangram (a sentence using every letter of the alphabet at least once):
- Fickle jinx bog dwarves spy math quiz. (31 letters)
On this page:
- Definition of the noun math
- Phrases with Math
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Math
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Math
- Photos about Math
- Video language resources about Math
- Quotes about Math
- Scrabble value of M3A1T1H4
- Anagrams of MATH
- Share this page
Math is sometimes a misspelling of maths.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun math
What does math mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: maths
- a science (or group of related sciences) dealing with the logic of quantity and shape and arrangement
- examples: Theoretically, I'm doing math. | Doing math is the only socially acceptable way to masturbate in public. | Math is like love - a simple idea, but it can get complicated. | Schools have tried to limit their use by not allowing them to be used in math classes, although they allow them in science lessons to save time. | Having studied English, I studied math. | We will have a math class tomorrow. | Paul prefers English to math. | Takeshi is making great progress with math. | There seem to be few people who can solve that math problem. | The math homework proved to be easier than I had expected.
- domain: science / scientific discipline
- lexical domain: Cognitive Processes - nouns denoting cognitive processes and contents
- synonyms of math: mathematics / maths
- more generic terms: science / scientific discipline = a particular branch of scientific knowledge
- more specific terms:
- pure mathematics = the branches of mathematics that study and develop the principles of mathematics for their own sake rather than for their immediate usefulness
- applied mathematics / applied math = the branches of mathematics that are involved in the study of the physical or biological or sociological world
Alternative definition of the noun math
- [uncountable] Short form of mathematics.
- [uncountable] Arithmetic calculations. [See do the math]
- [countable] A math course.
MATH is an American Improv/experimental band formed in Woodstock, New York in the mid 90s. The band's shifting personnel has included members of various other bands, most notably Billy Riker and Joey Eppard of 3 and Dave Bodie of Time of Orchids and Kayo Dot.
Who is Math?
Math a.k.a. Matthew Sconzo is the son of actress Jeannie Sconzo.
- read more about Matthew Sconzo (actor)
"Math" is a book by Scholastic Professional Books.
- Math a.k.a. MATH. is a field of study.
- Math is a field of study.
Phrases with Math
Phrases starting with the word Math:
Phrases ending with the word Math:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Math
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Linear Algebra (2008)
A First Course with Applications by Larry E. Knop
Q: Math is a 4-letter ...
Math Dictionary for Kids (2006)
The Essential Guide to Math Terms, Strategies, and Tables by Theresa R. Fitzgerald
The Essential Guide to Math Terms, Strategies, and Tables Theresa R. Fitzgerald . Quick Reference Guides—Operations Quick Reference Guide Decimals Adding Decimals 1. Line up the. 97 Quick Reference Guides—Operations.
A Math Review by Chris Kornegay
A Math Review Chris Kornegay. X- Zeros of a Function or Polynomial The solution or solutions of an equation are called the zeros of the function. For an application, see Product Theorem of Zero. Appendix A Natural Logarithmic Tables 0.00 ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Math
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Math
Click on an item to view that photo:
On the side of Rues Exchange, Downtown
Photo credit: PinkMoose
Photo credit: bibendum84
Photo credit: wintercool612
- Math Works
Photo credit: Cody McComas
- Cottonelle Math Lesson
Sorry about it being blurry. In case you can't read it:
1 Double = 2 Single
1 Triple = 3 Single
Slow down and go over that complex math for a second. You're probably wondering why you have smoke comming out of your ears. Its because Cottonelle just blew your mind!
Photo credit: stephend9
- Think Coffee Math
how it should be.
Photo credit: jyllish
View more pictures about The Math.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Math
Click on an item to play that video:
- Math Terminology 2: The language of Geometry
This series will give a quick review of mathematical terminology for first year university students who will be taking mathematics. This video deals with ...
- A Math Lesson in Algebra Vocabulary
Nicole describes a few of the words that you must know to be comfortable and successful in your introductory Algebra class. Visit Nicole at ...
- Math Terminology
- Math Vocabulary
- Common Core Math Explanation default
A brief description of the Common Core math standards for parents who are frustrated.
- Definition of Derivatives - A Calculus Math Tutorial
In this excerpt from...
- Basic English Math Vocabulary and a Calculator
Learn basic math vocabulary in English. Go to...
- Math Vocabulary Terms for Trigonometry
Math Vocabulary Terms for Trigonometry. Part of the series: Advanced Math. When it comes to trigonometry there are a few math vocabulary terms every student ...
- Definition of Matrix & Matrices : Math Definitions & More
- Math English Vocabulary Lesson 22 - Circles
English Vocabulary for Math. Learn about circles: radius, circumference, tangents...
- Definition of Perpendicular Lines - MathHelp.com - Math Help
For a complete lesson on perpendicular lines, go to...
- Good Math Vocabulary Can Add Years to a Teacher's Life
Mr. Snugglefoot tries really hard to get Marjorie to understand advanced math vocab and hilarity ensues.
- Math Calculations & Conversions : Definition of Gearing Ratios
In defining gear ratios, remember that the gears either go up or down, and what's important is the number of teeth on the wheel. Discover the definition of gear ...
- 3.OA.6 - Meaning of Division (Singapore Math)
In this video, Mr. Almeida explains the meaning of division as an "unknown factor problem." This illustrates 3.OA.6 in the grade 3 Common Core Standards for ...
- CHS Math - Basic Algebra Vocabulary
Mr. T reviews the basic terms of algebra.
- Understanding Math : Meaning of a Composite Number
In math, a composite number is a positive integer which has a positive integer divisor other than itself and one. Discover the meaning of a composite number ...
- Math Terminology for incoming Uni students: an online course available at openlearning.com
This is an introduction to the online course (mini-MOOC or mini-TOOC): Math Terminology for incoming Uni students which is now hosted at ...
- SAT Tips, Tricks, and Strategies for Math Vocabulary
- Definition of Linear Functions & Relations : Math Definitions & More
- The Definition of Constant Ratios in Mathematics : Math Definitions & More
- Math isn't hard, it's a language | Randy Palisoc | TEDxManhattanBeach
This talk was given at a local TEDx event, produced independently of the TED Conferences. Is 26% proficiency in math acceptable to you? That's the question ...
- Math Dictionary
Supplementary Video for Potential Class Lesson.
- The Language of Math
Learning the language of math can be enlightening. Just ask Tony Chan, who heads the Mathematical and Physical Sciences directorate at the National ...
- Usborne first illustrated math dictionary
Excellent homework helper!
- A Math Dictionary
This tutorial demonstrates how to use the A Maths Dictionary tool in the classroom.
- Math Dictionary: Homework Help For Families
Math Dictionary: Homework Help For Families Get it at...
- Math Dictionary For Kids: The Essential
Math Dictionary For Kids: The Essential (Book) URL...
- Mountain Math/Language Online
Introduction to Mountain Math/Language Online.
- Usborne Illustrated Dictionary of Math
Whether you need help with math or you're trying to help someone else, this award winning favorite from Usborne Books &...
- Usborne First Illustrated Math Dictionary
See also the pronunciation examples of Math!
Quotes about Math
I never made a career decision based solely on my desire to be an astronaut. I attended the Naval Academy because I wanted to be a Navy pilot. I majored in math because math had always come pretty easily to me and I liked it. (John L. Phillips)
more quotes about math...
Scrabble value of M3A1T1H4
The value of this 4-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of MATH
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Math!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Math to see it in context!