On this page:
Who is Menudo?
Menudo a.k.a. Ricky Martin: Enrique Martín Morales, commonly known as Ricky Martin, is a Puerto Rican singer, actor, and author. Martin began his career at age twelve with the all-boy pop group Menudo. After five years with the group, he released several Spanish-language solo albums throughout the 1990s. He also acted on stage and on TV in Mexico, becoming a modest star in the country. In 1994 he starred on the American TV soap opera General Hospital, playing a Puerto Rican singer.
- read more about Ricky Martin
Menudo was a Puerto Rican boy band that was formed in the 1970s by producer Edgardo Díaz. Menudo was also one of the biggest Latin boy bands in history, releasing their first album in 1977. The band achieved much success, especially during the 1980s, becoming the most popular Latin American teen musical group of the era. The group disbanded in 2009.
- Ricky Meléndez (Vocals) between and (7 years)
- Nefty Sallaberry (Vocals) between and (2 years)
- Carlos Meléndez (Vocals) between and (3 years)
- Fernando Sallaberry (Vocals) between and (3 years)
- Óscar Meléndez (Vocals) between and (4 years)
- Rene Farrait (Vocals) between and (3 years)
- Xavier Serbiá (Vocals) between and (3 years)
- Johnny Lozada (Vocals) between and (4 years)
- Miguel Cancel (Vocals) between and (2 years)
- Charlie Masso (Vocals) between and (5 years)
- Ray Reyes (Vocals) between and (2 years)
- Roy Rosselló (Vocals) between and (3 years)
- Ricky Martin (Vocals) between and (5 years)
- Draco Rosa (Vocals) between and (3 years)
- Raymond Acevedo (Vocals) between and (3 years)
- Sergio Blass (Vocals) between and (4 years)
- Ralphy Rodríguez (Vocals) between and
- Ruben Gomez (Vocals) between and (3 years)
- Angel Garcia (Vocals) between and (2 years)
- Robert Avellanet (Vocals) between and (3 years)
- Rawy Torres (Vocals) between and (2 years)
- Cesar Abreu (Vocals) in
- Adrian Olivares (Vocals) between and (3 years)
- Abel Talamantez (Vocals) between and (10 years)
- Edward Aguilera (Vocals) in
- Jonathan Montenegro (Vocals) in
- Alexis Grullón (Vocals) between and (10 years)
- Ashley Ruiz (Vocals) between and (4 years)
- Andy Blázquez (Vocals) between and (6 years)
- Ricky López (Vocals) between and (2 years)
- Anthony Galindo (Vocals) between and (5 years)
- Didier Hernández (Vocals) between and (6 years)
- Daniel René Weider (Vocals) between and
- Carlito Olivero (Vocals) between and (2 years)
- José "Monti" Antonio Montañez (Vocals) between and (2 years)
- Emmanuel Jose Vélez Pagán (Vocals) between and (2 years)
- Christopher Nelson Moy (Vocals) between and (2 years)
- José Bordonada Collazo (Vocals) between and (2 years)
- genres: Pop rock, Boy band, Pop music, Teen pop, Latin pop
- albums: "Especial - El Reencuentro", "Súbete a mi Moto", "Una Aventura Llamada Menudo", "Por Amor", "Es Navidad", "Viva! Bravo!", "Tiempo de Amar", "Reaching Out", "In Action", "Los Fantasmas", "If you're not here", "No Me Corten El Pelo", "Detras de tu Mirada", "Mania", "Vem Pra Mim", "Somos Los Hijos del Rock", "Refrescante", "A Todo Rock", "Imaginate...", "Dancin, Movin, Shakin", "Menudo", "Los últimos héroes", "Sombras & Figuras", "Fuego", "Quiero Ser", "Sons of Rock", "Os Ultimos Herois", "Ayer y Hoy", "Cosmopolitan Girl", "15 Años", "Feliz Navidad", "More Than Words", "Chiquitita", "Can't Get Enough", "Laura", "Mas Mucho Mas", "Triple Threat DVD/CD Combo", "Evolución", "Sergio", "Sueño salvaje", "A Festa Vai Começar", "Felicidades", "Adios Miguel", "Xanadu", "Explosion", "Lost", "Evolucion (English)"
- genre: Pop music
- released in (30 years ago)
Menudo is a traditional Mexican soup made with beef stomach in broth with a red chili pepper base. Usually, lime, chopped onions, and chopped cilantro are added, as well as crushed oregano and crushed red chili peppers.
Menudo is a traditional stew from the Philippines. Unlike the Mexican dish of the same name, it is not made with tripe and red chili sauce but rather with sliced pork and calves' liver in tomato sauce.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Menudo
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Extreme Cuisine (2009)
Exotic Tastes from Around the World by Eddie Lin
Menudo is a Mexican stew made with large quantities of tripe (cow stomach). It's also heavily seasoned with chilli and oregano. These key elements combine forces and act as an elixir to soak up the excess booze and clear your head.
by Jane Stern, Michael Stern
Menudo is a party dish and an afterparty dish, too. All along the Mexican border and through much of the Southwest, it is mostly a weekend item, partly because it takes a long time to cook, partly because it is an inexpensive way to feed a large ...
Fascinating Facts and Shocking Trivia on Movies, Music, Crime, Celebrities, History, and More by Jamie Frater
Menudo is a traditional Mexican soup that is very popular and often made for special occasions. It is also widely known as a cure all for hangovers. Menudo consists oftripe or cow stomach, onions, cilantro, oregano, chiles, and hominy. It takes ...
The Best Restaurants, Markets & Local Culinary Offerings by Todd Sturtz
Menudo is a hearty, earthy soup with a red chile base and tender slow-cooked beef tripe. It is very time-consuming to make so it's typically served only on weekends. If you put too much “salsa picante” (hot sauce) on your food, TacoSon offers ...
Joyful Memories (2014)
by Lil' Preacher
We made menudo, (menudo is a soup made of beef intestines and is supposed to help cure any hangover, so it's very popular among the Mexican people who like to drink) every weekend and since the war factories were working 24/7 we ...
by Leo M.L. Nollet, Fidel Toldra
The soup menudo is a traditional Mexican dish: a spicy soup made with tripe. Sopa de mondongo is a hearty traditional soup of Latin America and the Caribbean. It is made from slow-cooked diced tripe. In the Chinese mainland, beef tripe is ...
Comida Sabrosa (2000)
Home-Style Southwestern Cooking by Irene Barraza Sanchez, Gloria Sanchez Yund
Elsewhere, menudo is a tripe stew. Mollete: Anise bread Nachos: Tostados topped with cheese and green chile and baked; served as appetizers or with drinks Natilla: Pudding sprinkled with cinnamon and nutmeg Pastelitos: "Little pies" that ...
by Marco Polo Hernández Cuevas, Richard L. Jackson
Either way, menudo is an internationally known Mexican dish that can be considered to have, among others, African roots like the famous maroon language of the people of Alvarado, Veracruz. The people from Veracruz are nationally known ...
by Cordelia Candelaria
menudo is treated with the endearing respect of a genuine Mexi- can/Chicano soul food staple, even as it is recognized as one ...
From Calaveras to Quinceañeras by Charles Tatum
Menudo is also less direct in its reference to the contents of the dish since menudo in Spanish means little, fragments, something with little importance or value, and by extension it is also used to refer to the entrails, the feet, and the blood of a ...
Comprising the Theory and Practice of Horticulture, Floriculture, Arboriculture, and Landscape-gardening, Including All the Latest Improvements, a General History of Gardening in All Countries, and a Statistical View of Its Present State, with Suggestions for Its Future Progress in the British Isles by John Claudius Loudon
Moscatel Menudo Blanco, see il. Moscatel Menudo Moscado, see Grizzly Frontignan. Moscatel Morisco, see H'hite Frontignan. Moschata Bianca, see ib. Müller, Müllerrebe, Milllerweib, see Miller's Burgundy. Muscadel. White Muscadel .
by F. Diez
menudo); from minutie, L. L. minutia porcorum. Шиит-о minute ~ minuzzare. Шпицы-в It., Pr. menuzar, О. Fr. menuiser to make small, miпат; from a form minutiare, from minatus, Fr. menu, Sp. menudo, Pg. miuao ...
by Frances E. Karttunen
ACHCA often / a menudo, frecuentemente (C) ACHCAMPA one knows ...
by John R. Clark Hall, Herbert Dean Meritt
Cerca de cada uno de esos santuarios, el titular dispone de un palacio que a menudo es una fortaleza. La basilica, de ...
by Jana Ranson
escudo, Menudo, testudo. -aang-goh (2) mango, tango. (3) fandango. -ah-goh (3) Chicago. (4) Asiago, Santiago. -ahng-goh (-awng-goh) (2) bongo, Congo. - ahr-goh (2) argot, cargo, Fargo, largo, Margot. (3) embargo, Wells Fargo.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Menudo
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Menudo
Click on an item to view that photo:
Breakfast of Champions.
Photo credit: Paul Garland
Mi Tierra Restaurant
Photo credit: savemejebus
Breakfast of champions.
Swap meet Ascarate drive in movie theater.
El Paso, Texas
Photo credit: Paul Garland
Menudo at La Tapatia.
Photo credit: jeffk
- Dia 27 de Enero de 2009 menudo vendaval
Photo credit: El pollo la garapa
- Menudo Lady
Photo credit: rvacapinta
Scrabble value of M3E1N1U1D2O1
The value of this 6-letter word is 9 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of MENUDO
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Menudo!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Menudo to see it in context!