On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun protozoa
What does protozoa mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- in some classifications considered a superphylum or a subkingdom; comprises flagellates; ciliates; sporozoans; amoebas; foraminifers
- examples: Infectious diseases are caused by prions, viruses, rickettsia, chlamydia, bacteria, pathogenic fungi and protozoa. | Amoeba relates to protozoa.
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- synonym of Protozoa: phylum Protozoa
- more generic word: phylum = the major taxonomic group of animals and plants
- member of: kingdom Protoctista / Protoctista = in most modern classifications, replacement for the Protista; includes: Protozoa; Euglenophyta; Chlorophyta; Cryptophyta; Heterokontophyta; Rhodophyta
- protozoan / protozoon = any of diverse minute acellular or unicellular organisms usually nonphotosynthetic
- class Sarcodina / Sarcodina = characterized by the formation of pseudopods for locomotion and taking food: Actinopoda
- class Ciliophora / class Ciliata / Ciliophora / Ciliata = class of protozoa having cilia or hairlike appendages on part or all of the surface during some part of the life cycle
- class Mastigophora / class Flagellata / Mastigophora / Flagellata = protozoa having flagella
- class Sporozoa / Sporozoa = strictly parasitic protozoans that are usually immobile
Protozoa is a musical group.
- album: "Ты не можешь говорить?"
- official website: www.protozoa.ru
"Protozoa" is a 2011 animated short film directed by Anita Kwiatkowska-Naqvi.
- country: Poland
- genre: Animation
- released in (5 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Protozoa
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Joshua BishopRoby
The most common protozoa is the paramecium. You can see. © Shell Education #50162—Leveled Texts ...
Ciliary Movement (2015)
by J. Gray
The general impression given by the Flagellate Protozoa is that the movements of the flagellum are often closely controlled by the animal. In sponges the flagellum either moves or is stationary. If it moves, the whole length of the flagellum takes ...
by AWWA Staff
however, the taxonomy of the protozoa is a dynamic evolving process about which there is little agreement ( Lee et al ...
Encyclopedia of Soil Science (2006)
by R. Lal
Protozoa are single-celled eukaryotic organisms'1' commonly subdivided into four groups: flagellates, naked amoebae, shelled or testate amoebae (Testacea), and ciliates (Fig. 1). Naked amoebae are generally the most important group of ...
by Hanneke(J.)G. Baretta-Bekker, Egbert K. Duursma, Bouwe R. Kuipers
order of the subphylum →Sarcodina ( phylum Sarcomastigophora, see →Protozoa), unicellular marine organisms living either on the bottom (→benthic) or floating in the water column (planktonic).
by Edward Boden
monocytogenes Leptospira hardjo and other serovars Campylobacterfetus Besnoitia Fungi Aspergillusfumigatus Mortierella wolfii Protozoa Neospora caninum Toxoplasma gondii Trichomonasfetus Non- infectious causes ...
The Encyclopaedia Britannica (1894)
A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, and General Literature
Many Protozoa produce gymnospores directly by the breaking up of tneir protoplasm, and these are either " flagelluliB " (swarm-spores) or "amcebulaa "( creeping spores). The production of coated spores is more usual among the lower plants ...
by John W. Blunt, Murray H. G. Munro
Cyanobacteria Actinomycetes Actinobacteria - other Actinomycetes Miscellaneous and unidentified bacteria Protozoa Protozoa ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Protozoa
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Protozoa
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: trapezeartist
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Scrabble value of P3R1O1T1O1Z10O1A1
The value of this 8-letter word is 19 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Protozoa to see it in context!