The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun meth:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun meth
- Phrases with Meth
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Meth
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Meth
- Photos about Meth
- Video about Meth
- Quotes about Meth
- Scrabble value of M3E1T1H4
- Anagrams of METH
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun meth
What does meth mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: meths
- an amphetamine derivative used in the form of a crystalline hydrochloride; used as a stimulant to the nervous system and as an appetite suppressant
- examples: Mom, Dad, I'm addicted to meth and I owe Big Jim a hundred million dollars. | He's a meth addict. | She's a meth addict.
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonyms of meth: chalk / chicken feed / crank / deoxyephedrine / glass / ice / methamphetamine / methamphetamine hydrochloride / shabu / trash
- more generic terms: amphetamine / pep pill / speed / upper = a central nervous system stimulant that increases energy and decreases appetite; controlled substance = a drug or chemical substance whose possession and use are controlled by law
- Meth a.k.a. Method Man: Clifford Smith, better known by his stage name Method Man, is an American hip hop recording artist, record producer and actor from Staten Island, New York City, New York. He took his stage name from the 1979 film The Fearless Young Boxer, also known as Method Man. Method Man is perhaps best known as a member of the East Coast hip hop collective Wu-Tang Clan. He is also one half of the hip hop duo Method Man & Redman. In 1996, he won a Grammy Award for Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group, for "I'll Be There for You/You're All I Need to Get By", with American R&B singer-songwriter Mary J. Blige.
- read more about Method Man
- Meth is a musician.
- also known as Paul Durrant
- profession: Musician
- read more about Meth (musical artist)
Meth a.k.a. meth. is a musical group.
- albums: "THE OLD ONE ENDS, IT BECOMES BRAND NEW"
"Meth" explores the rising wave of crystal methamphetamine use within the gay population. Through the reflections of a dozen gay men, we learn of the drug's allure, its promise, and why its popularity is soaring. Some of the men in the film are current users, and they share their life with us while under the constant influence of "Tina." Other interviewees are former denizens of "Tina World," who have managed to crawl back from the depths to which their addictions brought them. Throughout, METH is an unflinching look at the devastating effects of addiction to this very serious drug.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- director: Todd Ahlberg
- producer: Todd Ahlberg
- production design by Brien Holman
- art direction by Jayson Whitmore
- cinematography by Ulf Soderqvist
- edited by Todd Ahlberg
- music by Genuine
- genres: Documentary film, Political drama
- released on (8 years ago)
- "Meth" is a 2011 studio album by Z-Ro.
- genre: Hip hop music
- released on
- "Meth" is a musical album of Pneumatic Detach.
- released in (10 years ago)
- "Meth" is a musical single of Andy Graham.
- released on (7 years ago)
- meth a.k.a. Pseudoephedrine: A phenethylamine and a diastereomer of ephedrine with sympathomimetic property. Pseudoephedrine displaces norepinephrine from storage vesicles in presynaptic neurones, thereby releasing norepinephrine into the neuronal synapses where it stimulates primarily alpha-adrenergic receptors. It also has weak direct agonist activity at alpha- and beta- adrenergic receptors. Receptor stimulation results in vasoconstriction and decreases nasal and sinus congestion.
- read more about Pseudoephedrine
- metH is a gene.
- Meth a.k.a. Meth- is a prefix used in chemistry. It indicates that a chemical compound has been derived from methane or contains "methyl" groups.
- metH is a genomic locus.
Phrases with Meth
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Meth
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by D. Yogi Goswami, Frank Kreith
METH is the cycle's mean effective heat addition temperature METL is the cycle's mean effective heat rejection...
Furthermore, The difference between TH and METH is a measure of exergy destruction (also known as irreversibility) during ...
Police Heroes (2002)
True Stories of Courage About America's Brave Men, Women, and K-9 Officers by Charles R. Whitlock
“Meth" is a dangerous, unpredictable drug that can be lethal. Also known as speed, ice, and crystal, meth is a potent central nervous system stimulant like cocaine. Meth can be smoked, snorted, injected, or taken orally, and its appearance ...
Crazy Town (2008)
Money. Marriage. Meth. by Sterling R. Braswell
Meth is an idea applied to a mixture of things commonly part of our everyday lives , things we cannot simply annihilate. Even if we...
In the animal kingdom of human ideas, meth is the cockroach: omnipresent and indestructible. And, as with the ...
by Craig J. Forsyth, Heith Copes
Brief History Meth is a derivative of the chemical known as ephedrine. Ephedrine is a stimulant...
The Methamphetamine Crisis (2007)
Strategies to Save Addicts, Families, and Communities by Herbert C. Covey
Meth provides the user, at least initially, with a tremendous sense of pleasure. Meth is a synthetic stimulant commonly used as a recreational drug. Physicians legally prescribe the drug as a treatment for attention deficit disorder (ADD) under ...
Psychiatry, 2 Volume Set (2015)
by Allan Tasman, Jerald Kay, Jeffrey A. Lieberman, Michael B. First, Michelle Riba
METH is the predominant form of ATS used in the world today. This is especially true ...
Vanishing Acts, The Tenth Circle, and Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult
” * * * The first thing you need to make meth is a lot of friends, because drugstores limit the number of cold tablets a single person can buy at once. They come in boxes of twenty-four, and you need thousands to get the right ...
The Global South in a Changing World by Glyn Williams, Paula Meth, Katie Willis
Paula Meth is a Senior Lecturer, Department of Town and Regional Planning at the University of Sheffield, UK. Katie Willis is Professor of Human Geography and ...
The Anatomy of Addiction (2016)
What Science and Research Tell Us About the True Causes, Best Preventive Techniques, and Most Successful Treatments by Akikur Mohammad, MD
“Meth is a real problem for some people, but it is an overhyped problem. All you have to do is look at the use rates and look at sentencing,” said Jason Ziedenderg, executive director of the Justice Policy Institute. “When 100,000 people a year ...
by Stephanie Paris
Crystal meth is an illegal one. These make people feel less These make people feel more Hallucinogens These drugs make people see or hear things that aren't there. LSD and some mushrooms are hallucinogens. Narcotics These drugs dull ...
by Richard Lawrence Miller
Methamphetamine Pronunciation: meth-am-FET-uh-meen Chemical Abstracts Service Registry Number: 537-46-2 Formal Names: Anadrex, Desoxyn, Norodin, Pervertin, Stimulex Informal Names: Bambita, Bathtub Crank, Batu, Blue Meth, Boo ...
The Encyclopaedia Britannica, Or, A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, and Miscellaneous Literature (1823)
Meth. t. 326. f. 2. . 72. Somewhat ventricose, whitish, with a transverse yellow band, ...
Drugs in American Society: An Encyclopedia of History, Politics, Culture, and the Law [3 volumes] (2014)
by Nancy E. Marion, Willard M. Oliver
Meth labs vary in size and output. Large labs, called super labs, can produce 10 pounds or more of the drug per cycle and are usually run by gangs or organized crime units. Small labs, called box labs, produce as little as an ounce or less of ...
by Rolf H. J. Schlegel
prep meth biot differential host: A plant that gives distinctive symptoms when infected with a specific virus, allowing the virus to be distinguished from ...
Mosby's Dental Dictionary (2013)
by Elsevier, Mosby
meth mouth, n a condition...
by Bruce E. Johansen, Barry M. Pritzker
Meth is a stimulant that can cause extreme paranoia, psychosis, dementia, and amnesia. A meth high involves prolonged periods of time without food and sleep. Additionally, it can cause high blood pressure, stroke, and heart attack as a result ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Meth
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Meth
Click on an item to view that photo:
Artist: Meth, behind Niche nightclub, Sheffield
Photo credit: KylaBorg
- Monty Meth
Life President of the Enfield Over 50s group
Photo credit: myeralan
- Meth Kills!
This public service announcement brought to you by the Hobo Broadcasting Network.
Photo credit: rococohobo
- Meth donuts
Donuts topped with sugar candy look as if they came out of a Breaking Bad episode.
Photo credit: uıɐɾ ʞ ʇɐɯɐs
- Meth Diet Results
Photo credit: Don Hankins
- DEATH WITH METH
Photo credit: Don Hankins
- Worse than meth
Joking of course.
Photo credit: Harlequeen
- Moms On Meth / Lyon
Photo credit: xkidx
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Meth
Language arts Project, Mother vs. Meth
See also the pronunciation examples of Meth!
Quotes about Meth
For the past several years, the Meth Caucus has worked to engage the Office of National Drug Control Policy on this issue. We have tried to get their attention that meth requires a strong, comprehensive Federal policy. (Rick Larsen)
more quotes about meth...
Scrabble value of M3E1T1H4
The value of this 4-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the second edition of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of METH
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Meth!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Meth to see it in context!