Miles appears in the following pangram (a sentence using every letter of the alphabet at least once):
- Jeb quickly drove a few extra miles on the glazed pavement. (48 letters)
Miles appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- Selim's tired; no wonder, it's miles.
On this page:
- Definition of the noun Miles
- Phrases with Miles
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Miles
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Miles
- Photos about Miles
- Videos about Miles
- Sign language
- Quotes about Miles
- Scrabble value of M3I1L1E1S1
- Anagrams of MILES
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Miles
What does Miles mean as a name of something?
- [slang] A great distance.
- Miles is a city in Runnels County, Texas, United States. The population was 829 at the 2010 census.
- Miles is a small town in Queensland, Australia. At the 2006 census, Miles had a population of 1,164.
- Miles is a city in Jackson County, Iowa, United States. The population was 445 at the 2010 census.
- Miles is an unincorporated community in Orange County, North Carolina, United States, located on U.S. Route 70, north of Buckhorn.
- Miles is an unincorporated community in Pendleton County, West Virginia, USA. Miles is located along County Route 3 in the George Washington National Forest.
- Miles a.k.a. New Century Theatre is a Venue, Building in Minneapolis.
- read more about New Century Theatre
- Miles is a neighborhood of Tucson.
- also known as Miles, Tucson
- part of Tucson
- Miles a.k.a. A.D. Miles: Anthony David Miles, best known as A. D. Miles, is an American actor, writer and comedian. He is the head writer for The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, which he helped develop. As an actor, he is best known as step-dad Gary on the Fallon skit "Ew!" and as Marty Shonson on Comedy Central's Dog Bites Man. He has also appeared in multiple other Fallon sketches, such as a member of the Ragtime Gals and Mr. Fletcher in the sketches in which Fallon and Justin Timberlake sing songs at their childhood camp. He also appeared in recurring roles on both Law & Order: Criminal Intent and Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!.
- read more about A.D. Miles (comedian)
- Miles was an English professional cricketer who made 3 known appearances in major cricket matches from 1791 to 1793.
- Miles is an actor.
- profession: Actor
- read more about Miles (actor)
- Miles is a Bangla rock band from Bangladesh.
- genre: Pop rock
- albums: "Protiddhoni", "Best of Miles 2", "Best of Miles 1"
- Miles is a musical group.
- albums: "Miles", "Don't Let the Cold In", "Structure Vs. Happiness", "The Day I Vanished", "Baboon", "Mañana", "Perfect World"
There are other groups with in their name, like 18 Miles, 20 Miles, Miles Away, 12000 Miles, Mercy Miles, Miles Ahead, Miles Apart, These Miles, Twenty Miles, 10 Miles Away, Miles de años, 40 Miles North, Miles & Smiles, Miles Davis 19, Miles of Water, Miles Davis 19, miles davis +19, The Miles Apart, 93 Million Miles.
- Miles a.k.a. Miles Straume is a fictional character played by Ken Leung on the ABC television series Lost. Miles is introduced early in the fourth season as a hotheaded and sarcastic medium as a crew member aboard the freighter called the Kahana that is offshore the island where most of Lost takes place. Miles arrives on the island and is eventually taken captive by John Locke, who suspects that those on the freighter are there to harm his fellow crash survivors of Oceanic Airlines Flight 815 and expose the island to the general public. Miles is on a mission to obtain Ben Linus; instead, he tries to cut a deal with Ben to lie to Miles's employer Charles Widmore that Ben is dead.
- read more about Miles Straume
- Miles is a fictional character from the 2003 film Intolerable Cruelty.
- Miles is a fictional character from the 2006 film The Holiday.
- Miles is a fictional character from the 2014 film Posh.
- Miles is a fictional character in the 2011 crime thriller film Restitution.
- Miles is a fictional film character.
- Miles is a fictional character from the 2007 film Transformers.
- Miles is a fictional character from The Turn of the Screw.
There are other characters with in their name, like Ian Miles, Miles Teg, Ten Miles, Ten-Miles, Tim Miles, Tom Miles, Gary Miles, Mark Miles, Miles Reed, Miles Ryan, Mrs. Miles, Cyrus Miles, Derek Miles, Devon Miles, Ellen Miles, Frank Miles, Laura Miles, Miles Davis, Miles Dyson and Miles Evans.
- "Miles": Miles: The New Miles Davis Quintet is an album by jazz musician Miles Davis released in 1956 on Prestige Records, catalogue 7014. It is the debut record by the Miles Davis Quintet, and generally known by the original title Miles as indicated on the cover.
- "Miles" is the second EP by popular Melbourne Rockers, The Vasco Era. Miles contains the Triple J favourite "Kingswood".
- genre: Indie rock
- released on (10 years ago)
- "Miles" is a musical album of Miles.
- released on (15 years ago)
- "Miles" is a musical single of Carpet.
- released on
- "Miles" is a musical album of Bill Staines.
- released in (41 years ago)
- "Miles" is a musical album of Miles Jaye.
- released in (29 years ago)
- "Miles" is a composition.
- music and lyrics by Entertainment for the Braindead
- "Miles" is a composition.
"Miles" is a book written by Miles Davis.
- Miles is one of two official mascots of the Denver Broncos, an NFL football team. He was founded on January 31, 1999, the same day that the Broncos became Super Bowl champions for the second time at the Pro Player Stadium in Miami, Florida. However, he did not appear in person as a mascot until 2 years later. Now Miles resides at Sports Authority field in Denver, Colorado. He is a regular at the Broncos' games but, unlike some football mascots, he also makes time for community promotions. One of his biggest roles is promoting the Broncos' reading program, "Read like a Pro.
- Miles is a 2013 Telly Award winner.
- also known as Miles Media
- award: - Telly Award for Internet/Online Programs, Segments, or Promotional Pieces Online Video - Travel/Tourism - "The Redwoods of the Santa Cruz Mountains"
- official website: www.milespartnership.com
- Miles is a male name from the Latin miles, a soldier. The medieval knight was called miles in Medieval Latin, while in Classical Latin, miles meant simply soldier of any sort, including infantry.
Phrases with Miles
- miles davis
- Cis miles
- Food miles
- Julis Miles
- Chiton Miles
- Copaxa Miles
- Dentex Miles
- Elater Miles
- Hypera Miles
- Labrus miles
- Munida miles
- Ampedus Miles
- Armiger Miles
- Berosus miles
- Colotis Miles
- Corvina Miles
- Cyclops Miles
- Gryllus Miles
- Hypaeus miles
- Laelaps Miles
View more phrases with the word Miles in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Miles
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Environmental Impact Statement
miles is a trapezoidal earth channel designed to prevent flooding from the 25-year frequency flood. The next 5.7 miles is a trapezoidal earth channel designed to prevent flooding from the 100year frequency flood. The upper 4.6 ...
Tennessee & Kentuck by Russ Manning
miles is a junction with the Laurel Hill Road to the left that is the route for Laurel Hill Trail. If you took the Kentucky Trail because the Sheltowee Trace is still closed through this section, emerge here on Laurel Ridge Road. Continue ...
Miles Apart (2012)
by Tamika Melvin Williams
Tamia Mia Miles is a Southern girl from North Carolina who always dreamt of doing two things; having a career in fashion and getting married.
Ultimate Visual Dictionary (2017)
billion miles Most of the bodies in the planetary part of the solar system move around the Sun in elliptical orbits located in a ...
Encyclopedia of California (1999)
by Nancy Capace, Somerset Publishers, Incorporated
San Diego Bay, safe at all seasons, is sheltered from ocean winds by Point Loma , a promontory seven miles in length. The Los Angeles harbor, fronting on open San Pedro Bay, 20 miles from the city, is protected by a breakwater. California's ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Miles
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Miles
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about Miles Away.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Miles
Click on an item to play that video:
- New Definition - This Kid Named Miles & Medusa
- Miles Explanation Tennessee Game
Les Miles explains the final seconds of the LSU vs Tennessee game October 2, 2010.
- The Definition of "Protection" Today by Aled Miles
Aled Miles, Senior VP, Global Cloud, IoT, Service Providers & Systems Integrators & the Latin America Geography, defines the meaning of "Protection" today.
- Marathon - Miles With Meaning
- Miles and Miles of Texas slowly with explanation
explanations of fingerings and slower tempo for learning. See lyrics, chords, and chord diagrams here: ...
- Fupa--- les miles definition
This video was uploaded from an Android phone.
- Underwater Tiger - Where Miles Become Meaning (Lyrics)
- More Explanation of JFC Disruption and Miles Being Illegally Arrested!! SHARE!!
- LOST: 5x11 "Whatever..." - Miles/Hurley Time Travelling Explanation
- Miles is garbage w/ post-game explanation
First hand commentary on miles being bad -- Watch live at...
- Elemental Meaning: 600 miles song [1st rehearsal]
Detroit band Elemental Meaning's rehearsing Markita Moore's "600 Miles" for the first time circa 2011 and figuring out 7/8 meter. The band's elements? Markita ...
- Fan Friday - New Slang - The Shins - Rachael Miles
This is for Natalie Portman.
- 26.2 Miles of Meaning (2012 Marathon Team)
- TEDxClassroomProject - Miles - Seeing the Deeper Meaning - 5/17/10
- IA History and Terminology - Greg Miles
- Otzros Chaim 5 Rate explanation of the basics of Kabbalah rabbi miles
- Otzros Chaim 4 Rate explanation of the basics of Kabbalah rabbi miles
- Otzros Chaim 26 Rate explanation of the basics of Kabbalah rabbi miles
- Otzros Chaim 6 Rate explanation of the basics of Kabbalah rabbi miles
- Otzros Chaim 21 Rate explanation of the basics of Kabbalah rabbi miles
- BSL poem "Language for the Eye" by Dorothy Miles
- Miles To Kilometers ENGLISH LANGUAGE
Learn English,English,Temperature,English Language (Human Language),Lesson,ESL,ELT,TESOL,Aprende ingles gratis,ingles,Temperature Conversion.
- Miles McDermott Language arts project
- Secret Language of Manufactured Spending to Get Frequent Flyer Miles
- Cars 2 MILES AXLEROD English - Character of the Movie (Full Description) [GAMEPLAY]
CARS 2 FULL MOVIE IN ENGLISH (game)...
- DSE 2013: 22 Miles Talks About Its Interactive Wayfinder and Multi Language Maps
DSE 2013: 22 Miles Talks About Its Interactive Wayfinder and Multi Language Maps.
See also the pronunciation examples of Miles!
Click on an item to play that video:
Quotes about Miles
Going to work for a large company is like getting on a train. Are you going sixty miles an hour or is the train going sixty miles an hour and you're just sitting still (J. Paul Getty)
more quotes about miles...
Scrabble value of M3I1L1E1S1
The value of this 5-letter word is 7 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of MILES
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Miles!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Miles to see it in context!