On this page:
Definition of the adjective P-Complete
What does P-Complete mean as an attribute of a noun?
- [computing theory] Describing any problem in the complexity class P to which there exists a polynomial time mapping from any other problem in P.
Definition of the noun P-Complete
What does P-Complete mean as a name of something?
- [computing theory] The set of such problems.
- P-complete a.k.a. #P-complete, pronounced "sharp P complete" or "number P complete" is a complexity class in computational complexity theory. By definition, a problem is #P-complete if and only if it is in #P, and every problem in #P can be reduced to it by a polynomial-time counting reduction, i.e. a polynomial-time Turing reduction relating the cardinalities of solution sets. Equivalently, a problem is #P-complete if and only if it is in #P, and for any non-deterministic Turing machine, the problem of computing its number of accepting paths can be reduced to this problem.
- also known as ♯P-complete, Sharp-P-complete
- P-complete: In complexity theory, the notion of P-complete decision problems is useful in the analysis of both: which problems are difficult to parallelize effectively, and; which problems are difficult to solve in limited space. Formally, a decision problem is P-complete if it is in P and that every problem in P can be reduced to it by using an appropriate reduction. The specific type of reduction used varies and may affect the exact set of problems.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for P-complete
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Stella Keenan, Colin Johnston
Full text P-complete document that contains the information required. Many information services will supply a reference to the item required, and it may be necessary to obtain the complete item to satisfy the information need. Full-text database ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for P-complete
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video about P-complete
Video shows what P-complete means. Describing any problem in the complexity class P to which there exists a polynomial time mapping from any other problem ...
Quotes about P-complete
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of P-complete to see it in context!