On this page:
- Definition of the noun mya
- Phrases with Mya
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Mya
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Mya
- Photos about Mya
- Videos about Mya
- Sign language
- Quotes about Mya
- Scrabble value of M3Y4A1
- Anagrams of MYA
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun mya
What does mya mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- type genus of the family Myacidae
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- synonym of Mya: genus Mya
- more generic term: mollusk genus = a genus of mollusks
- member of: family Myacidae / Myacidae = soft-shell clams
- member: soft-shell clam / long-neck clam / Mya arenaria / steamer clam / steamer = an edible clam with thin oval-shaped shell found in coastal regions of the United States and Europe
Alternative definition of the noun mya
- million years ago
- million years ago
- Mya a.k.a. Myanmar: Burma, officially the Republic of the Union of Myanmar, commonly shortened to Myanmar, is a sovereign state in Southeast Asia bordered by Bangladesh, India, China, Laos and Thailand. One third of Burma's total perimeter of 1,930 kilometres forms an uninterrupted coastline along the Bay of Bengal and the Andaman Sea. Burma's population of over 50 million makes it the world's 25th most populous country and, at 676,578 square kilometres, it is the world's 40th largest country and the second largest in Southeast Asia. Its capital city is Naypyidaw and its largest city is Yangon.
- also known as Republic of the Union of Myanmar, Myanmar (Burma), ミャンマー連邦共和国, Burma, Union of Burma
- founded in (971 years ago)
- part of Asia, Southeast Asia, Eurasia, Indochina, Indochinese peninsula, Malay Peninsula
- instance of: Asian country / Asian nation = any one of the nations occupying the Asian continent
- member of: ASEAN / Association of Southeast Asian Nations = an association of nations dedicated to economic and political cooperation in southeastern Asia and who joined with the United States to fight against global terrorism
- member: Burmese = a native or inhabitant of Myanmar
- read more about Myanmar (country)
- Mya a.k.a. Moruya Airport is an airport located 3.5 NM northeast of Moruya, New South Wales, Australia.
- part of New South Wales
- Mya a.k.a. Mýa Marie Harrison, better known as Mýa, is an American hip hop and R&B singer, record producer, philanthropist, and actress. Harrison's eponymous debut album with Interscope Records was released in April 1998. It sold over one million copies in the United States, producing the gold-certified top ten single "It's All About Me" featuring Sisqó. Her second studio album, platinum-plus selling Fear of Flying was released in 2000 and became a worldwide success, with single "Case of the Ex" becoming Mýa's breakthrough hit; topping the Australian Singles Chart for two consecutive weeks.
- read more about Mýa
- Mya: In astronomy, geology, and paleontology, mya or "m.y.a." is an abbreviation for "million years ago". Like the related unit bya, mya is traditionally written in lower case. The deprecated abbreviation m.yr. is still used informally to refer to remote time intervals.
- Mya a.k.a. Mya Mason is an African American porn star.
- read more about Mya Mason
Mya is a zoo animal.
- zoo: Toronto Zoo
- Mya a.k.a. Miyah is a fictional character from 1983 anime tv series Future Police Urashiman.
- read more about Miyah
- Mya is a fictional character from the play Bastards of Strindberg: High Powered.
- Mya is a fictional character from the book Elephant Run.
- Mya is a fictional character from the 2010 film Preacher's Kid.
- Mya is a fictional character from the 2013 film Charity Case.
- Mya is a fictional character from the 2012 film Think Like A Man.
- Mya is a fictional character from the 1990 film Where the Heart is.
- Mya is a fictional film character.
"Mya" a.k.a. "Mýa": Mýa is the eponymous debut studio album by American recording artist Mýa. It was her first studio album for then-record label Interscope Records released April 21, 1998. Harrison was signed by Haaq Islam after a living room audition at the age of 16 to Interscope Records. Once signed she began the process of recording her self-titled studio album and recorded the album between the time period of 1997–98 at Silent Sound Studios in Atlanta, Georgia and at The Record Plant in Los Angeles, California.
- read more about Mýa
- Mya is an Italian Entertainment TV channel, owned by Mediaset and broadcast on Premium Gallery, a pay television network available on Digital terrestrial television in Italy. Its transmission started January 18, 2008 with the pilot episode of Gossip Girl.
- Mya was an intelligent personal assistant under development by Motorola. Proposed features for the program included the ability to read emails and answer questions 24 hours a day. Mya was intended to work with an internet service Motorola was developing called Myosphere. Mya was planned to be a paid service that would eventually be used by other mobile carriers. A female computer-generated character was created to represent Mya in advertising. While the quality of the character's animation was praised, it received criticism for being over sexualised. Both the character and the program were announced to the public via an advertisement in March 2000, though the program was not ready for use at that time. Despite the announcement generating a considerable amount of attention, little was heard regarding the project in subsequent months. The program was never officially released nor cancelled, though the trademarks for both Myosphere and Mya were abandoned by Motorola in 2002. The name Mya was believed to be a play on the words 'My assistant'.
- developer: Motorola
- genres: Intelligent personal assistant, Intelligent software assistant
- license: Proprietary software
- released on (14 years ago)
- MYA is a website.
- also known as Airport Code MYA, MYA Airport Code, Moruya Airport
Phrases with Mya
- Mya Alba
- Mya Lata
- Mya Acuta
- Mya Gigas
- Mya Perna
- Mya Picea
- Mya Tugon
- Mya Virgo
- Mya Eideri
- Mya Inopia
- Mya Nitens
- Mya Nitida
- Mya Ovalis
- Mya Pullus
- Mya Tenuis
- Mya abrupta
- Mya Anatina
- Mya Arctica
- Mya baxteri
- genus mya
View more phrases with the word Mya in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Mya
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
30 Classroom Activities by Victor Sampson, Sharon Schleigh
mya is the midpoint of the Holocene stage and 0.8 mya is the midpoint of the Pleistocene stage.
Imperial Pagan (1989)
Art and Architecture of Old Burma by Paul Strachan
45: Pa-hto-tha-mya mya is a considerably more articulate and sophisticated work than either of these two temples. Another criterion for dating Early temples is the evolution of the upper shrine and here, unlike ...
With Copious Notes, Containing All the New Discoveries in the Phenomena of Nature, Interspersed with Numerous Anecdotes of the Lives, Manners, and Instinct of the Animal Kingdom ; Selected from the Most Authentic Sources by Thomas Brown
But what renders it most famous is the beautiful pears it so frequently contains, THE PEARL MYA Is a strong ovate shell, generally covered with a strong black or olive-green epidermis. It is an inhabitant of rapid rivers in most parts of the north ...
Tracking Tyrannosaurs (2013)
Meet T. Rex's Fascinating Family, from Tiny Terrors to Feathered Giants by Christopher Sloan, Xing Lida, Xu Xing, Philip Currie
mya Mya is an abbreviation for "million years ago." olfactory lobe The olfactory lobe is ...
by American Heritage Dictionary
mya 245 mya largest known mass extinction ,144 mya Jurassic Period earliest birds Triassic Period first dinosaurs and earliest mammals Cretaceous Period flowering plants develop and first modern mammals appear extinction of ...
The Horse Encyclopedia (2016)
by Elwyn Hartley Edwards
MYA The split in the caballines that led to the appearance of the now-extinct tarpan, modern horse, and Przewalksi's MODERN HORSE PRZEWALSKI' SHORSE MOUNTAIN ZEBRA GREY'SZEBRA PLAINS ZEBRA DONKEY (5,000 ...
by Joan C. Stevenson
Divergence nodes are estimated at: Cercopithecoidea, 27 to 33 million years ago (mya); gibbons, 18 to 22 mya; ...
by Graeme Barker
MYA. The type specimen, OH 7, is a juvenile cranium with part of the lower jaw together ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Mya
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Mya
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: amseaman
Photo credit: rengber
Mya is a precocious 6 year-old. She's from Perth, Australia.
Photo credit: Trans World Productions
Photo credit: 22n
Photo credit: DiddyOh
Photo credit: 22n
- Baby Mya
Simple one light set up. Single Yongnuo 560iii and white shoot-through umbrella.
Photo credit: Alex Matravers
- Client: Mya Audebarn
Photo credit: - Thati Boucher -
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Mya
Click on an item to play that video:
- MYA Meaning
Video shows what MYA means. Million years ago.. The Burmese language (ISO 639 alpha-3, mya). MYA Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary ...
- Mya's explanation texts - Year 4
- Mya speaks on the meaning of "Fallen"
Mya speaks on song and video for "Fallen"
- Mya Meaning
Video shows what mya means. million years ago. Mya Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say mya. Powered by MaryTTS ...
- Mya gamm 13 months made up her own language
See also the pronunciation examples of Mya!
SET FIRE TO THE RAIN...Dance and sign language by Mya
Quotes about Mya
Scrabble value of M3Y4A1
The value of this 3-letter word is 8 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of MYA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Mya!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Mya to see it in context!