On this page:
Who is Norman Gimbel?
Norman Gimbel is an American lyricist of popular songs, television and movie themes whose writing career includes such titles as "Sway", "Canadian Sunset", "Summer Samba", "The Girl from Ipanema", "Killing Me Softly with His Song", "Meditation", along with an Oscar for "It Goes Like It Goes" - from the film Norma Rae. He was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 1984.
- also known as Norman Gimble
- born on (88 years ago) in Brooklyn
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Songwriter
- member of musical group Norman Gimbel & Charles Fox
- album: "Pufnstuf"
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song - "Circles In the Water" (Live For Life), with Francis Lai
- nominated to Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song - "Stay" (The Secret Of Santa Vittoria), with Ernest Gold
- nominated to Academy Award for Best Original Song - "It Goes Like It Goes" (Norma Rae), with David Shire
- nominated to Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Music Composition - Series - "The Paper Chase", with Charles Fox
- nominated to Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Musical - "The Umbrellas of Cherbourg", with Jacques Demy & Michel Legrand
- Academy Award for Best Original Song - "It Goes Like It Goes" (Norma Rae), with David Shire
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Norman Gimbel
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Ali Baba to Zombies by R. G. Young
D: Corey Allen TELEPLAY: George Kirgo PHOTOG: Woodv Omens MUSIC: Peter Matz SONG: (lyrics, Norman Gimbel), Once a Year Night TVM, standard fantasy: Wanderer teaches meaning of Xmas Man ...
by Encyclopaedia Britannica, Inc.
David Shire, Norman Gimbel, “It Goes Like It Goes” (Norma Rae) Michael Gore, Dean Pitchford, “Fame” (Fame) Burt Bacharach, Carole Bayer Sager, Christopher Cross, Peter Allen, “Arthur's Theme (Best ...
by Vincent Terrace
Producer: Deanne Barkley, Norman Gimbel, Philip ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Norman Gimbel
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Norman Gimbel for some fun with words!