Nigel John Taylor
On this page:
Who is Nigel John Taylor?
Nigel John Taylor, better known as just John Taylor, is an English musician who is best known as the bass guitarist and co-founder of new wave band Duran Duran. Duran Duran were one of the most popular groups in the world during the 1980s due to their revolutionary music videos that played in heavy rotation in the early days of MTV. Taylor played with Duran Duran from its founding in 1978 until 1997, when he left to pursue a solo recording and film career. He recorded a dozen solo releases through his company "Trust The Process" over the next four years, had a lead role in the movie Sugar Town, and made appearances in a half dozen other film projects. He rejoined Duran Duran for a reunion of the original five members of the group in 2001 and has remained with the group to this day.
- also known as John Taylor; Taylor, John; J.T.; Noodlehead; John Nigel Taylor
- born on (55 years ago) in Solihull
- nationality: England, United States of America
- religion: Catholicism
- education: Abbey High School
- profession: Actor, musician, songwriter, bassist, record producer
- member of musical groups:
- parent of Atlanta Noo Taylor
- genres: Rock music, New Wave, Alternative rock, Hard rock, Punk rock, Pop rock
- albums: "Auto Didact", "Resumé", "Feelings Are Good and Other Lies", "John Taylor", "Live Cuts", "Meltdown", "METAFour", "Retreat Into Art", "Terroristen", "Techno For Two", "The Japan Album", "The Japan EP", "Only After Dark: Nick Rhodes & John Taylor Present...", "I Do What I Do (Theme for 9½ Weeks)", "Bring the Stars Alive"
- written works: "In the Pleasure Groove: Love, Death, and Duran Duran"
- some of the nominations and awards:
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Nigel John Taylor
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: