On this page:
Definition of the noun Power pop
What does Power pop mean as a name of something?
- A genre of popular music inspired by 1960s British and American pop and rock music, with strong melodies, crisp vocal harmonies, economical arrangements, and prominent guitar riffs.
- power pop a.k.a. acoustic pop is a sub genre of pop that combines many backgrounds of music into one. Alternative, pop, acoustic, folk, techno, hip-hop, R, soul, rock, and many other genres influenced this genre.
- read more about acoustic pop
- Power pop is a popular musical genre that draws its inspiration from 1960s British and American pop and rock music. It typically incorporates a combination of musical devices such as strong melodies, clear vocals and crisp vocal harmonies, economical arrangements and prominent guitar riffs. Instrumental solos are usually kept to a minimum, and blues elements are largely downplayed.
- "Power pop" is a musical album of Estragos.
- released in (22 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Power pop
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Music Sound (2014)
by Nicolae Sfetcu
Back | Home | Up | Next Power pop is a long-standing musical genre that draws its inspiration from 1960s British and American pop music. Musically the style is characterized by strong melodies, crisp vocal harmonies, economical ...
by Philip D. Morehead
acoustic rock, techno, jungle, trip-hop, electronica, alternative rock, disco, doo- wop, folk rock, funk, groove, fusion, gangsta rap, glitter rock, hard rock, heavy metal, hiphop, jungle, Motown, new wave, bluebeat, power pop, psychedelic music, ...
by Steve Sullivan
It was fitting that the quartet was signed to Capitol, the label that provided the launching pad for the Beatles, as Carmen & company specialized in deliciously catchy power pop reminiscent of the Fab Four's early period . Carmen recalled for ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Power pop
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Power pop
If you need images about Power pop for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Video about Power pop
Power pop Meaning
Video shows what power pop means. A genre of popular music inspired by 1960s British and American pop and rock music, with strong melodies, crisp vocal ...
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Power pop to see it in context!