On this page:
Mot is sometimes a misspelling of not.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun mot
What does mot mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: mots
- a clever remark
- region: France / French Republic
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- synonym of mot: bon mot
- more generic words: humor / humour / wit / witticism / wittiness = a message whose ingenuity or verbal skill or incongruity has the power to evoke laughter
- a compulsory annual test of older motor vehicles for safety and exhaust fumes
Alternative definition of the noun mot
- A witty comment.
- [slang, Irish English] A girl, woman or girlfriend, particularly in the Dublin area.
- MOT a.k.a. The Museum of Tolerance, a multimedia museum in Los Angeles, California, United States, is designed to examine racism and prejudice around the world with a strong focus on the history of the Holocaust. Established in 1993, as the educational arm of human rights organization, the Simon Wiesenthal Center, MOT also deals with atrocities in Cambodia and Latin America, along with issues like bullying and hate crimes.
- read more about Museum of Tolerance
- Mot a.k.a. Minot International Airport is in Ward County, North Dakota, two miles north of the city of Minot, which owns it. The National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015 categorized it as a primary commercial service airport.
- MOT is a rapper from Russia.
- MOT a.k.a. Tom Stevens is a musical artist.
- read more about Tom Stevens
MOT is a musical group, record producers.
- "Mot" is a musical album of Susanne Lundeng.
- released on (4 years ago)
- "Mot" is a musical album of itHz.
- released in (13 years ago)
"Mot" is a 2013 crime drama film written and directed by Hobin Seo.
- country: South Korea
- language: Korean Language
- producer: Byung-June Kim
- production design by Sunha Kim
- art direction by Sun-ha Kim
- written by Hobin Seo
- cinematography by Jung-hoon Yang
- edited by Lee Do-Hyeon
- music by Sung-hwan Ahn
- genres: Crime Fiction, Drama, East Asian cinema, World cinema
- rating: 15+
- released in
"MOT" is a video game.
- developer: Opera Soft
- genres: Adventure game, Action game
- publisher: Opera Soft
- Mot: In Ugaritic Mot 'Death' is personified as a god of death. The word is cognate with forms meaning 'death' in other Semitic and Afro-Asiatic languages: with Arabic موت mawt; with Hebrew מות; with Maltese mewt; with Syriac mautā; with Ge'ez mot; with Canaanite, Egyptian, Berber, Aramaic, Nabataean, and Palmyrene מות; with Jewish Aramaic, Christian Palestinian Aramaic, and Samaritan מותא; with Mandaean muta; with Akkadian mūtu; with Hausa mutuwa; and with Angas mut. The name of the god, in its abstract meaning of death, survives use in the English language in the game of chess, "mate".
- MOT is a contemporary art gallery in east London run by Chris Hammond.
- MOT is a Norwegian organization formed to combat youth violence and drug use. In Norwegian the word mot is a homonym, meaning both courage and against.
- official website: www.mot.no
- Mot a.k.a. Barí Language: Barí is a Chibchan language spoken in Northwestern South America by the Baris. The Motilones are sometimes called "dobocubi", but this is a pejorative term.
- also known as Bari, Motilone, Motilón, Barí
- Mot is a French children's animated television series about a purple monster. Based on the children's comics by Alfonso Azpiri, Mot is from the Monstrous Organicus Telluricus family. The series follows Mot's adventures with his human friend Leo.
- Mot is a file format.
- Mot a.k.a. heat shock 70kDa protein 9 (mortalin) is a gene.
- also known as stress-70 protein, mitochondrial; heat shock 70kD protein 9B (mortalin-2); heat shock 70kD protein 9; 75 kDa glucose regulated protein; heat shock 70kDa protein 9B (mortalin-2); mortalin, perinuclear; p66-mortalin; heat shock 70kDa protein 9B; peptide-binding protein 74
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Mot
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Creating Electronic Government by George Lawson
Getting an MOT means being able to cross- reference details of car insurance with the DVLC. But it doesn't mean you want information on how to get a passport or a dog licence at the same time.Services will need to be smart,capable of ...
With a History of Its Origin and Development. Designed for Use in Schools and Families by William Chauncey Fowler
Mot is an adverb of negation; how is an adverb of manner. See § 369. To is a preposition. See § 371. For is a conjunction. See § 375. A N A L Y Z E T H E F O L L OW IN G E X. A M P L E S. 1. Conversation enriches the understanding, but ...
Total Basic Skills, Grade 2 (2012)
by American Education Publishing
Draw a line to the ,mOT means The O Osife of The bold Word antonyms. pp ' Directions: Write the homophone from the box next to each picture. bottom outside black summer after dark empty light sister clean last evening so See blew pear ...
500 QCM d'anglais (2006)
by Axel Delmotte
Attention, le mot means comporte un -s final qui n'est pas une marque de pluriel. A mean existe aussi, mais signifie « une moyenne ». 12. During ne s'emploie jamais pour introduire une duree mais un cadre temporel (winter, war, holidays...) .
A characteristic bon mot is a kind of oral caricature, copies of which are multiplied by every tongue which utters it; and it is much less injurious or mortifying to be the object of a satirical work, which is sclom read but once, and ...
The Many Voices of Job (2009)
by Loren R. Fisher
Mot is the 9. The. Ancient. Folktale. of. Job.
Book Six of 'The Wayfarer Redemption' by Sara Douglass
Mot is the Demon of dawn and of hunger. MOTHER, The: either the Avar name for Fernbrake Lake, or an allembracing term for nature which is sometimes personified as an immortal woman. MURKLE BAY: a huge bay off the western coast of ...
by Walter Hamilton (M.R.A.S.)
MOS–MOT Mosaic (mosaique, French.) In the Arts, mosaic is a kind of Painting in small pebbles and shells of various colours, pieces of glass, marble, &c., cemented on a ground of stucco. Moschus. The Musk animal. In Zoology, a genus of ...
Johnson's dictionary of the English language, in miniature. Johnson's English dictionary in miniature; with the addition of several thousand words, and the pronunciation, on the basis of Walker. To which is subjoined, a concise heathen mythology, and numerous other useful tables ... Adapted for the use of schools. Eighth edition. Adapted by the Rev. Joseph Hamilton (1848)
mot painful, giving no pain Unpal'atable, a. nauseous, disgusting Umpar'agoned, a. unequalled, unmatched Unparalleled, a. having no equal, &c. Unpar'donable, a. mot to be forgiven ...
by Abraham Rees
Mot.cyana 7.M.Madnarnatemar Pr-toArenrnar rc muswrnrprc ronhrn-Lanzan rc sorr 7Lan.nn "c rav ratarprc.、、『『P互エ互「4TW五 IT s-Aで"ssT) */*『零-T4ss, * Pubarhol a se for dirrot pec.a.sda &y towman.munw Awarownce Brown nucrnorar Ro".
A Dictionary of the English Language, compiled from Dr. Johnson: with the addition of words since familiarized to us. Also a dictionary of the heathen mythology. To which is added a complete list of all the cities, boroughs, towns, and remarkable villages in England and Wales. And a comprehensive view of English grammar. A new edition (1812)
by Samuel Johnson
mot steady, not fixed. Unsev'ered, a. not divided, not parted. Unshac 'kle, v. a. to loose from chains. Unsha'keable, a.. not to be shaken, firm. Unsha' ken, a not moved, not shaken. Unsha'pen, a.deformed, misshaped, ugly.
Papers in honour of Maurice Gross by Christian Leclère, Éric Laporte, Mireille Piot, Max Silberztein
Présentation générale des DELAF De prime abord, l'analyse automatique des textes suppose que chaque mot formel simple rencontré puisse être trouvé dans un dictionnaire afin d'être identifié sur le plan grammatical. Par exemple, nations ...
Including All the Words and Phrases Generally Used in Medicine, with Their Proper Pronunciation and Definitions-- by George Milbry Gould
mot. Pathogenesis not determined. Bacillus hominis capsulatus, Bordoni- Uffreduzzi. Syn., Proteus capsulatus septicus, Banli. Proteus hominis capsulatus, Bordoni- Uffreduzzi. Bacillus of rag-picker's disease.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Mot
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Mot
Click on an item to view that photo:
Leica M3, DR summicron 5cm f2, Presto400
Photo credit: revelyrist
Leica M3, DR summicron 5cm f2, Presto400
Photo credit: revelyrist
not much guess work, you've either seen it or you ain't
Photo credit: aubergene
- Mot & Suiram
Photo credit: Kirtap Novar
- Carrie and Mot
Photo credit: David C. Foster
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Mot
Click on an item to play that video:
- MOT Definition: Intro to basic definitions
- Mot Meaning
Video shows what mot means. A witty remark; a witticism; a bon mot.. A word or a motto; a device.. A note or brief strain on a bugle.. mot pronunciation. How to ...
- Mot Meaning
Video shows what Mot means. Canaanite god of death and the underworld.. Mot Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say Mot.
- MOT Meaning
Video shows what MOT means. Ministry of Transport test; an annual test of roadworthiness for British cars over three years old.. management of technology..
- Online Parashah (Torah Portion) Class: Parashat Sh'mot -- The Meaning of the Name "Moses"
Moses is arguably the most famous man in the entire Bible and his name means so much to so many people. Yet where did his name come from? Is it Egyptian ...
- Definition du mot "BASE" dans minecraft V.1 Niv medium
- Definition du mot "Clutch"
- La definition du mot (folie) ;)
- Je vous donne un compte Equideow ! mot de passe en description !
Le pseudo : Nathali 2 mot de passe : Ciboulette123.
See also the pronunciation examples of Mot!
Quotes about Mot
Dans une antichambre
Entrez avec les penses
Les mots_ces sont
Ces sont été
Comme une rêve de la langue
Dans une antichambre
Je n'ai qu'un mot a vous dire
© Miroslava Odalovic (Miroslava Odalovic)
more quotes about mot...
Scrabble value of M3O1T1
The value of this 3-letter word is 5 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of MOT
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Mot!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Mot to see it in context!