Moo appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Moo lazily, Ned: deny Liz a loom.
- Moo rarely, TV ilk: OK Liv Tyler a room.
On this page:
- Definition of the noun moo
- Definition of the verb moo
- Other definitions of moo
- Phrases with Moo
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Moo
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Moo
- Photos about Moo
- Videos about Moo
- Quotes about Moo
- Scrabble value of M3O1O1
- Anagrams of MOO
- Share this page
The word moo is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun moo
What does moo mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: moos
- the sound made by a cow or bull
Definition of the verb moo
What does moo mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: mooed | mooing | moos
- make a low noise, characteristic of bovines
Syntactic formula Example for the syntactic formula [Agent - animal] [Verb] The dog barked [Agent - animal] [Verb] [Location] Birds sang in the trees [Agent - animal] [Verb] [Recipient] [Adjective] The rooster crowed everyone awake [Agent - animal] [Verb] [Theme] The dog barked a warning [Agent - animal] [Verb] at [Cause] The dog barked at the commotion [Agent - animal] [Verb] at / to / towards / for [Recipient] The dog barked at the cat [Location] [Verb] with [Agent] The tree sang with birds
Verbs of Sounds Made by Animals (with the same syntax): baa, bark, bay, bellow, blat, bleat, boom, bray, buzz, cackle, call, caw, chatter, cheep, chirp, chirrup, chitter, cluck, coo, croak, crow, cuckoo, drone, gobble, groan, growl, grunt, hee-haw, hiss, honk, hoot, howl, low, meow, mew, moan, neigh, oink, peep, pipe, purr, quack, rattle, roar, rumble, screech, snarl, squawk, squeak, squeal, stridulate, thunder, trill, trumpet, tweet, twitter, ululate, wail, warble, wheeze, whimper, whine, whinny, whistle, woof, yap, yell, yelp, yip, yowl.
- lexical domain: Communication - verbs of telling, asking, ordering, singing
- synonym of moo: low
- more generic terms: emit / let loose / let out / utter = express audibly
Other definitions of moo
What does moo also mean?
- The characteristic sound made by a cow or bull.
- Moo a.k.a. Eric Prydz: Eric Sheridan Prydz, also known by his stage names Pryda and Cirez D, is a Swedish DJ and producer based in Los Angeles, California.
- read more about Eric Prydz
- Moo a.k.a. Sompob Benjathikul is an actor.
- read more about Sompob Benjathikul (actor)
- Moo a.k.a. Paul Moorghen is a musical artist.
- read more about Paul Moorghen
Moo is a venture funded company.
- official website: www.moo.com
- Moo is a friendly cat, residing in the City of Port Adelaide-Enfield region. She arrived from the Animal Welfare League shelter, and was named for her sheer number of kittens.
- Moo is an asset.
- Moo is a fictional character from the 1999 anime TV series Monster Rancher.
- Moo: Master Moo, more commonly known as Moo, is a fictional character in the Monster Rancher anime. He is the major antagonist in the entire show, and an extremely evil villain. He bears no redeeming qualities, and is shown as a personification of evil; his demonic form, his method of seducing monsters, and his ability to derive strength from hatred, all give him an undeniable similarity to the devil. Moo is a cruel and vicious sadist who commits his evil acts purely because of the enjoyment it gives to his dark soul.
- Moo is a fictional character from the 2007 film Ploy.
- Moo is a fictional character from the 2009 Thai comedy-horror film Rahtree Reborn.
- Moo is a fictional character from the 2010 comedy film Old Cow vs Tender Grass.
- Moo is a fictional character from the 2005 film Vampires: The Turning.
- Moo is a fictional character in the 2013 film Chanthaly.
- Moo is a fictional character from the 2004 film Born to Fight.
- "Moo" is a 1995 novel by Jane Smiley. Its setting is a large university, known familiarly as "Moo U" because of its large agricultural college, in the American Midwest. The novel is a satire that uses a sprawling narrative style, following the lives of dozens of characters over the course of the 1989-1990 academic year.
- also known as "Moo (Compass Press)"
- language: English Language
- genres: Comic novel, Fiction, Comedy
- subjects: United States of America, Literary
- released on (20 years ago)
- award: - National Book Critics Circle Award for Fiction nomination for Jane Smiley
- "Moo" a.k.a. "Moo!" is a book by David Wiesner.
- "Moo" is a written work.
- author: Roger Hargreaves
"MOO" a.k.a. "Master of Orion" is a critically acclaimed turn-based, 4X science fiction computer strategy game released in 1993 by MicroProse on the MS-DOS and Mac OS operating systems.
- read more about Master of Orion
Moo a.k.a. Moomba Airport is located at Moomba, South Australia.
- MOO: A MOO is a text-based online virtual reality system to which multiple users are connected at the same time.
- The MOO programming language is a relatively simple programming language used to support the MOO Server. It is dynamically typed and uses a prototype-based object-oriented system, with syntax roughly derived from the Algol school of programming languages.
- Moo is a Michelin starred restaurant in Barcelona, Spain.
- Moo a.k.a. Monom Language: Monom, also known as Bonam, is an Austro-Asiatic language of Vietnam.
- also known as Bonom, Menam, Monam
Phrases with Moo
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Moo
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
My Name Is Maggie Moo (2016)
by Huda Adnan
Maggie Moo is a unique and special cat.
by Claude Ghaoui
Lingua MOO is an online writing community that encourages collaborative research projects on electronic media (Galin, 1998).
Tweet, Quack Moo (2017)
by Fatima Sharafeddine
Tweet, Quack, Moo is a playful read for children learning to count to ten and imitate animal sounds. From barking dogs to clucking chickens, there's so many noises to count!
Human development (1997)
Competencies for the Twenty-First Century. Papers from the IFLA CPERT Third International Conference on Continuing Professional Education for the Library and Information Professions ; a Publication of the Continuing Professional Education Round Table ... by Patricia Layzell Ward, Darlene E. Weingand
The MOO is a low bandwidth service and WWW is also available at low bandwidth, using hypertext clients such as lynx. Lynx is an efficient text client for the WWW, especially when most information accessed exists as text. Equal opportunities ...
by Kai Mühlenhoff
The MOO is a publicly accessible database, available and accessible from anywhere on the world via network systems...
Learning Online (2004)
A Guide to Success in the Virtual Classroom by Maggie McVay Lynch
MOO is an acronym for MUD, ...
by Richard W. Cottle, Jong-Shi Pang, Richard E. Stone
Since K is a complete class, Moo is a K -matrix. Thus, the Schur complement N = (M/Moo) = Maa – Mao. M.; Moa is well- defined.
by Charles Erehart Chadman
Montesquieu's Moo. Francis Moore's English King's ...
by Dasgupta, Subhasish
STAGE 1 Hearing about MOOs STAGE 3 Exploration/ Immersion STAGE 6 Equilibrium STAGE 4 Enchantment /Addiction STAGE 2 Motivation to MOO “ REAL LIFE” “MOO LIFE” STAGE 3 IRC as Novelty STAGE3 IRC as Novelty STAGE.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Moo
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Moo
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: William_Doyle
Photo credit: BYTE RIDER
Photo credit: kudumomo
Photo credit: betsyweber
Happy cow also thirsty
Photo credit: dipfan
Photo credit: quinn.anya
- "moo business cards"
"moo business cards"
Photo credit: osde8info
Moo mini cards just arrived and they are absolutely awesome!
Photo credit: chidorian
Photo credit: Erik
- Moo cards
now with separators!
Photo credit: gabofr
Photo credit: keith_and_kasia
- Moo Canoes
Photo credit: Matt From London
- Moo business cards
Photo credit: Lisa Brewster
- Moo box
Photo credit: photoverulam
Photo credit: betsyweber
- Moo cards in case
Muji mini ashtray
Photo credit: Fimb
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Moo
Click on an item to play that video:
- MOO Meaning
Video shows what MOO means. matter of opinion. Master of Orion.. MUD, Object Oriented.. MOO Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to ...
- Moo Meaning
Video shows what moo means. The characteristic sound made by a cow or bull.. A foolish woman.. moo pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by ...
- Idiom Origins: Moo Juice
Jakin can delete his Christian Mingle account now.
- American Slang with Heman- Moo Juice
- The MC Moo Machine: Explanation Video!!!
Rube Goldberg machine- created for a physics assignment. Watch the video at...
- Moo cow Meaning
Video shows what moo cow means. a cow.. Moo cow Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say moo cow. Powered by MaryTTS ...
View more videos about Moo goo gai pan.
See also the pronunciation examples of Moo!
Quotes about Moo
The ox spoke and said ""Moo.""
more quotes about moo...
Scrabble value of M3O1O1
The value of this 3-letter word is 5 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of MOO
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Moo!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Moo to see it in context!