Phrases with Nanda
- nanda devi
- Emblyna nanda
- Smicridea nanda
- species Emblyna nanda
- species Smicridea nanda
- Nanda is an Indian film actress of Hindi films.
- Nanda a.k.a. Gulzarilal Nanda was an Indian politician and an economist with specialization in labour problems. He was the interim Prime Minister of India twice for thirteen days each: the first time after the death of Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru in 1964, and the second time after the death of Prime Minister Lal Bahadur Shastri in 1966. The Government of India honoured Nanda with the Bharat Ratna award in 1997.
- Nanda a.k.a. Fernanda Torres: Fernanda Pinheiro Monteiro Torres is a Brazilian movie, theatre and television actress. She is the daughter of the Oscar-nominated actress Fernanda Montenegro and the actor Fernando Torres.
- Nanda: Prince Nanda was the younger half-brother of the Buddha. He shared the same father as the Buddha, King Śuddhodana and his mother, Mahapajapati Gotami, was the Buddha's mother's younger sister.
- Nanda: Princess Sundari Nanda was the half-sister of Siddhartha Gautama, who later became Gautama Buddha. She became a nun after the enlightenment of her half-brother and became the foremost bhikkhuni in the practise of jhana. She lived during the 6th century BCE in what is now Bihar and Uttar Pradesh in India.
- Nanda is an actor.
- profession: Actor
- read more about Nanda (actress)
There are other people with Nanda in their name, like Nyi Nanda, B.R. Nanda, Eric Nanda, J.K. Nanda, Nanda Giri, Rali Nanda, Ravi Nanda, Ritu Nanda, Leela Nanda and many others.
- Nanda is a fictional character from the 2007 film The Meadow of the Stars.
- Nanda is a fictional character from the 1971 film Trastevere.
- Nanda is a fictional character from Baharon Ki Manzil.
- Nanda is a fictional character from the 2000 film Badri.
- Nanda is a fictional character in the 2011 film Irene.
- Nanda is a fictional character from the 1956 film Aparajito.
- Nanda is a fictional character from the 2012 film Simhasanam.
- Nanda is a fictional character from the 2012 film Shudra: The Rising.
There are other characters with Nanda in their name, like Ravi Nanda and Nanda Kumar.
- NANDA International is a professional organization of nurses standardized nursing terminology that was officially founded in 1982 and develops, researches, disseminates and refines the nomenclature, criteria, and taxonomy of nursing diagnoses. In 2002, NANDA relaunched as NANDA International in response to the broadening scope of its membership. NANDA International published Nursing Diagnosis quarterly, which became the International Journal of Nursing Terminologies and Classifications in 2002.
- Nanda is a surname of Punjabis . Nanda is a Tarkhan and Kamboj surname. All the clans of Tarkhan, Lohar, Gujjar, Kamboj tribes have a close genetic and ancestral relationship with each other, and together they form the Khatri caste.
- Nanda or Nandagopa, according to the Harivamsha and the Puranas, was the head of the gopas.It is said that Nand Baba owned 9 lakhs of cows. Nandvanshis or Ahirs are descendants of Nand. The night of Krishna's appearance or birth, Vasudeva brought Krishna to Nanda for Krishna's childhood years. Nanda brought up both Krishna and Balarama. Nanda was married to Yasoda. Krishna derives his name Nandanandana from him. According to the Bhagwat Purana Nand Baba was a Vaisya by caste.
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Nanda
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
THE CLASH WITHIN (2008)
by Martha NUSSBAUM
Nanda is a person of high intellectual ...
1000 Names of Vishnu (1997)
A Selection with Commentary by Eknath Easwaran
Nanda means the groundand source ofalljoy. To attainthis supreme stateof joy, which brings fulfillment ofall personal desires, we have to learn to see the Lord in every person we meet. This vision brings a million times more joy thanintimate ...
Buddhist Tantra (2010)
A Philosophical Reflection and Religious Investigation by Lalan Prasad Singh
Hereby sonic Tanmatra, Swami Pratyagatma nanda means the sonic consciousness or Sabda-Brahman and not the sonic vibration. Mantra Sadhana is an esoteric technique to restore equilibrium or what is called Sahajavastha.
by V. Ravi
(Nanda means delight, happiness, etc.) This subtly conveys the state of Bliss, as described in the Upaniṣad-s referred in the previous nāma. Various nāma-s of this Sahasranāma repeatedly talk about Bliss. All the Upaniṣad-s also underline ...
Fundamentals of Nursing (2005)
(NANDA means North American Nursing Diagnosis Association, 1990) NANDA, Approved Nursing Diagnosis (Alphabetical) Post-trauma Response Powerlessness Protection Alerted Rape-trauma syndrome Rape-trauma syndrome: ...
Be Smart Bahasa Inggris
by Asep D. & Dian A.
Nanda is a smart student. 27 • Nando is a smart student and so ...
Encyclopaedia of India, Pakistan and Bangladesh (2006)
by Om Gupta
Nanda Devi West 7,816 M is situated to the west to it. Nanada Devi East has Longstaff Col 5,910 M to south east, Lawan glacier to East. This peak is the part of great Himalayan north- south massif dividing ...
The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Hinduism: N-Z (2002)
by James G. Lochtefeld
Encyclopaedia of India
The Nandadevi Fair The Nanda ...
Encyclopaedia of Eminent Thinkers (1998)
by K. S. Bharathi
Nanda, B.R., Gokhale (Delhi: Oxford University Press), 1977. Nanda, B.R., Gokhale, Gandhi and the Nehru 's Studies in Indian Nationalism (London: George Allen and Unwin Ltd.), 1990. Nanda, B.R., Three Statesmen: Gokhale, Gandhi and ...
The Greenwood Encyclopedia of LGBT Issues Worldwide
Serena Nanda, Gender Diversity: Cross-cultural Variations (Prospect Heights, IL: Waveland Press, 2000). Serena Nanda, “Hijras: An Alternative Sex and Gender Role in India,” in Third Sex, Third Gender: Beyond Sexual Dimorphism in Culture ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Nanda
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Nanda
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: henribergius
Photo credit: Racchio
Photo credit: ivanlanin
- Goddesses Nanda and Sunanda
Goddesses Nanda and Sunanda, Daughters of the Himalayas.
Photo credit: ashok-malhotra
- Nanda Malini Show
Nanda Malini Show @ Winnipeg
Photo credit: sajeewaw
- Nanda Manachi
Photo credit: Expat Bob
- Nanda's Art
Photo credit: Sujith Haridasan
- Patrick & Nanda
Photo credit: theps.net
- Prashanta Nanda - TeachAIDS Interview
Actor and former Minister of State, Prashanta Nanda, gives a behind-the-scenes interview for the Odia language version of the TeachAIDS animation in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
Photo credit: TeachAIDS (TeachAIDS.org)
Photo credit: TeachAIDS
- Nanda Lighting Sparkler
Photo credit: indi.ca
View more pictures about Nanda Devi and Nanda Costa.
Scrabble value of N1A1N1D2A1
The value of this 5-letter word is 6 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of NANDA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Nanda!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Nanda to see it in context!