On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun plantae
What does plantae mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- (botany) the taxonomic kingdom comprising all living or extinct plants
- domain: botany / phytology
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- synonyms of Plantae: kingdom Plantae / plant kingdom
- more generic word: kingdom = the highest taxonomic group into which organisms are grouped
- plant life / flora / plant = a living organism lacking the power of locomotion
- Thallophyta = used only in former classifications: comprising what is now considered a heterogeneous assemblage of flowerless and seedless organisms: algae; bacteria; fungi
- division Tracheophyta / Tracheophyta = in former classifications: comprising plants with a vascular system including ferns and fern allies as well as seed plants
- plant order = the order of plants
- division Bryophyta / Bryophyta = a division of nonflowering plants characterized by rhizoids rather than true roots and having little or no organized vascular tissue and showing alternation of generations between gamete-bearing forms and spore-bearing forms
- division Pteridophyta / Pteridophyta = containing all the vascular plants that do not bear seeds: ferns, horsetails, club mosses, and whisk ferns
- division Spermatophyta / Spermatophyta = seed plants; comprises the Angiospermae (or Magnoliophyta) and Gymnospermae
- Phanerogamae = in former classification systems: one of two major plant divisions, including all seed-bearing plants
- Cryptogamia = in former classification systems: one of two major plant divisions, including all plants that do not bear seeds: ferns, mosses, algae, fungi
- plant family = a family of plants
- plant genus = a genus of plants
- Lycophyta = used in some classifications for the class Lycopsida: club mosses
Phrases with Plantae
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Plantae
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Access to Surgery (2007)
500 Single Best Answer Questions in Basic and Applied Anatomy by Shahzad G. Raja
Quadratus plantae is a deep muscle of the plantar surface of the foot - it insures that the tendons from flexor digitorum longus flex the toes properly. The plantar arterial arch is a structure that supplies blood to the deep foot. None of these other ...
Life Study Guide (2006)
The Science of Biology by Edward M. Dzialowski, David E. Sadava
Plantae is a kingdom found in the domain Eukarya. 9. b. Genes are specific sequences of DNA that contain the information used to make proteins. 10. b. Ecology is the study of how species interact with other species and the environment. 11. a ...
by A Luximon
The flexor accessorius or quadratus plantae is a flat muscle entirely in the sole. It arises by two heads. The fleshy medial head arises from the medial surface of the calcaneus and from the medial calcaneal tubercle, and the tendinous lateral ...
by David B. Jenkins
The quadratus plantae is a muscle that has no counterpart in the hand. Its origin is by two heads fromthe medial andlateral sides ofthe plantar surfaceof the calcaneus,distal to the calcaneal tuberosity, and its insertion is on the lateral and ...
by David S. G. Thomas, Andrew S. Goudie
Plantae. Six phyla (major groups) of photosynthetic organisms with cell walls, ranging from acellular forms (some algae) to much more complex organisms with highly developed organs and systems of organs (ferns, flowering plants).
by Carl A. Batt
Kingdom Plantae There are approximately 250 000 species, haploid and diploid life cycles , mostly ...
The Universal Gardener and Botanist: Or, A General Dictionary of Gardening and Botany ... The Second Edition. Carefully Revised ... and Very Much Enlarged, Etc (1797)
by Thomas MAWE (and ABERCROMBIE (John) Horticulturist.)
Annuae Plantae, annual plants, or but of one || year's ...
Encyclopedia of Biology (2016)
by CTI Reviews
Traditionally, textbooks from the United States used a system of six kingdoms ( Animalia, Plantae, Fungi, Protista, Archaea, and Bacteria) while British, Australian and Latin American textbooks used five kingdoms (Animalia, Plantae, Fungi, ...
by Berish Strauch, Luis O. Vasconez, Charles K. Herman, Bernard T. Lee
The lateral plantar artery crosses the foot in the plane between the flexor digitorum brevis and the quadratus plantae muscles (Fig. 543.1). In roughly the central third of the foot, it turns in a medial direction, passing deep to the oblique head of ...
by Michael Allaby, Chris Park
plant kingdom The taxonomic *kingdom (*Plantae) that comprises all living or extinct ...
living organismsinto five kingdoms (Monera, Protoctista, Fungi,Animalia, and Plantae),the prokaryotic algae (bluegreen algae, Cyanobacteria, Cyanoprokaryota) are placedin the Monera (Eubacteria)andthe eukaryoticalgaeinthe Protoctista.
by Berish Strauch, Luis O. Vasconez, M.d., Elizabeth J. Hall-Findlay, Bernard T. Lee
The lateral plantar artery crosses the foot in the plane between the flexor digitorum brevis and the quadratus plantae muscles (Fig. 1). In roughly the central third of the foot, it turns in a medial direction, passing deep to the oblique head of the ...
by David Darling , Dirk Schulze-Makuch
and vegetables ( Plantae). Gradually, as new discoveries revealed the diversity of life, more were added until the five-kingdom system (including Monera, Protista, Fungi, Plantae, and ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Plantae
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Plantae
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Rocky Houghtby
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Plantae
Animalia And Plantae Description 1
This video describe's organisms in Animalia And Plantae Kingdom Crustaceae, Insect, Magnoliophyta etc.. Examination in Kartini High School Batam Indonesia ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Plantae!
Scrabble value of P3L1A1N1T1A1E1
The value of this 7-letter word is 9 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of PLANTAE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Plantae!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Plantae to find many related words and phrases!