Moron appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- No Roman ward’s drawn a moron.
- Tense, I burn a moron no Roman rubies net.
- Yell: "A moron I lap harasses Sarah Palin or O’Malley!"
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun moron:
On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun moron
What does moron mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: morons
- a person of subnormal intelligence
Alternative definition of the noun moron
- [obsolete] A person of borderline intelligence in the former classification of mental retardation, having of an intelligence quotient of 50-69.
- [informal] A person who makes uncool, unfunny, uninteresting, or irrelevant (see lame) attempts to impress others and draw attention to himself, especially in a flawed attempt to act like someone else.
- [slang] An idiot.
- Moron a.k.a. Mörön is the administrative center of Khövsgöl Aimag in northern Mongolia. Before 1933, Khatgal had been the Aimag capital.
- read more about Mörön
- Moron a.k.a. Morón is city and municipalities in Ciego de Ávila Province in central Cuba. It is one of ten municipalities in the province, and is the second in importance and the oldest. Morón is the closest city to the tourist resorts on Cayo Coco and Cayo Guillermo.
- The Moron is a mountain of the Jura, located north of Malleray in the canton of Bern.
- part of Canton of Bern
There are other places with in their name, like Châtel-Moron.
Moron is a record label.
"Moron" is a composition.
- Moron is a term once used in psychology to denote mild intellectual disability. The term was closely tied with the American eugenics movement. Once the term became popularized, it fell out of use by the psychological community, as it was used more commonly as an insult than as a psychological term.
- Moron is the name of a location and a king in the Book of Ether in the Book of Mormon. They are both connected with the Jaredite people.
- Moron: A bacteriophage moron is an extra gene in prophage genomes that do not have a phage function in the lysogenic cycle.
- Moron was an ancient city mentioned by Strabo. Several hypothesis exist related to its location, but a location near Santarém is strongly considered.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Moron
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Your Call Is Important to Us (2005)
The Truth About Bullshit by Laura Penny
Expert is the lengthy contract you sign to get a loan or mortgage from a bank, and Moron is the brightly colored brochure that encouraged you to bank at the First National House of Usury. Expert is the snarl of subsidiaries and tax dodges ...
Soccer For Dummies (2013)
by Thomas Dunmore, Scott Murray
Deportivo Moron (Argentina): Moron is a district in Buenos Aires. ✓ Club Destroyers (Bolivia): Having never won a Bolivian title, this second-tier club struggles to live up to its name. ✓ The Strongest (Bolivia): The oldest club in Bolivia. A battle ...
by CTI Reviews
A bacteriophage moron is an extra gene in prophage genomes.
by United States. Bureau of the Census, National Institute of Mental Health (U.S.). Biometrics Branch, National Institute of Mental Health (U.S.). Biometry Branch. Survey and Reports Section, National Institute of Mental Health (U.S.). Office of Biometry. Survey and Reports Section
A moron is a mentally defective person usually having a mental age of 6 to 11 years, Inclusive, or, if a child, an Intelligence quotient of 50 or more. As a rule, the upper limit for a diagnosis of mental deficiency should be an intelligence quotient ...
American Surnames (1986)
by Elsdon Coles Smith
Moron is a diminutive form of the name More "swarthy." Mule is a German name from muhle "mill," the dweller near the mill. Quarrells came from Quarles "circles" in Norfolk. German Sapp cannot be interpreted from the current slang meaning, ...
by F. Diez
moron s une from the nose dto., Sp. Pg. also = glanders. From morons, cf. It. moruiglione measles, L. L. тиши. Pr. norma may be connected with Fr. увитые. From marmo comes О. Е. mormat a gangrene (= morve mal). Horne Fr.
by Julia Cresswell
moron. Early use was as a medical term for an adult with a mental age of about 8 –12. It comes from Greek mōron, the neuter of mōros 'foolish'.
Fools inane moron nincompoop nit.
by Peter Groves
Moron. in. a. Hurry. A regrettable expression in this day and age, first used by Foster...
A Santali-English dictionary (1899)
by A. R. Campbell
Moron. Death. Moron arak. A wild plant the leaves of which are eaten as a potherb, Gymnema hirsutus, W. & A., var Decaisneanum, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Moron
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Moron
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: brennan.v
Photo credit: dblackadder
Photo credit: Steve Burt
First guy to the stop light get in the right lane blocking folks from turning right because he wants to make a left turn.
Photo credit: Tobyotter
Photo credit: erokism
Photo credit: kozemchuk
Photo credit: FolsomNatural
Photo credit: Steve Burt
- Tour de Moron
by Mario Botta
Photo credit: Rosmarie Voegtli
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Moron
Click on an item to play that video:
- Moron Meaning
Video shows what moron means. A person of borderline intelligence in the former classification of mental retardation, having an intelligence quotient of 50-69.
- Super Moron Chris Matthews Gives His Definition of Racism
What an idiot.
- 3rd Place Nick Moron WAVY, Portsmouth Definition of an Athlete
- Gotham City Impostors - The Literal Definition of A Moron - True Story
- "Language, You Drunk Moron"
- Dictionary - Moron
See also the pronunciation examples of Moron!
Quotes about Moron
Scrabble value of M3O1R1O1N1
The value of this 5-letter word is 7 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine