On this page:
Nam is sometimes a misspelling of name.
Nam a.k.a. Namibia, officially the Republic of Namibia, is a country in southern Africa whose western border is the Atlantic Ocean. It shares land borders with Angola and Zambia to the north, Botswana to the east and South Africa to the south and east. Although it does not border Zimbabwe, less than 200 metres of riverbed separates them at their closest points. It gained independence from South Africa on 21 March 1990, following the Namibian War of Independence. Its capital and largest city is Windhoek. Namibia is a member state of the United Nations, the Southern African Development Community, the African Union, and the Commonwealth of Nations.
- also known as République de Namibie, Namibya, 纳米比亚, Republic of Namibia, South West Africa
- founded on (24 years ago)
- part of Africa, Southern Africa
- instance of: African country / African nation = any one of the countries occupying the African continent
- read more about Namibia (country)
- Nam a.k.a. Nam Hoang is a pilot.
- read more about Nam Hoang
- Nam a.k.a. Sirimon Na Nakorn is the spouse of Rewat Voravat.
- read more about Sirimon Na Nakorn
- Nam is the fictional character from the 2009 Hong Kong film Permanent Residence.
- Nam is a fictional character from the 2010 film First Love.
- Nam is a fictional character from the 2000 drama, romance film When I Fall in Love... with Both.
- Nam is a fictional character in the 2009 drama film The Legend Is Alive.
- Nam is a fictional character from the 2006 film Journey from the Fall.
- Nam is a fictional character from the 2010 television series Songkran Hang Kwarm Ruk.
- Nam is a fictional character from the 2005 film 2 Young.
- Nam is a fictional character from the 1981 film Quest for Fire.
- Nam is a fictional character from the 2013 film Christmas Rose.
- Nam is a fictional character from the 2011 film Pearls of the Far East.
- Nam is a fictional character from the 2002 film The Mummy, Aged 19.
- Nam a.k.a. Shulgi Nam is a fictional character from Birth.
- read more about Shulgi Nam
- Nam a.k.a. Tipthara Adisuan is a fictional character from the 2010 drama television series.
- read more about Tipthara Adisuan
"NAM" was a commercial Build engine first person shooter set during the Vietnam War and designed by the TNT Team, creators of the Platoon total conversion for Duke Nukem 3D, picked up by Infogrames and put them to work remaking Platoon with more professional art and some custom source code modifications by Matt Saettler, who is the originator of the EDuke project. U.S. Marine Sergeant Dan Snyder, who helped pioneer computer simulation training for American troops with a Doom army mod, was a consultant on the project. A sequel was released the following year in 1999 called, World War II GI.
- mode: Single-player video game, Multiplayer video game
- released on (16 years ago)
- NAM a.k.a. The Non-Aligned Movement is a group of states which are not formally aligned with or against any major power bloc. As of 2012, the movement has 120 members and 17 observer countries.
- read more about Non-Aligned Movement
- NAM a.k.a. The National Association of Manufacturers is an advocacy group headquartered in Washington, D.C., United States, with 10 additional offices across the country. It is the nation’s largest manufacturing industrial trade association, representing 11,000 small and large manufacturing companies in every industrial sector and in all 50 states.
- read more about National Association of Manufacturers
- Nam a.k.a. Ngan’gityemerri language: Ngan’gityemerri—or Ngan’gi for short—is an indigenous language spoken in the Daly River region of Australia’s Northern Territory. The language is spoken in three mutually intelligible dialects: Ngan’gikurunggurr, Ngen’giwumirri, and Ngan’gimerri, which are 90% cognate but distinct languages sociolinguistically. Ngan’gi is spoken by about 150-200 people in the region around the Daly River and in a number of smaller outstations on traditional lands.
- also known as Ngankikurrunkurr, Ngangikarangurr, Ngenkikurrunggur, Nangikurunggurr
- Nam a.k.a. pncA is a gene.
- Nam is a Thai TV series honoring King Bhumibol Adulyadej.
- Nam is a file format.
- Nam is an human language.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Nam
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Outline Grammar of the ... (Khâmtî) Language as Spoken by the Khâmtîs Residing in the Neighbourhood of Sadiya, with Illustrative Sentences, Phrase-book and Vocabulary (1894)
by J. F. Needham
Nam is an assertive. t Kha nai is a verbal noun. J Mdngd show past time is meant, hence no verb required. Nam is an assertive particle. 1T TS is a numeral expletive used with animals. || Nai khau is the plural suffix. § Yau is the perfect tense ...
Marxism in Southeast Asia (1959)
A Study of Four Countries by Frank N. Trager
There is a constant demand for agrarian reform, since South Viet Nam is an area where land reform can have real...
by Robert E. Looney
Today, Viet Nam is a middle-income country. It may not be growing as quickly as it...
Viet Nam is an agricultural powerhouse and a large exporter of garments and shoes; it is rapidly moving into the production of electronics. The speed of this ...
by group of authors
NB: NAM is a concept evading a systematically distinct “ten-word” encyclopedic definition ; it is about accepting the core of many religious systems about karma as a result and/or conclusion of all the previous deeds of an (ir) responsible ...
by Monroe Emanuel Deutsch
5, 1273 nam fuit in pretio; tum Lachmann, iam Bockemueller. Lachmann says nam is impossible “ quod causam indicat pro effectu.'' Here nam is an asseverative particle in the meaning ...
Metaphysics and Science (2013)
by Stephen Mumford, Matthew Tugby
NAM is a putative analysis of what a legitimate measurement method is. If correct, it's plausibly an explanatory starting point: Being a legitimate measurement method just is being nomologically reliable; ...
by Hugo Stokke, Astri Suhrke, Arne Tostensen, Oystein Rygg Haanaes
treatment of equal cases, which would provide less room for discretion than is the case in the Vietnamese legal system. SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC RIGHTS General Background Viet Nam is a party to the International Covenant on Economic, ...
Local setting Viet Nam is a low-income country with a health-care system that has seen considerable improvements and increased autonomy. However, parts of the system remain fairly centralized the Ministry of Health. Relevant changes ...
De-managing America (1976)
The Final Revolution by Richard C. Cornuelle
The NAM is a lot of things. It is an anachronism. It is a joke.
Rabies Control in Asia (2001)
by Betty Dodet
France " Centre de Pediatrie Developpement et Saute, Children 's Hospital N" 2, Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam Abstract - Viet Nam is a hyperenzootic area of rabies. Control of human rabies is currently based on suckling mouse brain vaccine for ...
The Redivision of Labor (1984)
Women and Economic Choice in Four Guatemalan Communities by Laurel Bossen
The Setting: Isolation, Contact, and Change T'oj Nam is a municipio of the northwest highlands of Guatemala, a region characterized by the persistence of Maya peasant communities with a network of small, urban market and administrative ...
by Alan Sanders
MNSDP Mongolian New Social Democratic Party/Mongolyn Shine Sot- sial Demokrat Nam MNSP Mongolian National Solidarity Party/Mongolyn Ündesniy Ev Negdliyn Nam MoAH Mongolyn Ardchilsan Holboo/Mongolian Democratic ...
by Andrew Robertson, Michael A. Morrison, William G. Shade, Robert Johnston, Robert Zieger, Thomas Langston, Richard Valelly
Beginning in 1902, with the accession of Indianapolis-based automobile and carriage manufacturer David Parry as the association's president, the NAM turned its attention largely to labor matters. Responding to a massive number of strikes ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Nam
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Nam
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about Nam Chung.
Videos about Nam
Click on an item to play that video:
- Alan Billups explains the meaning of Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
In 1999 Anthony "Amp" Elmore invited Nichiren Shoshu Buddhist Alan Billups who is a member of the Washington D.C. Temple to Memphis, Tennessee to ...
- What is the Meaning of Sat Nam in Yoga
What is the Meaning of Sat Nam in Yoga.
- 'nam Meaning
Video shows what 'nam means. Vietnam: a country in Southeast Asia.. Vietnam, the Vietnam War: a war fought in that country.. 'nam Meaning. How to ...
- Nam Myoho Renge Kyo - Benefits, Meaning, Experiences and Secret
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo chant? What are the Benefits, meaning, experiences, significado and the secret. Discover it at ...
- Radha nam meaning with importance
- Meaning of Singh & Kaur - Hari Nam Singh Khalsa
Main topic is the meaning of Singh and Kaur. Toronto - 2009.
- Nam Meaning
Video shows what Nam means. Vietnam, especially (in the US) the Vietnam War. Nam Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say Nam.
- KYA SOWHE NAM VISAR GAFAL GEHILIA KIRTAN MEANING
- Dialect - Nam navyzivaut
- Niela nam flag meaning
- Highest NAM PAX Donation Records w/out Explanation
- Verb+Verb #TeacherP'Nam
- Language Education at BETT 2014: New Trends - Kwai Nam Loh
See also the pronunciation examples of Nam!
Quotes about Nam
Scrabble value of N1A1M3
The value of this 3-letter word is 5 points. It is included in the second edition of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of NAM
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Nam!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Nam to see it in context!