On this page:
- Mr. Doctor a.k.a. Janusz Korczak, the pen name of Henryk Goldszmit, was a Polish-Jewish educator, children's author, and pediatrician known as Pan Doktor or Stary Doktor. After spending many years working as director of an orphanage in Warsaw, he refused freedom and stayed with his orphans when the institution was sent from the Ghetto to the Treblinka extermination camp, during the Grossaktion Warsaw of 1942.
- read more about Janusz Korczak (writer)
- Mr. Doctor is the leader of and creative drive behind the experimental rock band Devil Doll.
"Mr. Doctor" is a 1916 Hungarian film directed by Michael Curtiz.
- also known as Doktor úr
- country: Hungary
- written by Sándor Incze
- based on a story by Ferenc Molnár
- cinematography by József Bécsi
- genre: Silent film
- released in (99 years ago)
"Mr. Doctor" is a composition.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Mr. Doctor
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Richard B. Armstrong, Mary Willems Armstrong
James Brolin played District Attorney, Mr. Doctor in the House Series Dogs.
A literary and biographical history or bibliographical dictionary of the English Catholics from 1534
by Joseph Gillow
The said Mr. Doctor is president of the council at the college, and generally every afternoon do they sit to deliberate of all causes. The councillors names are these following : Parsons, judge ; Walpole, Stephens, Smythe, Owen, Dr. Haydock, ...
by James Champlin Fernald, Frank H. Vizetelly
•Mr. Doctor of Divinity.— d. d., oMr. Days alter date. ate.— D. D. &., attor. Doctor o( Dental Surgery. fc1, ld>;2de, prep. Of: in phrases or proper names. IF.) " . prep. From: of: used In Latin phrases. [L.) — de-, From: down; out: used with ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Mr. Doctor
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Mr. Doctor
Photo credit: jennnster
Quotes about Mr. Doctor
The superior doctor prevents sickness; The mediocre doctor attends to impending sickness; The inferior doctor treats actual sickness.