On this page:
- Phrases with Pakistan
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Pakistan
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Pakistan
- Photos about Pakistan
- Videos about Pakistan
- Sign language
- Quotes about Pakistan
- Scrabble value of P3A1K5I1S1T1A1N1
- Anagrams of PAKISTAN
- Share this page
Pakistan, officially the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, is a sovereign country in South Asia. With a population exceeding 180 million people, it is the sixth most populous country and with an area covering 796,095 km², it is the 36th largest country in the world in terms of area. Pakistan has a 1,046-kilometre coastline along the Arabian Sea and the Gulf of Oman in the south and is bordered by India to the east, Afghanistan to the west, Iran to the southwest and China in the far northeast. It is separated from Tajikistan by Afghanistan's narrow Wakhan Corridor in the north, and also shares a marine border with Oman.
- also known as Federation of Pakistan, Islamic Republic of Pakistan, West Pakistan
- founded on (68 years ago)
- part of Asia, Eurasia, Indian subcontinent
- instance of: Asian country / Asian nation = any one of the nations occupying the Asian continent
- Punjab = a historical region on northwestern India and northern Pakistan
- Jammu and Kashmir / Cashmere / Kashmir = an area in southwestern Asia whose sovereignty is disputed between Pakistan and India
- Faisalabad / Lyallpur = city in northeast Pakistan
- Hyderabad = a city in southern Pakistan on the Indus River
- capital of Pakistan / Islamabad = the capital of Pakistan in the north on a plateau
- Karachi = the largest city in Pakistan; located in southeastern Pakistan; an industrial center and seaport on the Arabian Sea
- Lahore = city in northeast Pakistan
- Peshawar = city in northern Pakistan at the eastern end of the Khyber Pass
- Rawalpindi = an ancient city in northeastern Pakistan
- Sind = a region of southeastern Pakistan
- Great Indian Desert / Thar Desert = a desert to the east of the Indus River in northwestern India and southeastern Pakistan
- Hindu Kush Mountains / Hindu Kush = a mountain range extending to the west of the Himalayas
- Indus River / Indus = an Asian river that rises in Tibet and flows through northern India and then southwest through Kashmir and Pakistan to the Arabian Sea
- Khyber Pass = a mountain pass of great strategic and commercial value in the Hindu Kush on the border between northern Pakistan and western Afghanistan
- Pamir Mountains / the Pamirs = a mountain range in central Asia that is centered in Tajikistan but extends into Kyrgyzstan and Afghanistan and Pakistan and western China
- Tirich Mir = a mountain in the Hindu Kush in Pakistan
- member: Pakistani = a native or inhabitant of Pakistan
- read more about Pakistan (country)
Pakistan a.k.a. Pakistan International Airlines formally known as PIA or Pakistan International, is the national flag carrier and a state-owned enterprise of the Government of Pakistan. Headquartered at Jinnah International Airport in Karachi. It operates scheduled services to 23 domestic destinations and 30 international destinations in 27 countries across Asia, Europe and North America. Its main bases are at Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad/Rawalpindi. Secondary bases include Peshawar, Faisalabad, Quetta, Sialkot and Multan.
- also known as พีไอเอ, สายการบินแหงชาติปากีสถาน, PIA, Pakistano tarptautinės oro linijos, Pakistano tarptautinės avialinijos, สายการบินปากีสถาน, Пакистански международни авиолинии, Пакистански авиолинии, Пакистан интернешънал еърлайнс, 巴基斯坦国际航空
- official website: www.piac.com.pk
Pakistan a.k.a. Rayed Aamir is a fictional character from the 2016 film Nation Awakes.
- read more about Rayed Aamir
"Pakistan" is a composition, cataloged instance.
- music and lyrics by Farin Urlaub
- "Pakistan" is a book by Ian Talbot.
- also known as "Pakistan: a modern history"
- "Pakistan" is a book by Tariq Ali.
- also known as "Pakistan; military rule or people's power"; Pakistan: military rule or people's power?
- "Pakistan" is a book by Manzooruddin Ahmed.
- also known as "Pakistan, the emerging Islamic state"
- "Pakistan" is a book by David Cumming & Peter Bull.
- "Pakistan" is a book by Alan Gledhill.
- also known as "Pakistan: the development of its law and constitution", "Pakistan; the development of its laws and constitution"
There are many other writings with this title.
Pakistan a.k.a. The Government of Pakistan is a federal government established by the Constitution of Pakistan as a constituted governing authority of the four provinces of a proclaimed and established parliamentary democratic republic, constitutionally called the State of Pakistan.
- read more about Government of Pakistan
Phrases with Pakistan
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Pakistan
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Creating a New Medina (2015)
State Power, Islam, and the Quest for Pakistan in Late Colonial North India by Venkat Dhulipala
Pakistan means partition. Pakistan means division. It means you must take Hindu provinces of yours and leave out Muslim provinces where we want to establish our own government. All these pretensions, all these excuses are simply to ...
Muslim Becoming (2012)
Aspiration and Skepticism in Pakistan by Naveeda Khan
Thus, '' Pakistan is a mosque under qabza'' speaks of the continuing work of striving, fighting for what ...
The Oxford Companion to Food (2014)
by Alan Davidson
Although Pakistan is a new nation its cuisine has developed over centuries, ...
Manager-subordinate Trust (2012)
A Global Perspective by Pablo Cardona, Michael Morley
SADIA NADEEM Introduction Pakistan is a country of 170 million people which was established as a separate political entity approximately 64 years ago. Topographically, it is a beautiful land of five rivers, with high mountain ranges spanning ...
Asian Data Privacy Laws (2014)
Trade & Human Rights Perspectives by Graham Greenleaf
Pakistan is an almost entirely (95 per cent) Muslim country of over 190 million people,110 and therefore the second most...
Egypt in Crisis (2017)
The Fall of Islamism and Prospects of Democratization by Alaa Al-Din Arafat
Pakistan is an incredibly rich case study for civil–military relations for several reasons. First, Pakistan has...
Third, Pakistan is a state of vital importance for the USA as it is a strategic mid-tier regional power that possesses nuclear weapons.
Pakistan - Culture Smart! (2013)
The Essential Guide to Customs & Culture by Safia Haleem
Occupying land crisscrossed by ancient invaders, Pakistan is a young country whose history stretches back for thousands of years. It is the home of two ancient civilizations—the Indus and the Gandhara—and its culture has been shaped by ...
by Shannon Graff Hysell
Although Pakistan is a relatively new country politically, it has seen a rich history as a South Asian crossroads blending Hindu, Jain, Buddhist, Greek, Turkic, Persian, and Muslim influences. The author provides an ...
Environmental and Economic Impact
Pakistan is a developing country of the Monsoon Asia with dense concentration of population in the plain areas of the Indus and other rivers. Due to its unique geographical setting, it is prone to various natural disasters including floods.
by Shahid Javed Burki
PNA PNP PPL PPO PPP PPPP PSM PTA PTC PTCL PUQJ QMA QML QU RCD RCO RTC SAARC SAFTA Pakistan Development Forum Pakistan Democratic ...
by Om Gupta
Dera Bugti : Dera Bugti district is in the south west of Balochistan province of Pakistan. Dera Bugti is named after its headquarter town 'Dera Bugti'. Dera (a Balochi word) means "abode' or "habitat', while "Bugti' is the name of the major Baloch ...
by Paul R. Bartrop
Al-Atta and three officers are executed Border clashes occur between Tanzania and Idi Amin's Uganda Pakistan declares a state of emergency November 10: December 3: December 4: December 14: December 16: CHRONOLOGY OF ...
by Syedur Rahman
Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, the Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Pakistan
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Pakistan
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: WorldVenture
Photo credit: RNW.org
The Face of Climate Change is sustainable gardening.
Photo credit: EarthDayPictures
Photo credit: RNW.org
- Pakistan military in Swat
About 15,000 soldiers are believed to be fighting 4,000 Taliban fighters in Swat valley
Photo credit: Al Jazeera English
- Supreme Court of Pakistan
This is the Supreme Court of Pakistan. Located in Islamabad on Constitution avenue, near many other government buildings and the diplomatic enclave.
Photo credit: ImposterVT
- Lahore, Pakistan
People put their names on their cars.
Photo credit: Omer Wazir
- View into Pakistan
Photo credit: olofw
- Tree house with a difference, Lahore, Pakistan
Photo credit: ambabheg
Videos about Pakistan
Click on an item to play that video:
- Pakistan Has Accepted India's Definition Of Terrorism: MJ Akbar
BJP leader MJ Akbar addressing a press conference shortly after Modi and Nawaz Sharif held talks in Ufa, Russia. Listen In. Follow us: YouTube: ...
- Sikh Reminding Pakistani People The Real Purpose And Meaning of Pakistan
This is an indian sikh who was born in Pakistan but migrated to india after 1947 and then he came back 11 years ago to help sikh yatries for gurudwara religious ...
- BRICS Meet | Pakistan PM silent on terror definition
Even as BJP on Friday (July 10) said that Pakistan had accepted to combat terrorism 'in all its form', Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif remained silent on ...
- BJP Claims Big Victory | Pakistan Accepted India's Definition of Terrorism | RUSSIA UFA 2015
Prime Minister Narendra Modi achieved a major breakthrough in India's ties with Pakistan after Islamabad agreed to Delhi's long held view that all forms of terror ...
- Saudi Arabia using Pakistan for their meaning and Pakistan jumping into War of fire
- Pakistan Awami Tehreek Huma Waheed Beautiful Explanation of Pakistan Current Situation
- What was the real meaning of Asif Zardari's 'Pakistan Khappay' slogan Zulfiqar Mirza reveals
What was the real meaning of Asif Zardari's 'Pakistan Khappay' slogan Zulfiqar Mirza reveals.
- Ahmed Qureshi bashes Shahzaib Khanzada GEO's explanation regarding the Pakistan map in show
Watch Today 25 April 2015 All Pakistani News Feed Talk Shows Click below To watch 26th APr 2015 Latest Shows --- Live With dr Shahid Masood: Off the ...
- Ahmed Qureshi bashes Shahzaib Khanzada & GEO's explanation regarding the Pakistan map in show
Ahmed Qureshi bashes Shahzaib Khanzada & GEO's explanation regarding the Pakistan map in show.
- India seeks explanation from pakistan on attack on Sarabjit
Union home minister,state RPN Singh says, India seeks explanation from pakistan on attack on Sarabjit.
- Pakistan Meaning
Video shows what Pakistan means. Country in South Asia. Official name: Islamic Republic of Pakistan.. Pakistan pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by ...
- Pakistan LoC fire: BJP leaders demand explanation from AK Antony's remarks
- India Vs Pakistan Terrorism definition with funny pictures
India Vs Pakistan Terrorism definition with funny pictures.
- Pakistan and its flag's meaning
- West Pakistan Meaning
Video shows what West Pakistan means. The western part of Pakistan before it split from Bangladesh. West Pakistan Meaning. How to pronounce, definition ...
- Farooq Sattar Explanation Over Altaf Hussain's Speech Against Pakistan
Farooq Sattar giving now explanations over his boss Altaf's speech against Pakistani Nation and Army.
- The Meaning Of PAKISTAN
- What is the Meaning of Pakistan by Allan Keisler
- Saying - Quaid-e-Azam "Meaning of Pakistan"
- Punjabi Language Movement in Pakistan
PLM stages hunger strike on The Mother Language Day ( 21 Feb 2011 ) in front of Punjab Assembly Building Lahore demanding National , Official and ...
- PAKISTAN: Language struggle
In Pakistan, English is overtaking Urdu as the country's official language. In fact, young people especially are shying away from Urdu - and experts fear the ...
- Congress is speaking the language of Pakistan, says BJP on mystery boat issue
The BJP today said the Congress' expression of doubts about the Pakistani vessel that exploded off Gujarat coast is merely encouraging Pakistan.
- Oxford dictionary (Dubsmash Pakistan)
- Pakistan's First English Language NewsChannel
Osama Bin Javaid presenting Pakistan's first English language news channel.
- Pakistan Situation in less than 1 minute - Saraiki Language
Pakistan described in less than 1 minute . Song is in Saraiki language.
- Gilgit Baltistan Pakistan Burushaski Language
Burushaski is still considered an isolate language, recently, sufficient evidence has emerged to link it to an extinct language called Phrygian. Burushaski is ...
- Muhammad Ali Jinna's declaration of "State language of Pakistan..." in Dhaka.
On 21 March 1948, Jinnah addressed a huge public rally at the Ramna Race Course Maidan (currently Suhrawardy Uddyan). Here he declared that the state ...
- How To Speak"Sanam Baloch" Sindhi Language With U-16 Pakistan Football Team In Morning Show
U-16 Pakistan Football Team 2nd In Chicago Cup 2015 And 3rd In Norway Cup 2015 With Sanam Baloch U-16 Pakistan Football Team 2nd In Chicago Cup ...
- India does not understand the language of peace: Pakistan Defence Minister Khawaja Asif
India does not understand the language of peace: Pakistan Defence Minister Khawaja Asif Website...
- Oxford dictionary Dubsmash Pakistan
See also the pronunciation examples of Pakistan!
Click on an item to play that video:
Quotes about Pakistan
People who ask us when we will hold talks with Pakistan are perhaps not aware that over the last 55 years, every initiative for a dialogue with Pakistan has invariably come from India. (Atal Bihari Vajpayee)
more quotes about pakistan...
Scrabble value of P3A1K5I1S1T1A1N1
The value of this 8-letter word is 14 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of PAKISTAN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Pakistan!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Pakistan to see it in context!