On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun nob
What does nob mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: nobs
- informal term for an upper-class or wealthy person
Alternative definition of the noun nob
- [slang, chiefly British] a wealthy or influential person; a toff
- [slang] the head (somewhat archaic) Used in one version of the Nursery Rhyme: Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water; Jack fell down and broke his crown, and Jill came tumbling after. Up Jack got and home did trot, as fast as he could caper; to old Dame Dob to mend his nob, with vinegar and brown paper.
- [context: cribbage] a jack of the same suit as the card turned up by the dealer
- [slang] The glans penis, the sensitive bulbous structure at the end of the penis also known as the head of the penis. (also spelled knob)
- NoB: Nobuo Yamada is a singer.
- Nob a.k.a. Neil O'Brien: Neil Terence O'Brien is a former English cricketer. O'Brien was a right-handed batsman who bowled right-arm medium pace. He was born in Heaton Moor, Lancashire.
- read more about Neil O'Brien
- Nob is a musical artist.
- Nob is a musical artist.
- Nob is a musical artist and a former member of the Japanese band United.
- profession: Musician
- member of musical group United (Vocals) between and (3 years)
There are other people with in their name, like robert l. "nob" rauch.
NOB a.k.a. The National Orchestra of Belgium is among the oldest orchestras in Belgium, along with the Brussels Philharmonic and the Orchestre Philharmonique de Liège.
- read more about National Orchestra of Belgium
- Nob is a fictional character from the film Very Annie Mary.
- Nob is a fictional character from the 2006 film The Ant Bully.
Nob a.k.a. Nosara Airport is an airport that serves Nosara, Costa Rica. The airport is approximately 15 minutes to the Nosara Beaches.
- part of Costa Rica
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Nob
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by S. P. Cerasano
A nob is a person who cheats and sticks out, often in the interest of entrenched power.
Parametrized Homotopy Theory (2006)
by J. Peter May, Johann Sigurdsson
} is a closed subset of WLX and hence Nob is a closed subset of NWLX. To see the implication, note that (–) x B' preserves closed inclusions and Zx B B C Zx B' is a closed inclusion because B is ...
- ~NoB is aC 2 ~ NoB is aC 3 (~ NoB is a C & No B is a C 4 No B is a C ...
Information Note on Fiscal Data by International Monetary Fund
The NOB is a key indicator of the ongoing sustainability of government operations, while NLB captures the extent to which ...
GFS NOB is the difference between GFS revenues and GFS expenses. It reflects the sustainability of government operations. GFS Net Lending(+)/Borrowing(–) is equal to NOB minus the total net acquisition of non-financial assets. A positive ...
A Transition to Abstract Mathematics by Randall B. Maddox
Ifg : rnoa + nob is the smallest element of S as defined in Eq. (2.84), then g | a.
by Eric Partridge
Here nob is a pun on the slang senses, 'important man' and 'penis', and, ...
by Conor Macdari
The word Nob means Heaven, sacred or holy. The word Ahimelech means the Heavenly King or SolarSun, who is figuratively a champion, hero, or ruler. Melchezedech is another form of the word from the same root. The letter a is pronounced ...
by TruthBeTold Ministry, Robert Jamieson, Andrew Robert Fausset, David Brown
Nob may be related to Nabat, "to view." namely, the point from whence the full view of Zionf breaks on the traveler from the N. MIZPEHf is mentioned in Joshuaf (Jos 18:26) and in Nehemiahf (Ne 3:7) in connection with Gibeonf. At MIZPEHf ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Nob
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Nob
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about Nob Hill.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Nob
Click on an item to play that video:
- Nob Meaning
Video shows what nob means. a wealthy or influential person; a toff. nob pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary dictionary. nob meaning.
- Nob Meaning
Video shows what Nob means. a place, north of Jerusalem, whose inhabitants were massacred by Saul. Nob Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio ...
- Nob definition
View more videos about His Nob.
See also the pronunciation examples of Nob!
Scrabble value of N1O1B3
The value of this 3-letter word is 5 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of NOB
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Nob!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Nob to see it in context!