On this page:
- Definition of the noun Ord
- Other definitions of Ord
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ord
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ord
- Photos about Ord
- Videos about Ord
- Quotes about Ord
- Scrabble value of O1R1D2
- Anagrams of ORD
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Ord
What does Ord mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: ords
- [obsolete] A point.
- [context: UK dialectal] A point or edge.
- [obsolete] A beginning.
Other definitions of Ord
What does Ord also mean?
- See order.
- [legal] ordinance
- Ord is a city in Valley County, Nebraska, United States. The population was 2,112 at the 2010 census. It is the county seat of Valley County.
- Ord a.k.a. O'Hare International Airport: Chicago O'Hare International Airport, also known as O'Hare Airport, O'Hare Field, Chicago International Airport, or simply O'Hare, is an international airport located on the Far Northwest Side of Chicago, Illinois, 17 miles northwest of the Loop. It is the primary airport serving the Chicago area, with Midway Airport, about 10 miles closer to the Loop, serving as a secondary airport for low-cost carriers.
- also known as Chicago O'Hare International Airport, O'Hare Airport
- part of United States of America, Chicago
- official website: www.flychicago.com/ohare/en/home/Pages/default.aspx
- Ord is a civil parish in Northumberland, England. According to the 2001 census it had a population 1,365. The parish is situated to the south-west of the town of Berwick-upon-Tweed, and includes the settlements of East Ord and Murton. The parish is bound to the north by the River Tweed, and to the south by the Aller Dean.
Ord is a fictional character, a comic book supervillain in books published by Marvel Comics, specifically as an enemy of the X-Men. He first appeared in Astonishing X-Men #1 in May 2004. He was created by writer Joss Whedon and artist John Cassaday.
"Ord" a.k.a. "Words" is a 2011 short crime film written and directed by Sven Vinge.
- read more about Words
- ORD is a website.
- also known as Airport Code ORD, ORD Airport Code, O'Hare International Airport, Chicago Airport Code, O'Hare Airport Code
- official website: airportcodes.info/ord
- ORD a.k.a. http://airportcodes.info/ord is a website.
- read more about http://airportcodes.info/ord
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ord
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Homotopy Type Theory (2013)
Univalent Foundations of Mathematics by Univalent Foundations Program
Then X is a strict category, since Ord is a set, and the above surjection X0 → Set extends to a weak equivalence functor X...
However, we actually have a canonical specified section: because Ord is an ordinal, every nonempty subset of it has a ...
Research-Management and Peer-Review Practices by National Research Council, Commission on Geosciences, Environment and Resources, Commission on Life Sciences, Board on Environmental Studies and Toxicology, Committee on Research and Peer Review in EPA
Perhaps the existence of a substantial amount of researchlike activity outside ORD is an indication that the agency's regulatory. Copyright © National Academy of Sciences. All rights reserved. RESEARCH MANAGEMENTAT EPA 35 ...
Cobbett's Political Register (1808)
ord is an addition to the profession of the Hatker.
by John R. Ellis
it is usually a good idea to provide a separate set of ORDs for each such mode. Separate ORDs tend to declutter the diagrams and bring out the mutually exclusive relationships associated with the modes. The ORD is a natural mechanism ...
Bom - Bur
Ord. PapaveraccsD. It has multipartite leaves, a peculiar caducous calyx like a candle-extinguisher, and a tetrapetalous corolla, with numerous hypogynous stamens. Fig. 7. Hollowed end of the peduncle, with the pistil. The calyx separates in ...
by Merriam-Webster, Inc
enforcer reinforcer — also -er forms of adjectives listed at orse1 orch \orch\ porch, scorch, torch blowtorch, sunporch orcher \or-char\ scorcher, torture orchid \ or-kad\ forked, orchid cryptorchid, monorchid orchis \or-kas\ see oreas ord1 \ord\ ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ord
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Ord
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: chriscoyier
Photo credit: akasped
Photo credit: pravin.premkumar
Photo credit: bleu_woulfe
O'Hare Airport, Chicago.
Photo credit: Raymond June
- ORD Terminal 1 under tunnel
Photo credit: Jun Seita
- Ord from Borreraig
Photo credit: chatirygirl
- Getting to ORD Camp
Photo credit: danxoneil
- ORD walkway
Photo credit: strudelt
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Ord
Click on an item to play that video:
- Ord Meaning
Video shows what ord means. A point.. A point of origin; a beginning.. A point of land; a promontory.. ord pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by ...
- Explanation of the Rocrail ORD
Christian explanes what progress is made and demonstrate it with a train.
- Slang ord Linne 9:1
- What's the meaning of IPPT,ORD & POP!
Learn with Bongz(gok)
- Slang ord NAA14 jessica
- Software - Morten's Ord Opslag (Dictionary)
See also the pronunciation examples of Ord!
Quotes about Ord
Bibelens Job ham kjender Du vel?
Vennernes Ord slog ham ikke ihjel,
Skrabed' tilblods kun som Potteskaar,
Saa der stod Ar til de seneste Aar,
Mærker herom, saa dybe og stærke:
Verset her, — det er ogsaa et Mærke!
(Hans Christian Andersen)
more quotes about ord...
Scrabble value of O1R1D2
The value of this 3-letter word is 4 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ORD
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Ord!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Ord to see it in context!