On this page:
Definition of the noun pinopsida
What does pinopsida mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- most conifers: in some systems classified as a class (Pinopsida) and in others as a subdivision (Pinophytina); used in some classifications for one of five subdivisions of Gymnospermophyta
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- synonyms of Pinopsida: class Pinopsida / Pinophytina / subdivision Pinophytina
- more generic word: class = a taxonomic group containing one or more orders
- member of: class Coniferopsida / Coniferophyta / Coniferophytina / Coniferopsida / subdivision Coniferophytina = cone-bearing gymnosperms dating from the Carboniferous period; most are substantial trees
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Pinopsida
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Tatiana Wielgorskaya, Armen Leonovich Takhtadzhi͡an
Pinopsida. Taxales. 3/15. Temp. Northern Hemisphere southward to southern Mexico and New Caledonia. Genera: Pseudotaxus, Taxus, Torreya. TAXODIACEAE Warm. 1884. Pinopsida. Cu- pressales. 9/15. East and Southeast Asia, ...
by M N Doja
Subdivision Pinicae, Class Pinopsida, Order Ginkgoales, Family Ginkgoaceae (ginkgos). Group of seed plants today restricted to a single genus (Ginkgo biloba); ginkgos were more diverse ...
by Daniel Simberloff, Marcel Rejmanek
An exception is the class Pinopsida, for which enough evidence is available to allow for reasonably robust conclusions to be drawn on the determinants of invasiveness, taking into account life history traits, propagule pressure, and facets of ...
by Christopher G. Morris, Academic Press
Pinopsida see Pinatae. pinosome Cell Biology, any of the small, membrane- bound cytoplasmic vesicles that are pinched off of the plasma membrane and containing fluid taken up by a cell during pinocytosis. Also, pinocytotic vesicle.
by Walter Erhardt, Allen J. Coombes
Classis: Pinopsida ( Coniferae) 1. Ordo: Pinales Araucariaceae*, Cephalotaxaceae*, Cupressaceae, Phyllocladaceae, Pinaceae*, Podocarpaceae, Sciadopityaceae, Taxodiaceae* ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Pinopsida
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Pinopsida
If you need images about Pinopsida for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Scrabble value of P3I1N1O1P3S1I1D2A1
The value of this 9-letter word is 14 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Pinopsida to find many related words and phrases!