On this page:
- Piya is a fictional character from the 2008 film U Me Aur Hum.
- Piya is a fictional character from the 2009 film Cross Connection.
- Piya is a fictional character from the 2005 film Silsiilay.
- Piya is a fictional character from the 2001 film Tum Bin.
- Piya is a fictional character from the 2009 film Kaash Mere Hote.
- Piya is a fictional character from the 2008 film Heroes.
- Piya a.k.a. Piyali Roy is a fictional character from the book The Hungry Tide.
- read more about Piyali Roy
"Piya" is a musical album of Fariha Pervez.
- The Piya was a Chinese dictionary compiled by Song Dynasty scholar Lu Dian. He wrote this Erya supplement along with his Erya Xinyi commentary. Although the Piya preface written by his son Lu Zai is dated 1125, the dictionary was written earlier; Liu estimates around the Yuanfeng era.
- Piya a.k.a. Piya language: Piya-Kwonci is a minor West Chadic language of Nigeria. The autonym for the people is Ambandi.
- read more about Piya language
Phrases with Piya
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Piya
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
California Kinship Systems (1917)
by Alfred Louis Kroeber
Piyu in Kawaiisu denotes only the mother who has not lost a child; in the other three Plateau dialects the term pia, pie, piya means mother, without being so limited.
Arapaho Dialects (1917)
by Alfred Louis Kroeber
Piyu in Kawaiisu denotes only the mother who has not lost a child; in the other three Plateau dialects the term pia, pie, piya means mother, without being so limited. Luiseno tu', mother's mother, appears to correspond to Plateau toao'o ...
The Iliad; Ed (1888)
With Apparatus Criticus, Prolegomena, Notes, and Appendices by Homer
piya is a regular epithet of the ...
by Edward Winslow Gifford
Piyu in Kawaiisu denotes only the mother who has not lost a child; in the other three Plateau dialects the term pia, pie, piya means mother, without being so limited. Luiseno tu', mother's mother, appears to correspond to Platcau togo'o, togo, ...
The Italic Dialects (1897)
by Robert Seymour Conway
In judging the gloss of Eusta- thius it is hard to say whether the quite unparalleled form piya is a mark of corruption or genuineness. 1 It seems desirable to give these under a separate heading, but of the glosses given simply as ...
by Chitra Sankaran
Piya is a person who actually feels no sense of connection toward India and feels a sort of hostility toward Indian culture, but who does discover this other way of connecting with India. That too is increasingly common. VVhen you look at young ...
In Search of Sparrows (2010)
by Denis Summers-Smith
Piya Jinadasa. Piya is a manufacturer of tea handling ...
With Illustrative Sentences and Some Grammatical Notes
around, wind up Piya, v. tr., (1) surround (string). as an army surrounds Pombidza ,\«., ...
Dictionary of the Dakota language. II by Stephen Return Riggs
yuteéa; piya. ren'net, n. tatapo. renounce', ...
English-Pali Dictionary (1989)
by Ambalaṅgoḍa Polvattē Buddhadatta
piya ; manäpa ; 2. bavhagghanaka.
by Graham Harvey, Robert J. Wallis
PIYA. Various similar and related words in diverse Amazonian languages refer to the kind of shamans who have the ability to heal illnesses or commit violence ( predation). In some languages (e.g., that of the Wayapí discussed by Alan ...
An Introduction to Austronesian Studies by Darrell T. Tryon
KWO Iaeni-a YAM magilaw *WOL amasi *RAG tabe ISN aminya MAG momaij *PAA vati *KAL piya *NGA mora LEW ...
by Benjamin Clough
8cs, Piya, 8. father; husband, lord; woman; foot; foot-mark; stanza; birth, being, existence: 0. pleasing, paternal, agreeable, beautiful;
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Piya
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Piya
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Piya at Angkor Wat
Photo credit: spotter_nl
- Anakana or Piya Piya
A schizophrenic restaurant on old street
Anakana on RGL
Photo credit: rjw1
Video language resources about Piya
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Piya!
Scrabble value of P3I1Y4A1
The value of this 4-letter word is 9 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine