On this page:
Who is Michael Artin?
Michael Artin is an American mathematician and a professor emeritus in the Massachusetts Institute of Technology mathematics department, known for his contributions to algebraic geometry and also generally recognized as one of the outstanding professors in his field.
- also known as Артин, Майкл
- born on (81 years ago) in Hamburg, child of Emil Artin
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Mathematician
- parent of Wendy Artin
- written works: "Commutative rings", "Grothendieck topologies", "Algebra", "Etale homotopy"
- award: - Wolf Prize in Mathematics (For his fundamental contributions to algebraic geometry, both commutative and non-commutative.)
Printed books with definitions for Michael Artin
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Mathematics, Algebra by CTI Reviews
Michael Artin is an American mathematician and a professor emeritus in the Massachusetts lnstitute of Technology mathematics department, known for ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Michael Artin
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Michael Artin for some fun with words!