On this page:
- Definition of the noun new jersey
- Phrases with New Jersey
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for New Jersey
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for New Jersey
- Photos about New Jersey
- Videos about New Jersey
- Quotes about New Jersey
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun new jersey
What does new jersey mean as a name of something?
- a Mid-Atlantic state on the Atlantic; one of the original 13 colonies
- lexical domain: Locations - nouns denoting spatial position
- synonyms of New Jersey: Garden State / Jersey / N.J. / NJ
- instance of: American state = one of the 50 states of the United States
- part of: America / the States / U.S. / U.S.A. / United States / United States of America / US / USA = North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean; Mid-Atlantic states = a region of the eastern United States comprising New York and New Jersey and Pennsylvania and Delaware and Maryland
- Atlantic City = a city on the Atlantic shore in southeastern New Jersey
- capital of New Jersey / Trenton = capital of the state of New Jersey
- Bayonne = a city in northeastern New Jersey
- Camden = a city in southwestern New Jersey on the Delaware River near Philadelphia
- Jersey City = a city in northeastern New Jersey
- Morristown = a town in northern New Jersey where the Continental Army spent two winters
- Newark = the largest city in New Jersey
- New Brunswick = a university town in central New Jersey
- Paterson = a city of northeastern New Jersey
- Princeton = a university town in central New Jersey
- Cape May = a cape of southeast New Jersey extending into the Atlantic Ocean
- Ellis Island = an island in New York Bay that was formerly the principal immigration station for the United States
- Delaware Bay = an inlet of the North Atlantic
- one of the British colonies that formed the United States
New Jersey is a state in the Northeastern and Middle Atlantic regions of the United States. It is bordered on the north and east by New York State, on the southeast and south by the Atlantic Ocean, on the west by Pennsylvania, and on the southwest by Delaware. New Jersey is the fourth-smallest state, but the 11th-most populous and the most densely populated of the 50 United States. New Jersey lies entirely within the combined statistical areas of New York City and Philadelphia. It is also the second-wealthiest U.S. state by median household income, according to the 2008–2012 American Community Survey.
- also known as The Garden State, NJ
- founded on (228 years ago)
- country: United States of America
- capital: Trenton
- read more about New Jersey (state)
- "New Jersey" is the fourth studio album by the American rock band Bon Jovi, released on 19 September 1988 through Mercury Records. The album was produced by Bruce Fairbairn and recorded at the Little Mountain Sound Studios in Vancouver, Canada.
- "New Jersey" is a musical album of Georges-Alain Jones.
- released on (10 years ago)
- "New Jersey" is a musical EP of JohNick.
- released in (14 years ago)
- "New Jersey" is a musical single of The Dambuilders.
- released in (23 years ago)
- "New Jersey" is a musical album of Joe Piscopo.
- "New Jersey" is a book by Henry Holden.
- subjects: History of the Americas, New Jersey
- "New Jersey" is a book by Betsy Andrews.
"New Jersey" is a photography (gelatin silver print) by Robert Frank, taken in (63 years ago).
- media: gelatin silver print
New Jersey a.k.a. Government of New Jersey: The government of the State of New Jersey is separated into three distinct branches: legislative, executive, and judicial. The powers of the state are vested by the Constitution of New Jersey, enacted in 1947, in a bicameral state legislature, the Governor, and the state courts, headed the New Jersey Supreme Court. The powers and duties of these branches are further defined by acts of the state legislature, including the creation of executive departments and courts inferior to the Supreme Court. Like most states, the state allows the incorporation of county, and other local municipal government.
- read more about Government of New Jersey
Phrases with New Jersey
- New Jersey Tea
- New Jersey Plan
- New Jersey Rush
- New Jersey Muhly
- New Jersey Anchovy
- New Jersey Blueberry
- New Jersey Chorus Frog
- New Jersey Pine Barrens Tiger Beetle
- capital of new jersey
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for New Jersey
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
city ; all the others, excepting the Long Island roads, starting or arriving at the New Jersey side of the Hudson River, across whion passengers are conveyed by ferry-boats. Tickets for nearly all points in the United States and Canada accessible ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for New Jersey
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about New Jersey
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about New Jersey Turnpike.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about New Jersey
Click on an item to play that video:
- New Jersey K-Turn meaning and pronunciation
Also known as a New Jersey U-Turn. When a driver enters a 4-way intersection, turns around in the middle, and heads in another direction. Usually results in an ...
- Milad Conference New Jersey (USA),Definition of "Love",Speech of Shaykh ul Islam Dr.Tahir-ul-Qadri
Milad e Mustafa (Sallallaho Aleh Wasallam) Conference New Jersey (USA).Definition of "Love",Speech of Shaykh ul Islam Dr. Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri on ...
- New Jersey Meaning
Video shows what New Jersey means. A northeast state of the United States of America. Capital: Trenton.. New Jersey pronunciation. How to pronounce ...
- New Jersey Assembly Bill 3659 Revises definition of destructive device to include 50 caliber
New Jersey Assembly Bill 3659 Revises definition of destructive device to include certain weapons of 50 caliber or greater.
- Regional Dialect Meme - New Jersey, USA
- The New Jersey Shore Dictionary
The essential dictionary for learning the terms you need to be a Guido or Guidette. Before you can live the GTL life you need to know what you are talking about.
- Cornerstone Speech & Language - Speech Therapy for Adults & Kids New Jersey, NJ
- NEW JERSEY TEST PREP PARCC Practice Book English Language Arts Grade 3 Covers the Performance Based
- Description of Manhattan from Hoboken, New Jersey
The view of the Manhattan skyline from Hoboken, New Jersey.
- ESL in New Jersey
- Speech Language Pathology Education in New Jersey | NJ
View more videos about New Jersey Plan.
See also the pronunciation examples of New Jersey!
Quotes about New Jersey
I had just done what she does in the story just about a year earlier - I moved from New Jersey and came to New York and was working at a bar, and you know, trying to make it. (Piper Perabo)
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of New Jersey to see it in context!