The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun prom:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun prom
- Phrases with Prom
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Prom
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Prom
- Photos about Prom
- Video language resources about Prom
- Quotes about Prom
- Scrabble value of P3R1O1M3
- Anagrams of PROM
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun prom
What does prom mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: proms
- a formal ball held for a school class toward the end of the academic year
- examples: It was a surprise to see all the students behaving with decorum on prom night. | According to functionalist theory, acne outbreaks provide a necessary limit on the number of prom attendees. | I went stag to the prom. | She danced with him at the high school prom. | Tom rented a tuxedo for the prom. | Tom doesn't know who Mary is planning to go to the prom with. | Tom danced with Mary and only three other girls at the high school prom. | Tom says he doesn't know who Mary is planning on going to the prom with. | Tom can't decide who he should ask to the prom. | Mary was elected queen of the prom.
- lexical domain: Natural Events - nouns denoting natural events
- synonym of prom: promenade
- more generic words: ball / formal = a lavish dance requiring formal attire
- "Prom" is a 2011 American teen romance comedy-drama film directed by Joe Nussbaum written by Katie Wech and produced by Ted Griffin and Justin Springer. It was released on April 29, 2011, by Walt Disney Pictures. The film was the first major production shot with Arriflex's Alexa HD cameras to be released in theatres.
- also known as Matura, A végzős buli, 班級舞會, 畢業舞會, Χορός τελειοφοίτων
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producers: Ted Griffin & Justin Springer
- executive producers: Samson Mucke & Sean Bailey
- production design by Mark White
- art direction by Nick Ralbovsky
- written by Katie Wech
- Aimee Teegarden as Nova Prescott
- Thomas McDonell as Jesse Richter
- Danielle Campbell as Simone Daniels
- Yin Chang as Mei Kwan
- Jared Kusnitz as Justin Wexler
- Nolan Sotillo as Lucas Arnaz
- Cameron Monaghan as Corey Doyle
- Kylie Bunbury as Jordan Lundley
- Jonathan Keltz as Brandon Roberts
- Nicholas Braun as Lloyd
- Raini Rodriguez as Tess
- Christine Elise as Sandra Linsey
- Dean Norris as Frank
- Faith Ford as Kitty Prescott
- Jere Burns as Principal Dunnan
- Aimee-Lynn Chadwick as Rachel
- Carlease Burke as Rhoda
- DeVaughn Nixon as Tyler Barso
- Joe Adler as Rolo
- Janelle Ortiz as Ali Gomez
- Robbie Tucker as Charlie Richter
- Amy Pietz as Corey's Mom
- Allie Trimm as Betsy
- Madison Riley as Kristen
- Rocco Nugent as Anton
- Ivy Malone as Alice
- Blair Fowler as Leah
- Chloe Little as Janel Lundley
- Kristopher Higgins as Derek
- Tahlena Chikami as Molly
- Laura Miranda as Anna
- Trevor Peterson as Logan
- Benjamin P. Scott as Nick
- Riley Voelkel as Claire
- Gabriela Banus as Sofia
- Karyn Nesbit as Hannah
- Britney Bailey as Julia
- Sierra Kane as Lindsay
- Jennifer Shelton as Salesgirl
- Emil Beheshti as Mr. Freni
- David Dustin Kenyon as Janitor
- Marcuis Harris as Fireman
- Sharon Omi as Teacher
- Kofi Siriboe as Max
- Katrina Baker as High School Student
- Melanie Brooks as Corey's Lab Partner
- Loren Burgos as Detention Girl
- Patrick Alan Davis as Tyler's Friend
- Meredith Devin as Cast Girl
- Tiffany Glo Malloy as Tina
- casting by Marcia Ross & Gail Goldberg
- cinematography by Byron Shah
- edited by Jeffrey M. Werner
- music by Deborah Lurie
- costume design by Shoshana Rubin
- set decoration by Jennifer Lukehart
- genres: Romance Film, Teen film, Comedy, Drama
- rating: PG (USA)
- released on
- official website: movies.disney.com/prom
- "Prom" a.k.a. "Do Not Disturb" is a 2010 comedy film directed by Eric Balfour, Laura Henry, Jon Mann-Krieger, Brandon Nicholas and Petro Papahadjopoulos.
- read more about Do Not Disturb
"Prom" is a book by Laurie Halse Anderson.
- "Prom" is a musical album of Grooms.
- released on (4 years ago)
- "Prom" is a composition.
- proM is a gene.
- proM is a genomic locus.
Phrases with Prom
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Prom
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
High School Prom (2012)
Marketing, Morals and the American Teen by Ann Anderson
Prom is a framework for further romanticizing an event that has already taken on mythic proportions.
JSL Vol 22-N2 (2012)
by JOURNAL OF SCHOOL LEADERSHIP
Like cheerleading, the prom is an icon of american culture.
In Her Genes (2014)
by Ina Davis
Prom is the buzz at school.
All about the Girl (2004)
Culture, Power, and Identity by Anita Harris
BEST The high school prom is an iconic event in American culture, central not only to images of the "typical" American teen but also to our image of the American high school. To say that proms are a big deal in high school is to state ...
The Yale Alumni Weekly (1912)
The Prom is an institution. It is famous not as a dance but as a tradition; it is widely recognized not because of its size but because of its striking, distinguishing characteristics,—all of them founded upon timehonored, custom. For ages the Prom ...
Symbols, Signs, and Meanings by J.M. DeBord
See also: Accomplice, Addict, Attack, Cage, Court, Crime, Escape, Fugitive, Guilt, Hostage, Jail, Police Officer Professor—See: Teacher Prom—Prom can be used in a dream-story to create symbolism based on associations with it—common ...
An Encyclopedia by Claudia Mitchell, Jacqueline Reid-Walsh
Rather than an upper-class celebration, however, the prom was a place for middle- and working-class high school students to emulate adults by donning formal dresses and tuxedos, dancing to orchestral music, and enacting stories of ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Prom
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Prom
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Jlhopgood
Photo credit: technicolor76
Photo credit: goldberg
Photo credit: Matt Glaman
Photo credit: goldberg
Photo credit: p_a_h
- Prom view
Photo credit: warrick1
- Prom pose
Photo credit: moonlightbulb
- Hacker Prom
Photo credit: Liz Henry
- Prom Dresses
Photo credit: Leopold.Terence
- Surfin' the Prom
Photo credit: warrick1
- Prom Corsage
Photo credit: Jim, the Photographer
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Prom
Click on an item to play that video:
- Prom Meaning
Video shows what prom means. a promenade concert. promenade. a formal ball held at a college near the end of the academic year. prom pronunciation.
- Explanation: Reloe Vlog, Prom
- Orouba Language Schools Prom
- Khmer Poem's Noun Pin Tom Nounh Prom
Khmer Poem's Noun Pin Tom Nounh Prom Channel Youtub...
- PROM MANH AND NOUN SARY COMEDY SHOW
- Nanjing Foreign Language School 2013 Prom Promo Video - Full Version
Directed by Michelle Xueling Sun Videography by Shichuan Han, Liyan Wang, Wanqi Wang.
- Nanjing Foreign Language School Prom Promotion Video Short Version
Videography by Liyan Wang and Wanqi Wang Directed by Michelle Xueling Sun Cast: Kiki Li and Victor Wei.
- Khmer Poem's Noun Pin Tom Nounh Prom
- May 1st , 2015 : Prom Recap, Foreign Language Week + More!
- Prom Prevue of Nanjing Foreign Language School, Xianlin Campus.
Senior Prom hosted by few of students who once went to American as exchange students~ Prom will be located in Sofitel Zhongshan Golf Resort.
- Noun Laorng Prom Tov - Sin Sisamuth and Ros Sereysothea
Sin Sisamuth & Ros Sereysothea Noun Laorng Prom Tov.
- Language, Prom edition
- Ask foreign language masquerade jiangxi college of prom dresses
- Samouth and Sothea - Noun La orng Prom Tov
Noun la orng prom tov, Sin Sisamuth Songs, Ros sereysothea Songs, Cambodia Karaoke Songs, Samuth and sothea collection songs, Khmer Oldies Songs, ...
- Sin Sisamut Ft Ros Serey Sothea - Noun Laorng Prom Tov
See also the pronunciation examples of Prom!
Quotes about Prom
Scrabble value of P3R1O1M3
The value of this 4-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of PROM
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Prom!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Prom to see it in context!