The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the verb pock:
On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun pock
What does pock mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: pocks
- a pustule in an eruptive disease
- lexical domain: States - nouns denoting stable states of affairs
- more generic word: pustule = a small inflamed elevation of skin containing pus
- part of: smallpox / variola / variola major = a highly contagious viral disease characterized by fever and weakness and skin eruption with pustules that form scabs that slough off leaving scars
Alternative definition of the noun pock
- A pus filled swelling on the surface on the skin caused by an eruptive disease.
- Any pit, especially one formed as a scar
Definition of the verb pock
What does pock mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: pocked | pocking | pocks
- mark with a scar
- lexical domain: Contact - verbs of touching, hitting, tying, digging
- synonyms of pock: mark / pit / scar
- more generic words: blemish / deface / disfigure = mar or spoil the appearance of
- more specific words:
- entailment: incise = make an incision into by carving or cutting
Who is Pock?
Pock a.k.a. Piyathida Mitrteeraroj is an actress.
- read more about Piyathida Mitrteeraroj (actress)
"Pock" a.k.a. "Pöck" is a musical album of Dingobats.
- released on (13 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Pock
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The pock is a complicated affair, and there is a ...
The Lancet (1846)
pock is a preventive of the small-pox only to a limited extent. A large proportion of those who have had the former are Inevertheless liable to be affected by the latter disease; but the small-pox which occurs under these circumstances ...
by Noah Webster, William Chauncey Fowler
by Hermann Nothnagel
future individual pock. Around such a central pock-mass in the larger pocks, different additional side masses may originate in the near neighborhood of the first ; this is by no means ordinarily or necessarily always the case. Soon after the ...
Containing a Full Explanation of the Various Subjects and Terms of Anatomy, Physiology, ... by Robley Dunglison
Pock'broken. See Pockmark. Pock eting. Treatment of the pedicle in ovariotomy by bringing ite extremity between the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Pock
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Pock
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Pock
Click on an item to play that video:
- Pock Meaning
Video shows what pock means. A pus filled swelling on the surface on the skin caused by an eruptive disease.. Any pit, especially one formed as a scar.
- Check Nyrius LT12 12 Language Global Digital Talking Translator Foreign Pock Product images
Nyrius LT12 12 Language Global Digital Talking Translator Fo Best Price Got Url: ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Pock!
Quotes about Pock
In the eyes of a lover a pock-marked face is one with pretty dimples.
more quotes about pock...
Scrabble value of P3O1C3K5
The value of this 4-letter word is 12 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Pock to see it in context!