On this page:
Who is Maurice Costello?
Maurice Costello: Maurice George Costello was an American prominent vaudeville actor of the late 1890s and early 1900s, who later played a principal role in early American films, as both a leading man, supporting player and a director.
- also known as Maurice George Costello, The Dimpled Darling, Stewart McKerrow
- born on (138 years ago) in Pittsburgh, child of Thomas Costello and Ellen Fitzgerald Costello
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Actor, film director, screenwriter, vaudeville performer
- died on (65 years ago) in Hollywood of heart ailment
- buried in Calvary Cemetery, East Los Angeles
- read more about Maurice Costello (actor)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Maurice Costello
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Anthony Slide
Griffith, Clara Kimball Young, Agnes Ayres, Maurice Costello, Mrs. Wallace Reid,florenceLawrence, and others.
by Geoff Mayer
More substantial was Maurice Costello as Holmes in The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (1903). A series of films made in Denmark, beginning in 1908, starring Viggo Larsen as Holmes, increased the detective's popularity on the screen.
by Michael Rheta Martin, Leonard Gelber
Bushman, Wallace Reid, Maurice Costello, John Gilbert, Douglas Fairbanks, Greta Garbo, Mary Pickford, Clara Bow, Constance Bennett, Norma Talmadge, and ...
The Bankers Encyclopedia (1917)
Maurice Costello. G. H. Mead. Jos. R. Gebhart. C. Keifer O. B. Brown. Wm. Stroop. F. J. Ach. Dayton National Bank. S. W. Davies. H. R. Simonds. Thos. Elder. A. M. Kittredge. E. D. Grimes.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Maurice Costello
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about Maurice Costello
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'Maurice Costello"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Maurice Costello for some fun with words!