On this page:
The Metropole Orkest is a jazz and pop orchestra based in the Netherlands, and is the largest full-time ensemble of its kind in the world. A hybrid orchestra, it is a combination of jazz big band and symphony orchestra. Comprising 52 musicians, it is versatile across many musical forms, and is equipped with a "double rhythm section“ - one for pop and rock, and one for jazz based music.
- also known as The Metropole Orchestra, Metropole Orchestra
- genre: Pop music
- albums: "Dennis Farnon's Mother Magoo Suite", "Kodachrome", "54", "Regência: Vince Mendoza", "My Flame Burns Blue", "The Universe Will Provide", "My Christmas Album", "Basement Jaxx: The Videos", "Black Symphony", "Parallel Universe", "Live", "The Look of Love: Burt Bacharach Songbook", "Amsterdam Meets New Tango", "Peter en de Wolf", "The Chesterfield Arrangements 1937-38", "Twilight", "Symphonic Jazz", "Further Adventures"
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to Latin Grammy Award for Best MPB Album - "Regência: Vince Mendoza", with Ivan Lins, Paul Pouwer, Vince Mendoza & Rich Breen
- nominated to Latin Grammy Award for Album of the Year - "Regência: Vince Mendoza", with Paul Pouwer, Vince Mendoza, Rich Green & Ivan Lins
- nominated to Latin Grammy Award for Record of the Year - "Arlequim Desconhecido", with Ivan Lins, Vince Mendoza, Rich Breen & Paul Pouwer
- Latin Grammy Award for Best MPB Album - "Regência: Vince Mendoza", with Ivan Lins, Paul Pouwer, Vince Mendoza & Rich Breen
- nominated to Grammy Award for Best Jazz Vocal Album - "Live", with Al Jarreau
- official website: www.metropoleorkest.nl
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Metropole Orkest
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Metropole Orkest
Vicente Amigo (met Metropole Orkest)
Photo credit: Harold Kuiper
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Metropole Orkest for some fun with words!