"Peg o' My Heart": "Peg o' My Heart" is a popular song written by Alfred Bryan and Fred Fisher. It was published on March 15, 1913 and it featured in the 1913 musical Ziegfeld Follies. The song was first performed publicly by Irving Kaufman in 1912 at The College Inn in New York City after he had stumbled across a draft of sheet music on a shelf at the Leo Feist offices. The song, performed by Max Harris and his Novelty Trio (based on a version by The Harmonicats), was used as the theme of the BBC miniseries The Singing Detective (1986). Celtic punk band Dropkick Murphys covered the song on their 2011 album, Going Out In Style. Their version features a guest appearance by Bruce Springsteen.
- "Peg o' My Heart": Peg o' My Heart is a 1933 film adaptation of the play of the same name by J. Hartley Manners. It starred Marion Davies as a poor Irish girl who stands to inherit a fortune if she satisfies certain conditions.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- director: Robert Z. Leonard
- producer: Robert Z. Leonard
- art direction by Cedric Gibbons
- written by Frances Marion & Frank R. Adams
- based on "Peg o' My Heart" by J. Hartley Manners
- Onslow Stevens as Sir Gerald 'Jerry' Markham
- Marion Davies as Margaret 'Peg' O'Connell
- J. Farrell MacDonald as Patrick Shamus
- Nora Cecil as Smythe (maid)
- Juliette Compton as Ethel Chichester
- Alan Mowbray as Capt. Christopher 'Chris' Brent
- Tyrell Davis as Alaric Chichester
- Doris Lloyd as Mrs. Grace Brent
- Irene Browne as Mrs. Chichester
- Robert Greig as Jarvis (butler)
- costume design by Adrian Adolph Greenberg
- genres: Black-and-white, Drama
- released on (81 years ago)
- "Peg o' My Heart": Peg o' My Heart is a 1922 American silent drama film directed by King Vidor and starring Laurette Taylor. It is based on the 1912 play written by Taylor's husband J. Hartley Manners. The play starred Laurette Taylor and famously ran a record number of performances on Broadway. Six reels of the original eight reels survive at the Library of Congress.
Peg O' My Heart: Peg O' My Heart is a 1977 theater production of a play by J. Hartley Manners.
- award: - Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Actress in a Play nomination for Sofia Landon
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Peg O' My Heart
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Peg O' My Heart for some fun with words!