"Nidhanaya" a.k.a. "The Treasure": Nidhanaya is a 1972 Sinhalese language film directed by Lester James Peries, starring Gamini Fonseka and Malini Fonseka. Movie is based on a short story written by G.B.Senanayake in one of his short story collection known as "The Revenge". It revolves around a murder which is committed for the purpose of gaining access to a hidden treasure. The film won the Silver Lion of St. Mark award at the 1972 Venice International Film Festival and was also selected as one of the outstanding films of the year, receiving a Diploma, at the London Film Festival. It was also chosen as the best film of the first 50 years of Sri Lankan cinema.
- country: Sri Lanka
- languages: Sinhala Language, English Language
- producer: R Anthonypillai
- written by Tissa Abeysekara
- based on a story by G. B. Senanayake
- cinematography by M.S. Anandan
- edited by Lester James Peries, Edvin Leetin, Gladvin Fernando
- music by Premasiri Khemadasa
- genres: Romance Film, Drama
- released in (42 years ago)
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Nidhanaya
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Scrabble value of N1I1D2H4A1N1A1Y4A1
The value of this 9-letter word is 16 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of NIDHANAYA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Nidhanaya!
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Nidhanaya for some fun with words!