On this page:
Newsboys are a Christian pop rock band founded in 1985 in Mooloolaba, Queensland, Australia. They have released 16 studio albums, six of which have been certified gold. Currently, the band consists of lead vocalist Michael Tait formerly of DC Talk, keyboardist and bassist Jeff Frankenstein, guitarist Jody Davis, and drummer and percussionist Duncan Phillips.
- also known as The Newsboys
- Jody Davis (Lead guitar) between and (11 years)
- Paul Colman (Guitar) between and (2 years)
- Peter Furler (Drums) between and (17 years)
- Duncan Phillips (Drums) since
- Jeff Frankenstein (Keyboard) since
- Sean Taylor (Bass guitar) between and (6 years)
- Michael Tait (Lead Vocals) since
- Jody Davis (Lead guitar) since
- Phil Yates (Guitar) between and (2 years)
- John James (Lead Vocals) between and (11 years)
- Jonathan Geange (Guitar) between and
- Corey Pryor (Keyboard) between and (3 years)
- George Perdikis (Guitar) between and (4 years)
- Kevin Mills (Bass guitar) between and (2 years)
- Vernon Bishop (Guitar) between and
- Bryan Olesen (Guitar) between and (2 years)
- Phil Joel (Bass guitar) between and (11 years)
- genres: Contemporary Christian music, Pop rock, Christian rock, Alternative rock
- albums: "Read All About It", "Hell Is for Wimps", "Boys Will Be Boyz", "Not Ashamed", "Going Public", "Take Me to Your Leader", "Step Up to the Microphone", "Love Liberty Disco", "Shine: The Hits", "Thrive", "Newsboys Remixed", "Adoration: The Worship Album", "Devotion", "He Reigns: The Worship Collection", "It Is You", "Go Remixed", "Go", "Go EP", "Greatest Hits", "In the Hands of God", "Houston We Are GO", "The Ultimate Collection", "Born Again", "8 Great Hits", "Something Beautiful", "He's Coming Back", "Christmas! A Newsboys Holiday", "God's Not Dead", "Newsboys Live in Concert: God's Not Dead", "The Best of Newsboys: 10 Best Series", "My Newsboys Playlist", "Back 2 Back Hits: Adoration/The Greatest Hits", "10 Great Songs", "Icon", "Top Five", "Discover: 6 Essential Songs", "Entertaining Angels", "Restart", "Hallelujah For The Cross"
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to American Music Award for Favorite Contemporary Inspirational Artist
- nominated to Billboard Music Award for Top Christian Song - "God's Not Dead (Like a Lion)"
- official website: newsboys.com
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Newsboys
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by W. K. McNeil
The Newsboys' popularity continued to increase as they were featured in periodicals such as Newsweek, USA Today, Teen People, ESPN2, Guitar Player, Motocross Journal, and Entertainment Weekly. They performed at Pope John Paul II's ...
An Encyclopedia by James Ciment
®newsboys ̄. were unaffected, since they handled but did not produce the goods. Because the Supreme Court upheld the act«s legality, however, the power of Congress to legislate on child labor was established. During World War II, under ...
by Robert E. Weir
Given the sentiments of the day, ragged newsboys attracted more complaints and derision than public sympathy. The story ...
by the late Leonard Feather, Ira Gitler
Wellstood's Friends of Fats; Classic Jazz Qt; The Orphan Newsboys; also freelance extens. A fine rhythm gtr. w. an eclectic repertoire; also a ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Newsboys
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Newsboys
Click on an item to view that photo:
Click on an item to play that video:
- Your Love Never Fails by Newsboys - Praise Dancing - Sign Language Worship
Your Love Never Fails by Newsboys - Performed in Praise Dancing - Sign Language Worship Dance and Sign Language Performed at Heirs International ...
- God's Not Dead (Newsboys) - Naima - Sign Language (ASL & PSE)
Scrabble value of N1E1W4S1B3O1Y4S1
The value of this 8-letter word is 16 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine