On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Porites porites
What does Porites porites mean as a name of something?
Porites porites is a species of Porites, described by Pallas in 1766.
- synonyms: species Porites porites / Porites polymorphus / species Porites polymorphus / Porites porites porites / form Porites porites porites
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Cnidaria
- class: Anthozoa
- order: Scleractinia
- family: Poritidae
- genus: Porites
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Phrases with Porites porites
Phrases starting with Porites porites:
Phrases ending with Porites porites:
Other phrases containing Porites porites:
- Form Porites Porites Furcata
- Form Porites Porites Divaricata
- Subspecies Porites Porites Furcata
- Subspecies Porites Porites Divaricata
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Porites porites
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Porites porites, Linn. (P. clavaria, Blainv.) (pi. 75, fig. 61). American and Indian seas. Tribe 4. Antipathacea. Animals six-tentaculate, base forming corneous secretions. Fam. 1. Antipathidce. Animals fleshy, enveloping a corneous spinulous axis ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Porites porites
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Porites porites
If you need images about Porites porites for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Video about Porites porites
Porites porites Finger coral
Porites porites Finger coral.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Porites porites to find many related words and phrases!