On this page:
- Definition of the noun old man
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Old Man
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Old Man
- Photos about Old Man
- Video language resources about Old Man
- Quotes about Old Man
- Anagrams of OLD MAN
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun old man
What does old man mean as a name of something?
- a man who is very old
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonyms of old man: graybeard / greybeard / Methuselah
- more generic terms: adult male / man = an adult person who is male; golden ager / old person / oldster / senior citizen = an elderly person
- more specific terms:
- a familiar term of address for a man
- an informal term for your father
- aromatic herb of temperate Eurasia and North Africa having a bitter taste used in making the liqueur absinthe
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific names: Absinthium bipedale / species Absinthium bipedale / Absinthium majus / species Absinthium majus / Absinthium officinale / species Absinthium officinale / Artemisia absinthia / species Artemisia absinthia / Artemisia absinthium absinthium / variety Artemisia absinthium absinthium / Artemisia absinthium insipida / variety Artemisia absinthium insipida / Artemisia absinthium inspida / variety Artemisia absinthium inspida / Artemisia arborescens rehan / form Artemisia arborescens rehan / Artemisia arborescens cupaniana / variety Artemisia arborescens cupaniana / Artemisia baldaccii / species Artemisia baldaccii / Artemisia doonense / species Artemisia doonense / Artemisia inodora / species Artemisia inodora / Artemisia kulbadica / species Artemisia kulbadica / Artemisia pendula / species Artemisia pendula / Artemisia rehan / species Artemisia rehan / Artemisia rhaetica / species Artemisia rhaetica / Artemisia absinthium
- synonyms of old man: absinthe / common wormwood / lad's love
- more generic word: wormwood = any of several low composite herbs of the genera Artemisia or Seriphidium
- member of: genus Artemisia = usually aromatic shrubs or herbs of north temperate regions and South Africa and western South America: wormwood; sagebrush; mugwort
- substance of: absinth / absinthe = strong green liqueur flavored with wormwood and anise
- geographic area: North America
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
- (slang) boss
Alternative definition of the noun old man
- An elderly man.
- [slang] One's father.
- synonym: boyfriend (3)
- [slang, US] a husband, or significant other
- [slang, US Military] Unit's Commanding Officer.
- Old Man a.k.a. Ebro Darden is an American media executive and radio presenter who, until 2014, was Vice President of Programming for Emmis Communications' New York contemporary urban station WQHT Hot 97, and is a co-host on the HOT 97 Morning Show alongside Peter Rosenberg, Cipha Sounds, and Laura Stylez.
- read more about Ebro Darden
- Old Man a.k.a. Scot Breithaupt: Scot Alexander Breithaupt is an entrepreneur, "Old School" former professional Motorcycle MX and Bicycle Motocross racer and a founding father of BMX in 1970 whose prime competitive years were from 1970 to 1984. Many consider him, in some ways, a founder of "Old School BMX"—an era from roughly 1969 to 1987 or 1988, from its very beginnings to just after its first major slump in popularity from 1985 to 1988. Racing started to rise in participation again around 1988–89 and is considered the start of Mid School BMX, roughly 1988–2000.
- read more about Scot Breithaupt
- Old Man a.k.a. Kelvin Melton: Kevin Melton is a North Carolina prison inmate who is one of the kidnappers of Frank Arthur Janssen.
- read more about Kelvin Melton
- Old Man a.k.a. Dmitry Perevezentsev is a musical artist.
- read more about Dmitry Perevezentsev
- Old Man is a fictional character from the 2012 film Modest Reception.
- Old man is a fictional character from the 1920 film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari.
- Old Man is a fictional character from the 1997 film Three Stories.
- Old Man is a fictional character from the 1973 film The Wedding.
- Old Man is a fictional character from the 2014 film The Grand Budapest Hotel.
- Old Man is a fictional character from the 1973 film Enter the Dragon.
- Old man is a fictional character from the 2011 film Dance of Ganesha.
- Old Man is a fictional character from the 2014 theater production MacBeth.
- Old Man is a fictional character from the 2012 film Friend Request.
- Old Man is a fictional character from the 1999 film The Matrix.
- Old Man is a fictional character from the 2005 film The Beat That My Heart Skipped.
- Old Man: An old man is a fictional character in the 1975 drama film Giliap.
- Old Man is a fictional character from William Shakespeare's King Lear.
- Old man is a fictional film character.
- Old Man is a fictional character from the 1965 film Ih, du forbarmende.
- old man a.k.a. Ghanshyam is a fictional character from the 2013 film Jhola.
- read more about Ghanshyam
- Old Man is a fictional character from the 2009 film The Road.
- Old Man is a fictional character from the 2011 film Rabat.
- Old Man is a fictional character from the 2002 film An Indiscreet Wife, A Checkered Husband And A Taekwondo Girl.
- also known as 늙은남자, 늙은 남자 - 석만창
- in the film "An Indiscreet Wife, A Checkered Husband And A Taekwondo Girl", played by Kim Ki-hyeon
- Old Man is a fictional character from the 2012 film What If.
- Old Man is a fictional character from the 1962 film The Mistress.
- Old Man is a fictional character from the 2011 film In Darkness.
- Old Man is a fictional character from the 2006 film Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society.
- also known as Rojin
- Old Man a.k.a. Old Gentleman is a fictional character from the 2011 film The Wicker Tree.
- read more about Old Gentleman
- Old Man is a fictional character from the 1963 film The Red Lanterns.
- Old Man is a fictional character from the 1987 film THE...Kopanoi.
- Old Man is a fictional character from the 2010 drama film My Joy.
- Old Man a.k.a. Mysterious Old Man is a fictional character from 2004 anime TV series Paranoia Agent.
- read more about Mysterious Old Man
- Old Man is a fictional character from the 2012 film The Bright Day.
- Old Man is a fictional character from the 2003 horror film Wrong Turn.
- Old Man is a fictional character from the 2012 film Iron Sky.
- Old man is a fictional character from the 2005 film Pak Pak Pakaak.
- Old Man is a fictional character from the 2013 film Twisted Trunk, Big Fat Body.
- Old Man is a fictional character from the 2009 film The Cap.
- Old Man is a fictional character from the 2003 film Bruce Almighty.
- Old Man a.k.a. Mr. Freak is a fictional character from the 2004 film Nina.
- read more about Mr. Freak
- "Old Man" is a song written and performed by Neil Young on his 1972 album Harvest. "Old Man" was released as a single on Reprise Records in the spring of 1972, and reached no. 31 on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart for the week ending June 3.
- also known as Old Man (Take a Look at My Life)
- music and lyrics by Neil Young
- "Old Man" is a composition.
- "Old Man" is a cataloged instance, composition.
- music by Chris Knight
- "Old Man" is a composition, cataloged instance.
- music by Huddie William Ledbetter
"Old Man" is a 2012 animation-documentary film directed by Leah Shore.
- also known as Manson
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producers: Leah Shore & Carl D'Andre
- production design by Leah Shore
- art direction by Leah Shore
- cinematography by Leah Shore
- edited by Leah Shore & Liesje Kraai
- music by Charles Manson
- costume design by Leah Shore
- set decoration by Leah Shore
- genres: Animation, Documentary film, Biographical film, Horror
- released on
- official website: www.oldmanmanson.com
Old man was a bimonthly magazine published by the Union of Swiss Short Wave Amateurs as the membership journal of the organization. The magazine covered topics related to amateur radio. The magazine was published with articles in three languages: German, Italian, and French. The magazine drew its subscription base primarily from Switzerland. The journal was published in A5 paper size with a full color cover and black-and-white print on un-coated newsprint inside. The final issue of the magazine was published in Nov./Dec., 2007, after which the organization discontinued publication in favor of a new membership journal called HB Radio.
- official website: www.uska.ch
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Old Man
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Dinkum Dictionary (2010)
by Susan Butler
An old man has...
İNGİLİSCƏ - AZƏRBAYCANCA ATALAR SÖZLƏRİ LÜĞƏTİ by Abbas Gurbanoghlu
A young man idle, an old man needy. Cavanliginda avaraliq edan qocaliginda özgalara niöhtac olar, 55. Young men think old men fools, old men know young men to be so. Cavanlar ela bilir, qocalar, qocalarsa ela düsünür ki, Cavanlar ...
SGRUTA, an old man. SGRUTACH, & galar ferutach, the itch. ScRUTAch, lean, meagre. SGU AIBLín, a drag or sweep net. SGU AINE, a fwarm or croud of any fort of animals, when fpoken of men, ...
by John O'Brien (R.C. bp. of Cloyne.)
Sgruta , an old man. Sgrutach , & galar scrutach , the itch. Scrutach , lean , meagre. SGUAiBiÍN,a drag or íweep net. Sguaine, a foearm or croud of any sort of animais, when spoken of men , 'tis a word of conrempt. Sguibher , an esquire. Sguille ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Old Man
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Old Man
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Old Man
Photo credit: Alan Weir
- Old man
Photo credit: Wagner T. Cassimiro "Aranha"
- Old Man
Photo credit: elka_cz
- Old Man
Photo credit: Anamorphic Mike
- Old man
In the shadows
Photo credit: solarisgirl
- Old Man
Photo credit: CJeco
- Old Man
Penghuni Kota Bakhtapur
Photo credit: esmar.abdulhamid
- Old Man
Street scene, La Ciotat, France, Sony a7R, Sonnar FE 55mm F1.8 ZA
Photo credit: x1klima
- Old Man
Photo credit: kоnstantin
- Old man
Photo credit: reynermedia
- Old Man
Photo credit: Jhong Dizon | Photography
- Old Man detail
Photo credit: pheezy
- Old man fixing
Photo credit: Tom Coppen
- Old man's cave
Photo credit: Janitors
- Old Man Meerkats
Photo credit: ginsnob
- Old man.
Photo credit: Ross Catrow
- Old man's cave
Photo credit: Janitors
- Old man Istanbul
Photo: Fabio Penna
Photo credit: Fabio Sola Penna
- Old Man with Doves II
Photo credit: Torsten Mangner
- Old Man Smoking
Photo credit: Mathias Apitz (München)
View more pictures about The Old Man.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Old Man
Click on an item to play that video:
- Old man's definition of turnt up
- Old man slang
- Old man Meaning
Video shows what old man means. An elderly man.. One's father.. a husband, or significant other. old man synonyms: boyfriend, Wikisaurus:father, elderly man, ...
- Livestock guard dog body language - Old Man Farm
Fingal and King return from a patrol and Fingal is greeted playfully by Maple the "hang back" dog. When King arrives Maple sees the tension and gets clear.
- The Red Crayola with Art and Language - An Old Man's Dream
The Red Crayola with Art and Language - An Old Man's Dream 7" - Rough Trade - 1981.
- 100 Year Old Man Publishes First Indigenous Language Dictionary
They say language especially mother tongue is important in african society since it helps in defining one's identity.. In a remote village of etabalia in vihiga ...
- ESL Beginner Story Old Man
- AP Language - Old Man and the Sea Video
- ESL - Art & Literature - 98 Year Old Man Creates Beautiful Art With MS Paint
See also the pronunciation examples of Old Man!
Quotes about Old Man
Anagrams of OLD MAN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Old Man!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Old Man to see it in context!