Mort Mills was an American film and television actor who had roles in over 200 movies and television episodes. He was often the town lawman or the local bad guy in many popular westerns of the 1950s and 1960s. From 1957-1959 he had a recurring co-starring role as Marshal Frank Tallman in Man Without a Gun. Other recurring roles were as Sergeant Ben Landro in the Perry Mason series and Sheriff Fred Madden in The Big Valley. In 1958, he guest starred as a particularly greedy bounty hunter who clashes with Steve McQueen's character of Josh Randall in the CBS western series, Wanted: Dead or Alive.
- also known as Mort Hall, Mortimer Morris Kaplan
- born on (95 years ago) in New York City
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Actor
- died on (21 years ago) in Ventura of burn
- "The Outlaws IS Coming!"
- played Highway Patrol Officer in "Psycho"
- played Al Schwartz (District Attorney's Assistant) in "Touch of Evil"
- "The Iron Sheriff"
- "Soldier Blue"
- played Farmer in "Torn Curtain"
- "Affair in Trinidad"
- "Strategy of Terror"
- "Gunfight at Comanche Creek"
- "Cry Vengeance"
- played Carmack in "The Marauders"
- "Bullet for a Badman"
- played Cagle in "The Quick Gun"
- played Photographer #3 (Uncredited) in "It Should Happen to You"
- played Sam Mason (Archive Footage) in "Davy Crockett and the River Pirates"
- TV series:
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Mort Mills (actor)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Mort Mills for some fun with words!