Next Of Kin
On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun next of kin
What does next of kin mean as a name of something?
- the person who is (or persons who are) most closely related to a given person
Alternative definition of the noun next of kin
- Closest blood relative, heir to inheritance.
- synonym: near relative
- "Next of Kin" is a 1989 American action film directed by John Irvin and starring Patrick Swayze and Liam Neeson, with Adam Baldwin and Ben Stiller in one of his earliest roles. The screenplay was based on a story of the same title, both written by Michael Jenning.
- countries: United States of America, Australia
- language: English Language
- producers: Richard D. Zanuck & Jeb Stuart
- production design by Jack T. Collis
- Helen Hunt as Jessie Gates
- Liam Neeson as Briar Gates
- Adam Baldwin as Joey Rosselini
- Patrick Swayze as Truman Gates
- Ben Stiller as Lawrence Isabella
- Bill Paxton as Gerald Gates
- Andreas Katsulas as John Isabella
- Michael J. Pollard as Harold
- Ted Levine as Willy Simpson
- Del Close as Frank
- Valentino Cimo as Rhino
- Paul Greco as Leo
- Vincent Guastaferro as Paulie
- Paul Herman as Tony Antonelli
- Don Herion as Zimmer
- Don James as David Jenkins
- Brett Hadley as De Witt
- Rodney Hatfield as Hollis
- Richard Wharton as Selkirk
- Kelly Blair as Tolbert
- Charles Williams as Pierce
- Michael Wise as Snakeman
- Joseph R. Ryan as Grandpa
- Anndrena Belcher as Patsy-Ruth
- Jean Ritchie as Charlene
- Nancy Jeffrey as Aunt Peg
- Tina Engle as Rosalie
- Kimberly Cole as Hollis' Wife
- Starla Fugate as Gerald's Girl Friend
- Michael Sassone as Melvin
- Neil Giuntoli as Shorty
- Fred Crowther as Old Hillbilly
- Billy Branch as Preacher
- Celene Evans as Lady Bartender
- Michael Dizonno as Vinny
- Tim Quill as T.V. Reporter
- Jack Kandel as Hillbilly Bartender
- Sally Murphy as Hooker
- Mark Roberts as Furniture Mover
- Patrick Balch as Young Boy #1
- Relioues Webb as Young Boy #2
- Arlene Lencioni as Mrs. Isabella
- Lew Way Chin as Violin Student #1
- Morgan Biscomb Melto as Violin Student #2
- Elizabeth Ruf as Woman in Bar
- Al Neal as Man in Bar
- Joelle Pasquale as Daughter #1
- Mia Ferro as Daughter #2
- Keela Gootee as Daughter #3
- Pamela Prater as Selkirk's Wife
- edited by Peter Honess
- music by Larry Gatlin, Jack Nitzsche
- location: Chicago
- genres: Action Film, Thriller, Action/Adventure
- subject: Sicilian Mafia
- rating: R (USA)
- released on (25 years ago)
- award: - Razzie Award for Worst Actor nomination for Patrick Swayze
- "Next of Kin" is an Australian horror film directed by Tony Williams from a screenplay by Williams and Michael Heath, and starring Jacki Kerin and John Jarratt.
- "Next of Kin" is a 1984 film directed by Atom Egoyan.
- country: Canada
- language: English Language
- cinematography by Peter Mettler
- edited by Atom Egoyan
- genres: Indie film, Drama
- released in (30 years ago)
- award: - Genie Award for Best Achievement in Direction nomination for Atom Egoyan
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Next Of Kin
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
God's Next of Kin (2016)
Spiritual Genetics Defined by Edwin Majone
God's next of kin is the bornagain believer. A believer is a converted sinner. It is the sinner that has been reborn—born of the will of God. To convert is to change or be able to be changed from one form or use or character to another.
Revised Full-Color Edition by Merrill C. Tenney
There Boaz contrived a meeting between himself, the next of kin, and the requisite number of elders. There would be no lack of witnesses among the bystanders. The procedure followed combined elements from the law of levirate marriage ...
by John Penrice
may be rendered “Heir apparent,” or “next of kin,” so.
Intended for the Use of the Public at Large, as Well as of the Profession by Robert Bell, Sir John Skene
The next of kin. 4 The widow 5. Creditors. And, lastly. Special legatees. The case we are supposing is that of a testament dative, where the office depends on ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Next Of Kin
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Next Of Kin
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Next of Kin
Photo credit: mikecogh
- Next of kin
Photo credit: Fulvio's photos
- Next of Kin
Yet another way in which flying is getting less and less fun - Virgin now request you write down your next of kin on the back of the boarding pass.
Photo credit: psd
- Handing the flag to next of kin
Photo credit: jordanalexduncan
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Next Of Kin
Click on an item to play that video:
- Next of kin Meaning
Video shows what next of kin means. Closest blood relative, heir to inheritance.. Close friend, spouse, partner (for example on hospital admission form), loved ...
- Midwife and Next of Kin, pronunciation and definition - Oral English Daily Minute x 001
Midwife and Next of Kin, pronunciation and definition - Oral English Daily Minute x 001.
See also the pronunciation examples of Next Of Kin!
Quotes about Next Of Kin
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Next Of Kin to see it in context!