On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun nc
What does nc mean as a name of something?
- a state in southeastern United States; one of the original 13 colonies
- lexical domain: Locations - nouns denoting spatial position
- alternative spelling: N.C.
- synonyms of NC: North Carolina / Old North State / Tar Heel State
- instance of: American state = one of the 50 states of the United States
- part of: America / the States / U.S. / U.S.A. / United States / United States of America / US / USA = North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean; South = the region of the United States lying to the south of the Mason-Dixon line; Carolina / Carolinas = the area of the states of North Carolina and South Carolina
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park = a national park in Tennessee and North Carolina that includes the highest mountain in the eastern United States
- Cape Fear = a cape in southeastern North Carolina extending into the Atlantic Ocean
- Cape Hatteras = a promontory on Hatteras Island off the Atlantic coast of North Carolina
- Hatteras Island = a barrier island running parallel to the North Carolina shore
- capital of North Carolina / Raleigh = capital of the state of North Carolina
- Asheville = a town in western North Carolina in the Blue Ridge Mountains to the west of Charlotte
- Chapel Hill = a town in central North Carolina
- Queen City / Charlotte = the largest city in North Carolina
- Durham = a city of north central North Carolina
- Fayetteville = a town in south central North Carolina
- Goldsboro = a town that is a major tobacco center in eastern North Carolina
- Greensboro = a city of north central North Carolina
- Greenville = a city in eastern North Carolina
- Wilmington = a town in southeastern North Carolina on the Cape Fear River
- Winston-Salem = a city of north central North Carolina
- Blue Ridge Mountains / Blue Ridge = a range of the Appalachians extending from southern Pennsylvania to northern Georgia
- Cape Fear River = a river in North Carolina that flows southeast to the Atlantic Ocean at Cape Fear
- Pee Dee River / Pee Dee = a river that flows through central North Carolina and northeastern South Carolina to the Atlantic Ocean
- member of: Confederacy / Confederate States / Confederate States of America / Dixie / Dixieland / South = the southern states that seceded from the United States in 1861
- NC a.k.a. North Carolina is a state in the Southeastern United States. The state borders South Carolina and Georgia to the south, Tennessee to the west, Virginia to the north, and the Atlantic Ocean to the east. North Carolina is the 28th most extensive and the 10th most populous of the 50 United States. North Carolina is known as the Tar Heel State and the Old North State.
- read more about North Carolina (state)
- Nc a.k.a. New Caledonia is a special collectivity of France located in the southwest Pacific Ocean, 1,210 km east of Australia and 16,136 km east of Metropolitan France. The archipelago, part of the Melanesia subregion, includes the main island of Grande Terre, the Loyalty Islands, the Chesterfield Islands, the Belep archipelago, the Isle of Pines, and a few remote islets. The Chesterfield Islands are in the Coral Sea. Locals refer to Grande Terre as "Le Caillou".
- also known as Territoiredesnouvellecaledonieetdependances, Territoire Des Nouvelle-Calédonie Et Dépendances, Territoire Des Nouvelle-Caledonie Et Dependances, Nouvelle-Calédonie
- country: France
- instance of: island = a land mass (smaller than a continent) that is surrounded by water
- read more about New Caledonia (country)
Who is nc?
NC: Hiroyoshi Kato, or NC, is a sound producer who works for NoisyCroak, hence the acronym "NC" that he uses as alias under which he chooses to be credited as artist for his work.
- also known as Hiroyoshi Kato; Kato, Hiroyoshi; 加藤浩義
- profession: Sound producer
- member of musical group NC
- read more about NC (composer)
- Nc a.k.a. NC+ is a Polish digital satellite platform, owned and operated by French media company Canal+.
- official website: www.cyfraplus.pl
- Nc a.k.a. Cobham Aviation Services Australia, is a scheduled and charter airline with its Headquarters based in Adelaide, Australia.
- official website: www.nationaljet.com.au
- Nc a.k.a. Northern Air Cargo is an American cargo airline based in Anchorage, Alaska, USA. It operates services within Alaska and to Canada and mainland USA. Its main base is Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport, with a hub at Fairbanks International Airport.
- official website: www.northernaircargo.com
- NC is an automobile generation.
- Nc a.k.a. Methylamine is the organic compound with a formula of CH₃NH₂. This colorless gas is a derivative of ammonia, but with one H atom replaced by a methyl group. It is the simplest primary amine. It is sold as a solution in methanol, ethanol, THF, and water, or as the anhydrous gas in pressurized metal containers. Industrially, methylamine is transported in its anhydrous form in pressurized railcars and tank trailers. It has a strong odor similar to fish. Methylamine is used as a building block for the synthesis of many other commercially available compounds. Over 1 million tonnes are produced annually.
- also known as Imizin, Aminomethane, Carbinamine, Metilamine, Mercurialin, MMA, Methanamine, Metyloamina, Monomethylamine
- NC: In complexity theory, the class NC is the set of decision problems decidable in polylogarithmic time on a parallel computer with a polynomial number of processors. In other words, a problem is in NC if there exist constants c and k such that it can be solved in time O using O parallel processors. Stephen Cook coined the name "Nick's class" after Nick Pippenger, who had done extensive research on circuits with polylogarithmic depth and polynomial size.
- nc: .nc is the Internet country code top-level domain for New Caledonia.
- also known as .nc
- official website: www.cctld.nc
- NC a.k.a. Neurogenic claudication is a common symptom of lumbar spinal stenosis, or inflammation of the nerves emanating from the spinal cord. Neurogenic means that the problem originates with a problem at a nerve, and claudication, from the Latin for limp, because the patient feels a painful cramping or weakness in the legs. NC should therefore be distinguished from vascular claudication, which is when the claudication stems from a circulatory problem, not a neural problem.
- read more about Neurogenic claudication
- NC is a platform.
Scrabble value of N1C3
The value of this 2-letter word is 4 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.