On this page:
Who is Maurice Elvey?
Maurice Elvey was the most prolific film director in British history. He directed nearly 200 films between 1913 and 1957. During the silent film era he directed as many as twenty films per year.
- also known as William Seward Folkard
- born on (128 years ago) in Stockton-on-Tees, child of Sarah Anna Seward Folkard and William Clarence Folkard
- nationality: United Kingdom
- profession: Film director, film producer, screenwriter, actor
- died on (48 years ago) in Brighton
- read more about Maurice Elvey (film director)
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Maurice Elvey
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Ali Baba to Zombies by R. G. Young
Maurice Elvey (Capt. Matthews) D ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Maurice Elvey
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Maurice Elvey for some fun with words!