On this page:
- Definition of the noun mikado
- Phrases with Mikado
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Mikado
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Mikado
- Photos about Mikado
- Video about Mikado
- Scrabble value of M3I1K5A1D2O1
- Anagrams of MIKADO
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun mikado
What does mikado mean as a name of something?
noun - plural:
- mikado: mikados
- Mikado: Mikados
- the emperor of Japan; when regarded as a religious leader the emperor is called tenno
Alternative definition of the noun mikado
- [context: history] A former title of the emperors of Japan during a certain period.
- [context: literary] Any emperor of Japan.
- A game of skill, in which identical wooden sticks must be removed from a pile without disturbing the remaining sticks
Mikado Township is a civil township of Alcona County in the U.S. state of Michigan. The population was 947 at the 2010 census.
- also known as Mikado Township, Michigan; Mikado, Michigan
- part of Alcona County, Michigan, United States of America
- Mikado was a French pop group from 1982 to 1991.
- Mikado is a musical group.
There are other groups with in their name, like Mikado Punchers.
Mikado is a record label.
- The Mikado was a serial killer in the DC Comics universe who confronted the Question.
- Mikado is a fictional character from the 1968 horror film Kuroneko.
- Mikado is a fictional film character.
- "Mikado" was the Swiss entry in the Eurovision Song Contest 1975, performed in German by Simone Drexel.
- "Mikado" is a musical album of Mikado.
- released in (31 years ago)
- "Mikado" is a composition.
"Mikado" is a written work.
- author: Bjarne Reuter
- released in (18 years ago)
"Mikado" is a 1983 German film directed by Hans Peter Clahsen, Andrea Jaenike, Ingeborg Meyer-Sambeth, Mercedes Ramirez, Gisa Schleelein, Helmut-Ulrich Weiss and Angi Welz-Rommel.
- released in (33 years ago)
- Mikado is a pick-up sticks game originating in Europe. In 1936 it was brought from Hungary to the USA and was mostly called pick-up sticks. This term is not very specific in respect to existing stick game variations. Probably the "Mikado" name was not used because it was a brand name of a game producer. The game got its name from the highest scoring stick "Mikado". The buddhistic Chien Tung also contains a stick called "emperor".
- Mikado is a film production company.
- Mikado is a restaurant.
- Mikado is a film distributor.
- Mikado a.k.a. The Mikado is a 1996 theater production of the musical play adapted from the opera by Arthur Sullivan and W.S.Gilbert.
- read more about The Mikado
Phrases with Mikado
- Mikado Pheasant
- Pyrus Mikado
- Liogma Mikado
- Andrena mikado
- Chalcis Mikado
- Cidaris Mikado
- Euthrix Mikado
- Kempina Mikado
- Squilla Mikado
- Syrphus Mikado
- Trypeta mikado
- Zelmira Mikado
- Bacanius Mikado
- Gnoriste Mikado
- Graphium Mikado
- Hesperia Mikado
- Kempella Mikado
- Sphegina Mikado
- Euphranta Mikado
- Holorusia Mikado
View more phrases with the word Mikado in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Mikado
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Burton D. Fisher
The Mikado is a true masterpiece, widely regarded...
The Mikado is an effervescent and ebullient story with music, its continual rejuvenation making it as fresh as it was on the day it premiered in 1885. The Mikado Page 32.
Rambles in Japan (2012)
The Land of the Rising Sun by Henry Baker Tristram
fire worship, the mirror representing the sun, who himself is the representative of the invisible Deity, while the Mikado is the human representative of the sun, and therefore, in some degree, a partaker of the divine nature. Nor is this all the ...
A Southern Garden (2001)
by Elizabeth Lawrence
Mikado is the best of the early fulvous hybrids, and still stands out in any collection. The shallow flowers of glistening cadmium yellow are marked with a mahogany half-halo. They last more than six weeks, from the first of June past the middle ...
Downtown Culpeper (2009)
by Diane Logan, Culpeper Renaissance, Inc.
The Mikado is a wellknown opera that toured many small towns that hosted the Chautauqua.
Proceedings of Concerted Action COMPARES ; ( Connectionist Methods for Pre-processing and Analysis of Remote Sensing Data ) ; with 39 Tables by Ioannis Kanellopoulos
The Mikado- Algorithm for Structure Detection This section will demonstrate that the Mikado is an efficient classification algorithm for image processing. As an example we use the automatic detection of blind shells in aerial images taken in ...
Asiatic Journal (1839)
The Mikado is the acknowledged Emperor, absolute alike in spiritual and temporal afrairs: the ongoon is a military chief, professedly the vicegerent or lieutenant of the Emperor. Klaproth says, the Japanese, when the meaning of the title ...
The Mikado is the acknowledged Emperor, absolute alike in spiritual and temporal affairs: the 2iogoon is a military chief, professedly the vicegerent or lieutenant of the Emperor. Klaproth says, the Japanese, when the meaning of the title ...
by Mark A. Robinson
tHe MIKAdo back, and we discover all the things that happened to alienate these three dreamers from each other and bring them to such lows. Merrily We Roll Along was not a hit on Broadway; in fact, it only ran for 16 performances. Stephen ...
Mikado Brown M. Mimosa. aqueous solution to an orange-brown. — Dyes cotton from a boiling salt bath, silk from a faintly acid salt bath orange-brown shades ; acids turn them dark brown, alkalies redden. Fast to soap, moderately fast to light.
A Century of Musicals in Black and White: An Encyclopedia of Musical Stage Works By, About, or Involving African Americans (1993)
An Encyclopedia of Musical Stage Works By, About, or Involving African Americans by Bernard L. Peterson Jr.
THE SWING MIKADO and the carrying of Harlem's throaty torch.” The plot concerned some entertainers from a Mississippi showboat who try to find a better life in New York's Harlem, where they finally put on the show of shows.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Mikado
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Mikado
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Stephi 2006
Nikon D3, Nikkor 85mm f/1.4
Photo credit: Tiefengeist
Photo credit: Jannis_V
Photo credit: erix!
A desolate little four corners north of Oscoda on F-41. The only things here are a post office, bingo hall, convenience store, a bar, and a St. Vincent dePaul thrift shop.
Photo credit: wachovia_138
Mikado - Vase
Photo credit: Exclusive Distribution
Photo credit: brunobord
- Chevrolet LUV Mikado
Light Utility Vehicle made in Japan by Isuzu. The cab is from the Isuzu Florian car.
Photo credit: Hugo-90
- Calle Mikado
Photo credit: mahatsorri
- Mikado in Barcelona
Construction work at the Sagrada Familia.
Photo credit: jeroen_bennink
- Mikado, meget
Photo credit: angermann
View more pictures about The Mikado.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Mikado
Video shows what mikado means. A former title of the emperors of Japan during a certain period.. Any emperor of Japan.. A game of skill, in which identical ...
Scrabble value of M3I1K5A1D2O1
The value of this 6-letter word is 13 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of MIKADO
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Mikado!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Mikado to see it in context!