On this page:
- Definition of the noun Parents
- Phrases with Parents
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Parents
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Parents
- Photos about Parents
- Video language resources about Parents
- Sign language
- Quotes about Parents
- Scrabble value of P3A1R1E1N1T1S1
- Anagrams of PARENTS
- Share this page
Parents is sometimes a misspelling of parent's.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Parents
What does Parents mean as a name of something?
- one's mother and father
- synonym: parentals
- "Parents" is a 1989 American black comedy horror film directed by Bob Balaban and written by Christopher Hawthorne. It stars Randy Quaid, Mary Beth Hurt, Sandy Dennis and Bryan Madorsky.
- countries: Canada, United States of America
- language: English Language
- producer: Bonnie Palef
- executive producers: Mitchell Cannold & Steven Reuther
- written by Christopher Hawthorne
- casting by Risa Bramon Garcia & Billy Hopkins
- cinematography by Robin Vidgeon & Ernest Day
- edited by Bill Pankow
- music by Angelo Badalamenti, Jonathan Elias
- costume design by Arthur Rowsell
- genres: Black comedy, Horror
- tagline: There's A New Name For Terror...
- released on (26 years ago)
- award: - Independent Spirit Award for Best Male Lead nomination for Randy Quaid
- "Parents" a.k.a. "Eltern" is a 2013 comedy film written by Robert Thalheim and Jane Ainscough and directed by Robert Thalheim.
- read more about Eltern
- "Parents" is a 2007 drama film directed by Ragnar Bragason and co-written with Víkingur Kristjánsson, Nanna Kristín Magnúsdóttir and Ingvar Eggert Sigurðsson.
- also known as Foreldrar, Rodzice
- country: Iceland
- language: Icelandic Language
- producers: Víkingur Kristjánsson, Ingvar Eggert Sigurðsson, Nanna Kristín Magnúsdóttir
- executive producer: Kristín Ólafsdóttir
- written by Víkingur Kristjánsson, Ragnar Bragason, Nanna Kristín Magnúsdóttir & Ingvar Eggert Sigurðsson
- Ingvar Eggert Sigurðsson as Óskar Sveinn
- Nanna Kristín Magnúsdóttir as Katrin Rós
- Eddu Arnljótsdóttur as Mother
- Reine Brynolfsson as Johann
- Nína Dögg Filippusdóttir as Nurse
- Brian Fitzgibbon as John
- Gísli Örn Gardarsson as Gardar
- Thröstur Leó Gunnarsson as Addi
- Gunnar Hansson as Bjarni
- Jóna Guðrún Jónsdóttir as Erna
- Víkingur Kristjánsson as Einar Birgir
- Petur Rognvaldsson as Baldur
- Þrúður Vilhjálmsdóttir as Halla
- Ólafur Darri Ólafsson as Marino
- Lilja Guðrún Jónsdóttir as Katrin Eldri
- music by Petur Thor Benediktsson
- genre: Drama
- released on (8 years ago)
- read more about Parents (film)
- "Parents" is a composition.
- "Parents" is a musical album of Parents.
- released on
Parents is a musical group.
- albums: "Parents", "Low Life"
- Parents a.k.a. Parent: A parent is a caretaker of the offspring in their own species. In humans, a parent is of a child. A biological parent consists of a person whose gamete resulted in a child, a male through the sperm, and a female through the ovum. Parents are first-degree relatives and have 50% genetic overlap. A female can also become a parent through surrogacy. However, some parents may not be biologically related to their children. An adoptive parent is one who nurtures and raises the offspring of the biological parents but is not actually biologically related to the child. Children without adoptive parents can be raised by their grandparents or other family members.
- also known as 親本
- Parents: Includes biological parents and adoptive parents. Includes stepparents only if they have legally adopted the subject. Does not include stepparents or other guardians who have not legally adopted the subject.
- Parents, published by Meredith Corporation, is an American mass circulation monthly magazine that features scientific information on child development geared to help parents in raising their children. It was first published in October 1926 and soon was selling 100,000 copies a month.
- official website: www.parents.com
- Parents is a British sitcom starring Sally Phillips as Jenny Pope, a woman in her forties who moves, along with her husband and children, to live with her parents in Kettering. The show ran for one series, broadcast on Sky1 in July and August 2012. On 5 March 2013, Sky confirmed that Parents would not return for a second series.
- Parents: The character's parents.
- Parents is a TV program.
- also known as 부모, 60분부모
- begun on (9 years ago)
- country: South Korea
Phrases with Parents
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Parents
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Moments Together For Couples (1995)
Devotions for Drawing Near to God and One Another by Dennis Rainey, Barbara Rainey
Exodus 20:12 Honoring your parents is a command for children of all ages. There is no exception clause in this...
Daddy Do You Love Me? (2006)
A Daughter's Journey of Faith and Restoration by Ariel Allison, Shelby Rawson
Honoring your parents means obeying them until you establish yourself as an adult. Honoring yourparents means recognizing what they'vedone right in yourlife . Honoring your parents means recognizing the sacrifices they have made foryou.
Reform, Rationality, and Modernity by Samira Haj
Linking in the same breath worship and kindness is meant to underscore worship as an embodied practice: honoring one's parents is an act of worship. Failing to honor one's parents is a form of shirk (associationism)—it signifies a rejection of ...
Weaving a Lexicon (2004)
by D. Geoffrey Hall
Goldin-Meadow However, 90 percent of deaf children are not born to deaf parents who could provide early exposure to a conventional sign language. Rather, they are born to hearing parents who rarely know conventional sign language and, ...
by Sana Loue, Martha Sajatovic
Nancy Mendez Grandparents have traditionally stepped in as full‐time or part‐ time parents during times of family crisis. But studies suggest that family crises are growing in the United States; along with the trend, there is also an increase in the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Parents
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Parents
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: sanderwapstra
Photo credit: indi.ca
Photo credit: nicubunu.photo
Photo credit: quinn.anya
Photo credit: thechosenrebel
- Parents Place
Photo credit: Lasse C
- Ireland and parents
Jake, Kelly and new baby Ireland
Photo credit: ishane
- Sophie's parents
Photo credit: magicmonkey
- Groom and parents
Photo credit: toholio
- Catie and her parents
Photo credit: VSPYCC
- Parents Place
Photo credit: Lasse C
- The parents
Sending their kids off to bone
Photo credit: goldberg
- Parents Picnicking
Photo credit: LornaJane.net
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Parents
Click on an item to play that video:
- PARENTS TAKE SLANG
- Vocabulary used in Maths - A Guide for Parents KS1&2 UK
An overview for parents of the vocabulary used when teaching maths at primary school to children in key stages 1 (KS1, infants) & 2 (KS2, juniors). Explanations ...
- New Definition of Autism: Parents, Let's Talk
Many fear that the new definitions of what is and what is not autism will prevent and exclude many children with high functioning autism from receiving services ...
- Teaching parents slang
- Slang Words & Perplexed Parents
have you heard these terms before? do you use them? do your friends use them? um, do your parents use them? awkward what are some good "that's what she ...
- Mentor Sentence - Explanation for Parents
This video is intended to help parents understand how the Mentor Sentence Homework is set up each week.
- Ryuu Social Skills Dragon Cards, Explanation for Professionals and Parents
Ryuu Cards, games and other resources are designed to teach social and emotional skills to young people on the autism spectrum and to get them really ...
- Eurekamp: An Explanation for Parents
A longer video, revealing the method behind the Eurekamp and Philosophy for Children Alberta Vision.
- 2015 Grades Explanation for Parents
Lee McClain | Language Arts | BMS - Informational video about grading policy in 7th grade language arts as well as how to interpret it all on Schoology this year.
- The Parents Room - e.2 1yr Old Vocabulary
- Simple Medicare Explanation - Help your parents improve their Medicare
- Parents' Explanation for Klopol Academy
- Parent Match - Adoption Terminology For Adoptive Parents
- AFN Daegu - Parents learn how to translate the meaning of text with children at home
When it comes to a military child's education, Parents should know how to decode the meaning of a book before helping their children to understand. KATUSA ...
- Free CD - "5 Most Common Ways Well-Meaning Parents Destroy Self-Esteem & Confidence"
Master Results Coach Sean Smith is offering a FREE audio program to educate parents about how fears and limiting beliefs are created in childhood so you can ...
- Parents: sabre bout explanation
A very basic explanation of sabre "right-of-way" and referee hand signals.
- Little Reader - Interview with Parents (#06) - Vocabulary and Communication
- Open House Explanation for Parents
- The Importance of Vocabulary & How Parents Can Teach Vocabulary at Home : Parenting Tips
- Slang words with parents such as roger
- What Your Parents Actually Mean: The Asian Parents Dictionary
Sometimes your parents say one thing but it means something completely different. Now you can decipher the meaning behind their words with this Asian ...
- Tips for Parents regarding Speech & Language Development
Tips for Parents regarding Speech & Language Development.
- Helping Parents Develop Language and Literacy at Home - Parents as Teaching Partners DVD
- HCISD discusses Dual Language Enrichment Program with parents
The Harlingen Consolidated Independent School District will be launching a Dual Language Enrichment Program this fall at Ben Milam and Lee Mean ...
- Dakota language phrases for parents men
Dakota language book phrases for parents as spoken by men.
- Distance Learning Tip: How Parents Can Impact Second Language Learning
Stacy Harper, Department Head of Second Languages at ADLC, gives advice to parents on how they can best support their children as they learn a second ...
- Parents angry over anthem sung in an Aboriginal language
- IISD Parents Describe the Dual Language Program
- Language Nest, Nuu-chah-nulth Immersion with parents.
Parent participation in the nest: parents get the opportunity to ask questions and try out immersion teaching methods. This one is a first attempt at the Paul Creek ...
- Parents Speeches - Cook Islands Language Week
Te Tuareka O Manurewa Cook Islands Language Week 3rd August 2015.
View more videos about Meet the Parents.
See also the pronunciation examples of Parents!
Click on an item to play that video:
- DTV South African Sign Language Lessons - Parents & Siblings
Today's South African Sign Language lesson is all about your immediate family.
- Girl Adorably Uses Sign Language at Holiday Concert for Her Deaf Parents
The video of a 5-year-old girl using sign language so her deaf parents can follow along during her kindergarten holiday pageant is making waves on the Internet ...
- Parents of deaf children encouraged to learn sign language
Parents of deaf children need to learn sign language in order to communicate with their children. This is the proposal by the undugu society of kenya, who ...
- Baby Sign Language Benefits - For Parents and Infants
Ever wonder why you would want to learn baby sign language and teach it to your infant? Please check out...
Quotes about Parents
The educating of the parents is really the education of the child children tend to live what is unlived in the parents, so it is vital that parents should be aware of their inferior, their dark side, and should press on getting to know themselves. (Laurens Van der Post)
more quotes about parents...
Scrabble value of P3A1R1E1N1T1S1
The value of this 7-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of PARENTS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Parents!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Parents to see it in context!