Queens appears in the following pangram (a sentence using every letter of the alphabet at least once):
- Just poets wax boldly as kings and queens march over fuzz. (47 letters)
On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun queens
What does queens mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- a borough of New York City
- examples: There was a time when kings and queens reigned over the world. | Crowning toddler beauty pageant queens is Mr. Fredericksen's passion. | Gauge queens constantly up the ante in order to assert their commitment to a counter cultural look. | Queens is my favorite borough. | The two Queens are very different. | I had a jack, a king and three queens in my hand.
- lexical domain: Locations - nouns denoting spatial position
- instance of: borough = one of the administrative divisions of a large city
- part of: Greater New York / New York / New York City = the largest city in New York State and in the United States; located in southeastern New York at the mouth of the Hudson river
Alternative definition of the noun queens
- [poker slang] A pair of queens.
- Queens is the easternmost and largest in area of the five boroughs of New York City, geographically adjacent to the borough of Brooklyn at the western end of Long Island. Coterminous with Queens County since 1899, the borough of Queens is the second-largest in population, with approximately 2.3 million residents in 2013, approximately 48% of them foreign-born; Queens County is also the second most populous county in New York State, behind neighboring Kings County, which is coterminous with the borough of Brooklyn. Queens is the fourth-most densely populated county among New York City's boroughs, as well as in the United States; and if each New York City borough were an independent city, Queens would also be the nation's fourth most populous city, after Los Angeles, Chicago, and Brooklyn. Queens is the most ethnically diverse urban area in the world.
- also known as Queens County, New York; Queens County; Queens, New York City
- part of New York City, New York, United States of America
- touristic attractions:
- official website: www.queensbp.org
- Queens a.k.a. Queen's University Belfast: Queen's University Belfast is a public research university in Belfast, Northern Ireland. The university's official title, per its charter, is The Queen's University of Belfast. It is often referred to simply as Queen's, or by the abbreviation QUB. The university was chartered in 1845, and opened in 1849 as "Queen's College, Belfast", but has roots going back to 1810 and the Royal Belfast Academical Institution.
- Queens is a former provincial electoral district in Nova Scotia, Canada which existed between 1867-2013. It elected one member to the Nova Scotia House of Assembly. In its last configuration, the electoral district included the entirety of Queens County.
- part of Nova Scotia
- Queens a.k.a. Queens, West Virginia: Queens is an unincorporated community in Upshur County, West Virginia.
- read more about Queens, West Virginia
There are other places with in their name, like Old Queens, Four Queens, Queens Club, Queens Park, Queens Quay, Indian Queens, Queens College, Queens Village, Queens Wharf Tower, Valley of the Queens, Queens College Chapel, Queens Tower Building, Queens Park High School, Queens Theatre in the Park, Region of Queens Municipality, Queens University of Charlotte.
Queens is a Polish girl trio formed in February 2005 by Polish Music Agency. The group is one of the best known girl bands in Poland. After scoring a minor success with their debut album, the group started touring, but illnesses caused several shows to be cancelled. The group was then recast, with only Monika Niedek retained from the original members. The new lineup's first single, "We Are The Queens", was finally released in early 2007, but the song didn't gain much success. A bit later, when the video was recorded, Queens did a short promotional campaign and finally decided to take a short break. After the break, both the whole group and the Polish Music Agency decided to remix and re-release the last single. East Clubbers have mixed the song in 5 different versions. The re-released single also includes a song "Piękne Chwile", which was the Polish-language version of "We're The Queens".
- also known as Queens (grupa muzyczna), Queens (yhtye)
- genres: Pop music, Dance music
- albums: "Everybody Loves The Sunshine", "Każdego Dnia", "Mija Rok", "Made For Dancing", "No Goodbyes", "Ocalić Świat", "We're The Queens (East Clubbers Remixes)", "Od A Do Zet", "We're the Queens", "We Are the Queens", "End Times"
- official website: www.queens.pl
"Queens" is a cataloged instance, composition.
- "Queens" is a 2005 film directed by Manuel Gómez Pereira.
- also known as Reinas
- country: Spain
- language: Spanish Language
- executive producer: José Luis Escolar
- production design by Carlos Conti
- art direction by Bárbara Pérez-Solero
- written by Yolanda García Serrano & Joaquín Oristrell
- casting by Luis San Narciso
- cinematography by Juan Amorós
- edited by José Salcedo
- music by Bingen Mendizábal
- costume design by Paco Delgado
- genres: Comedy, Romance Film
- rating: R (USA)
- released in (10 years ago)
- official website: wwws.warnerbros.es/movies/reinas
- Queens a.k.a. Queen's: Queen's, also known as Zhì Zūn Bō Li Xié or Queen's Glass Slipper, is a romantic school comedy Taiwanese Drama starring Tang Zhen Gang and Joelle Lu. It started to air on March 3, 2007, and is based on the Korean comic series Queen's by Ha Sung-Hyen.
- begun on and completed on (8 years ago)
- country: Taiwan
- genres: School, Romance Film, Miniseries, Comedy, Drama
- "Queens" is a short film, directed by Victor Reis Aleixo.
- country: Brazil
- released in
- The Queens Cocktail is a variant on the Perfect Martini, with the addition of pineapple juice and sometimes lemon juice. Its closest relative is the more popular Bronx, which contains orange juice rather than pineapple.
- Queens was a provincial electoral district for the Legislative Assembly of New Brunswick, Canada. It used a bloc voting system to elect candidates. It was abolished with the 1973 electoral redistribution, when the province moved to single-member ridings.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Queens
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Las Vegas (2009)
1905-1965 by Lynn Zook, Carey Burke, Allen Sandquist
While the Four Queens and the Golden Nugget are on the corners, just past the Four Queens is an arcade for kids of all ages, as well as Bain's Ladies Apparel, reminding visitors that the locals shopped in the shadow of the gambling casinos ...
by Ms Sara K Day, Dr Miranda A Green-Barteet, Dr Amy L Montz
Beauty Queens is a dystopian vision that shows our own culture's trajectory by highlighting gender-normalizing pressures in our current world, using satire to exaggerate the absurdity of such pressures. bray uses the pageant microcosm as the ...
by Charlotte Sleigh
Ultimately, Adamson discovers that even the incestuous impregnation of the nest's new queens is a phenomenon not restricted to the formic household. Throughout the story, Byatt pays remarkable homage to the Victorian obsession with ...
by William Perry
a queen, the queen : queens, the queens $ 3 Poss a queen's, ...
by John Grasso, Eric R. Hartman
Queens tournament is an annual tenpin bowling event for amateur and professional female bowlers sanctioned by the USBC. The event is one of two women's professional major tournaments and ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Queens
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Queens
Click on an item to view that photo:
A street in Queens, two blocks from the 52nd St train station.
Photo credit: janoma.cl
- Queens Castle
Photo credit: Five Furlongs
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Queens
Click on an item to play that video:
- Queens Birthday Weekend Explanation
A quick explanation as to why Australia (apart from WA) celebrate the "Queen's Birthday" by having a long weekend in June.
- Queens meaning and pronunciation
1 of the 5 boroughs of New York City, NY. Others are Brookly, Bronx, Staten Island, & Manhattan. Queens also where many immgrants form small ghettos ...
- Jumping queens explanation
- Queens Meaning
Video shows what Queens means. One of the five boroughs of New York, New York, situated on Long Island, north of Brooklyn, west of Nassau county.. Queens ...
- Queens Meaning
Video shows what queens means. Category:English plurals. A pair of queens.. Queens Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say ...
- SAT Vocabulary Challenge | SHSAT | SAT| ACT | SAT Tutor | ACT Exam Tutor | Queens | New York
SAT Tutor Forest Hills New York -- Kweller Prep specializes in SAT ACT SHSAT Exam Prep and Tutors serving Forest Hills New York. "1500 words= 500"
- Dan Mangan - "The Indie Queens Are Waiting" - City Slang Christmas Ball
Dan Mangan - City Slang Christmas Ball @ Lido, Berlin, 5.12.2011.
- Anonymous Queens The Definition
- Anonymous Queens - The Definition
- 4 queens By BCM Performance and Explanation
- Magic Trick Explanation 2: A Queens Prediction
- Queens Speech Formal Language
Year 12 Spoken Language - 2014/15 Formal Language - Queen Elizabeth's Speech in Dublin Castle.
- Queens Language School
Last Day Junior 1,2 and 3.
- EFL GAMEDAY | QUEENS BIRTHDAY
Don't miss Saturday's broadcast of EFL Gameday on 98.1FM!
- KGMB Coverage of Language Access Network at Queens Medical Center
- Kyla: Meet a Teacher (ESL Teacher, Queens)
Why teach NYC? Hear Kyla's story.
- LiSMA Queens ESL Center
- King of Queens - The Language of Doug
Doug's got a special way of talkin'!
See also the pronunciation examples of Queens!
Quotes about Queens
Scrabble value of Q10U1E1E1N1S1
The value of this 6-letter word is 15 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Queens to see it in context!